SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

2021 Hellcat Redeye widebody

1611 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  vrwebster
Well my baby is in the shop with only 6k miles. Cylinder 1 had a miss fire code. Number 1 cylinder full of oil. Waiting for the tear down to see how bad. Anyone on here had this issue.

update 12-1-2022: after waiting a month they finally have an engine on the way. Should be here next week. Problem was a cracked block at the #1 cylinder. They claim it looked like a manufacturers defect.
Reactions: WVHEMIS
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
‘16 A8 Shaker
3,116 Posts
Ummmm no. If cyl 1 had a measly 100 cc of oil in it the motor woulda locked up and you would have a bent rod and a lot more than a misfire code

Cyl 1 full of oil huh? It’s yer story. Welcome regardless. Wait… WT is that you?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ummmm no. If cyl 1 had a measly 100 cc of oil in it the motor woulda locked up and you would have a bent rod and a lot more than a misfire code

Cyl 1 full of oil huh? It’s yer story. Welcome regardless. Wait… WT is that you?
Not my story. Dealers story. Didn’t sound to good when it got picked up.

· Registered
36 Posts
Well my baby is in the shop with only 6k miles. Cylinder 1 had a miss fire code. Number 1 cylinder full of oil. Waiting for the tear down to see how bad. Anyone on here had this issue.
Wow! That is a total bummer and I can only imagine how long it will actually take to get the new engine! I have not had any problems, other than the fact that the Performance Pages take a week or two to load! Certainly is your grandfather’s infotainment system! Otherwise, the engine sounds phenomenal and it’s really a total blast! Even though I have the radio package, I just love to hear the engine when I drive! Keep us posted on your progress

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! That is a total bummer and I can only imagine how long it will actually take to get the new engine! I have not had any problems, other than the fact that the Performance Pages take a week or two to load! Certainly is your grandfather’s infotainment system! Otherwise, the engine sounds phenomenal and it’s really a total blast! Even though I have the radio package, I just love to hear the engine when I drive! Keep us posted on your progress
Yes my performance pages takes for ever also. I love the car and it’s fast. Compared to other stock redeye’s around me I think this one was just a little faster. I was pulling 1.44 60 footer and 6.7 1/8. Bet my next engine won’t do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts