SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea (or gut feeling) if 2021 National Retail Consumer Cash 21CM1 gonna get extended after tomorrow or something else will be offered instead? Can’t decide if to order redeye tomorrow or wait and see.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,459 Posts
They have been extending it since Dec 2020. I would expect you would be fine but there are no guarantees.

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
809 Posts
Being that the plant is shut down, I sure wouldn't expect any additional incentives. They can't build what they already have orders for. But depending on who you order from, (Dan Cummins Dodge) they could hold current incentives for when car comes in.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
Per my discussion with the incentives people at FCA, dealers can toggle a "sold order protection" option when putting in an order for a car. As it was explained by the lady over the phone (as well as on the forums), that locks in the incentive for the customer at the time of ordering. The fine print on the promotion however says the promotion is good for vehicles delivered by the end of the promotion period listed. IDK why they try to make it less clear than mud. As Mr. Mattm400 said, some dealers are "guaranteeing" the incentive while others will not.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your thoughts/info. I didn’t know till I heard it here that the plant was closed again till mid April (who knows), so I’m going to wait, especially since all dealers in my area want 1k non refundable deposit.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Actually, I would think opposite. Now would be the time to get your order in, as they will pile up & the wait time will be greatly extended after they start running again. Plus if you get your incentive guaranteed, then what do you have to lose? Before this shutdown, (most) orders were running about 8 weeks on average. This will put it all at least 3 weeks behind. Dodge is not the only ones affected by this. Toyota has had 11 days shutdown, Ford has also halted production.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
especially since all dealers in my area want 1k non refundable deposit.
Unless you are ordering a manual transmission or a crazy combination of colors or options, don't ever agree to a non-refundable deposit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
Unless you are ordering a manual transmission or a crazy combination of colors or options, don't ever agree to a non-refundable deposit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Here's my take on that, I gave a $3000 non refundable deposit on mine. Only because I got deep discounts AND a guaranteed incentive hold. If a dealer actively wants to help me out & give a good deal, and can guarantee discount prices and then some. Then that's telling them that I will guarantee I'll buy it. It IS refundable if the car arrives damaged, or something is not correct with the car etc.etc. but other than that, they guarantee a car, price, discount, incentives, and I'll guarantee I'll buy it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's my take on that, I gave a $3000 non refundable deposit on mine. Only because I got deep discounts AND a guaranteed incentive hold. If a dealer actively wants to help me out & give a good deal, and can guarantee discount prices and then some. Then that's telling them that I will guarantee I'll buy it. It IS refundable if the car arrives damaged, or something is not correct with the car etc.etc. but other than that, they guarantee a car, price, discount, incentives, and I'll guarantee I'll buy it.
It absolutely makes sense. The problem in my area is that nobody offers discounts or willing to drop non refundable part. My concern is that the order could drag for 4-5 months and during that time I could come across a dealer who has it for sale. I’m not particular about my build, just want a redeye charger sooner than later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts