SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 90% sure at this point that I am going to sale my 2020 challenger hellcat redeye. I can order a 2021 Super Stock loaded/built as desired and should receive it within 15 weeks (maximum) the dealership is telling me. I never drag race, but my daily life consist of 0-60, or 80ish street driving. I do believe that the 10 hp gained via the SS is negligible. But the change in rear gear from the redeye 2.62 to the SS 3.09, coupled with the 18” (more sidewall) and 315 drag radial tires will be appreciated more for me personally. Sure the redeye has better brakes, handling, and a higher top speed. But again my driving style is and really always has been focused on flat out straight line performance. Again, I will probably never be on a drag strip. But I am blessed enough to ride around and drive 50-100 miles almost daily, in a pretty decent muscle car, for the love of driving alone. So I really feel that it will be a win/win for me. I enjoy the redeye so much that I am bound to enjoy the SS even more I think. Has anyone traded their redeye/hellcat for a new Super Stock, or even just bought a new SS and regretted it? Input appreciated...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,160 Posts
I certainly wouldn't try to talk you out of anything. It's about what you want.

- But I will say you're gonna take a pretty good hit $$wise trading in your '20 RE on a '21 SS. I sorta look at the SS/Demon/1320 models as purpose built cars for drag racing. Can they be driven daily on the street?....of course they can, but I doubt the suspension on a SS will be as good on the street as your current RE, but a SS should be great on the drag strip....

I would only buy the SS if I planned to use it mostly as intended....as a strip duty car. But that's just me. I could be wrong, but the few on boards I've seen that did any trading for a SS/1320 did it because they run them at drag strips and enjoy them.

- On the more positive side, you'll have a fairly rare car since they didn't sell a whole lot of them....especially if you could find a '20 model!! Might be worth something in 20 years or so...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,803 Posts
could just get a set of 18" wheels and drag radials for the rear and call it a day?
I agree, just get a 3.09 installed from the dealership and order the Super Stock Rear Wheels/Tires. It will cost significantly less!

$700 - Mopar 3.09 Geared LSD Rear Differential for the Dodge Hellcat Platform

$995 - 18" Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Hellcat Drag Wheels Rims OEM 2018 2019 2020 QTY=2 | eBay

$365 ea - https://www.discounttire.com/buy-ti...8KMv4wjHyeMGWhlTOue7zmdY13Py0hQBoC7i0QAvD_BwE

$2425 vs. $80+K!

Toss in the $995 DiabloSport or the $1200 DSC Suspension Controller and your straight line will improve quite a bit!

Even could add in Demon Springs for the rears.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,682 Posts
I am about 90% sure at this point that I am going to sale my 2020 challenger hellcat redeye. I can order a 2021 Super Stock loaded/built as desired and should receive it within 15 weeks (maximum) the dealership is telling me. I never drag race, but my daily life consist of 0-60, or 80ish street driving. I do believe that the 10 hp gained via the SS is negligible. But the change in rear gear from the redeye 2.62 to the SS 3.09, coupled with the 18” (more sidewall) and 315 drag radial tires will be appreciated more for me personally. Sure the redeye has better brakes, handling, and a higher top speed. But again my driving style is and really always has been focused on flat out straight line performance. Again, I will probably never be on a drag strip. But I am blessed enough to ride around and drive 50-100 miles almost daily, in a pretty decent muscle car, for the love of driving alone. So I really feel that it will be a win/win for me. I enjoy the redeye so much that I am bound to enjoy the SS even more I think. Has anyone traded their redeye/hellcat for a new Super Stock, or even just bought a new SS and regretted it? Input appreciated...
I resently had a 2020 RedEye and then sold it and got the Super Stock. No regrets whatsoever. OK, if I have to come up with something, the wide Body is slightly harder to load in my Race Trailer.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,868 Posts
Tbh it really seems like a waste of cash to me. For a LOT less money I would put some sticky rubber on the back and call it a day. It's the same car with different wheels really and maybe someone like this guy ^^^ can eke out a hair more performance, but prob not you or I. The 10hp is just measured at a higher rpm, and really the biggest factor is that you're never going to drag race.

·
Registered
‘21 REDEYE SUPER STOCK
1,209 Posts
I certainly wouldn't try to talk you out of anything. It's about what you want.

- But I will say you're gonna take a pretty good hit $$wise trading in your '20 RE on a '21 SS. I sorta look at the SS/Demon/1320 models as purpose built cars for drag racing. Can they be driven daily on the street?....of course they can, but I doubt the suspension on a SS will be as good on the street as your current RE, but a SS should be great on the drag strip....

I would only buy the SS if I planned to use it mostly as intended....as a strip duty car. But that's just me. I could be wrong, but the few on boards I've seen that did any trading for a SS/1320 did it because they run them at drag strips and enjoy them.

- On the more positive side, you'll have a fairly rare car since they didn't sell a whole lot of them....especially if you could find a '20 model!! Might be worth something in 20 years or so...
Can you elaborate more on the hit?

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gonna cost me right at $20,000. to do the swap. I already have 17,000 miles on my redeye.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
55 Posts
I've got a 19' Redeye Challenger with 3.09, Demon springs, Diablo suspension controller, 2.85 pulley on E85, and run MT ET Street SS tires for street duty. I've driven a Demon and the way my car is set up they feel very similar except at my power level it's kind of like a Demon on steroids. You can mimic the SS driving feel/experience with your current Redeye for way under 5K and obliterate the SS or Demon for another 3K. Just a thought.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,500 Posts
Why not get 3.09 gears installed on your Redeye? It’s got better front brakes, too. Slap on some DRs on the rear and you’re pretty close, I think.

·
Registered
Challenger SPWB 392
367 Posts
You have the same exact car (yours handles better) and you are considering spending 20k Plus Plus to get the same car again that has 10 more HP, that will never be noticed. Dodge is good at marketing these cars.

Dodge and everyone that helps them get these Cars built and out to all of us to enjoy wiil gladly thank you for your purchase.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
Hey Chancey I traded in my 2019 Redeye for my 2021 Super Stock and it is well worth it .You can do what others are saying but you get the extras with a warranty And will also say in street and sport mode i see no difference in driving and handling than my Redeye.To me it is worth the extra 3000 for what you get

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a Redeye and got the SS (2020 delivered in December) and I ABSOLUTELY love the purchase. It’s obviously personal choice, but it’s amazing and I’m glad I did it.
Yeah I just love the fact that bone stock, the SS is a purpose built drag car. Almost bought a used demon the other day, but more $$ than I could justify putting out. I also rarely have a car with more than 20,000 miles before selling or trading it. I love the demon style wheels, and many other small reasons. I know I could mod my redeye for the same results, while having better handling and brakes too. And it is way more logical to keep the redeye. But...I just really want one is the biggest reason of all!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
538 Posts
Fools and money do soon part is the old adage in this case....

But, it is your money and if that's what makes you happy, I wish you the best of luck.

IMO, it's not only a waste of money/time, but it really nets you nothing you can't already get for much less.

I could really understand it if you were going from a Scat Pack or even a Hellcat..... but you already have a WB Redeye...

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have the same exact car (yours handles better) and you are considering spending 20k Plus Plus to get the same car again that has 10 more HP, that will never be noticed. Dodge is good at marketing these cars.

Dodge and everyone that helps them get these Cars built and out to all of us to enjoy wiil gladly thank you for your purchase.
Yeah I know, I already stated the horsepower is negligible. And yes dodge is very good at marketing. If not, none of us would be here discussing anything about any of our (dodge) cars...There is no way to justify even a base hellcat, or any upgrade of such, but I have bought every car I have owned because I wanted to experience yet another muscle car. It is purely a vanity and thrill purchase, I have zero desire (or ability for that matter) to justify any auto purchase I have ever made! The few guys here that have actually went from redeye to SS, seem to say what I expect I will too. They love it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fools and money do soon part is the old adage in this case....

But, it is your money and if that's what makes you happy, I wish you the best of luck.

IMO, it's not only a waste of money/time, but it really nets you nothing you can't already get for much less.

I could really understand it if you were going from a Scat Pack or even a Hellcat..... but you already have a WB Redeye...
A fool I may be. But not because of your opinion. Its basically wanting another/different car and has nothing to do with money. Redeye? been there done that.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A fool I may be. But not because of your opinion. Its basically wanting another/different car and has nothing to do with money. Redeye? been there done that.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
465 Posts
Yeah I just love the fact that bone stock, the SS is a purpose built drag car. Almost bought a used demon the other day, but more $$ than I could justify putting out. I also rarely have a car with more than 20,000 miles before selling or trading it. I love the demon style wheels, and many other small reasons. I know I could mod my redeye for the same results, while having better handling and brakes too. And it is way more logical to keep the redeye. But...I just really want one is the biggest reason of all!
Question is, on your death bed, will you think "man, I wish I wouldn't have bought the SS (that you really wanted)]?
I say if you can reasonably afford it, buy it. Life is short, might as well live it!

1 - 20 of 199 Posts