SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone wondered what the assembly line oil filter looks like on a 2022 Redeye, here it is. Interesting factory stenciling that says "FACTORY INSTALLED" on the 04884899AC filter. Also interesting to see that it's a 2015 filter from the copyright printing.

Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Camera lens

Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle part Carbon Automotive lighting

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was installing the brake air deflectors today and thought I'd try to get my arm stuck under the car taking these photos. 20 attempts later I got these two useable photos!. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Show us pics of the air deflectors installed!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
What do these do? Are they only for redeyes or all narrow body’s?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They direct air toward the rotors at high speeds for brake cooling.

·
BMF
4,670 Posts
I will stick with the white SRT Filter

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
180 Posts
My 2021 Challenger Redeye came with the 899 factory installed.
My 2021 Trackhawk came with the 041 factory installed.
I'm pretty sure it's whatever filter they have at the moment.

·
Premium Member
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
1,668 Posts

These appear to be lower-grade non-SRT filters. Which is probably OK, since they have to be replaced quickly anyway.
i wonder if they are actually still making the white Viper ones...
The black filters, which are the only ones available to us here in Canada, are not a lower grade filter and are no different internally from the white ones except that they are black and do not have SRT on them. The white ones with SRT on them are appear to be only sold in the US and are not even available to us here through Mopar Parts. I did get some of the white ones from the US when a friend of mine was in the US and cut one of each of to do a comparison and found no differences between them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,438 Posts
This 899 filter with an earlier copyright date was also used on the 5.7L through 2014.

From 2015-on, it was 392 and 6.2L Hellcat engines only

My 2021 Trackhawk came with the 041 factory installed.
I'm pretty sure it's whatever filter they have at the moment.
There's a post like this every now and then but they are rare. Was your filter stamped with FACTORY INSTALLED? Cause I wasn't even sure Saltillo had these filters on hand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
180 Posts
The black filters, which are the only ones available to us here in Canada, are not a lower grade filter and are no different internally from the white ones except that they are black and do not have SRT on them. The white ones with SRT on them are appear to be only sold in the US and are not even available to us here through Mopar Parts. I did get some of the white ones from the US when a friend of mine was in the US and cut one of each of to do a comparison and found no differences between them.
This is interesting, I have cut them apart as well.
My findings were basically the same as Steve White Motors.
The 041 filter is just a better filter.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts