SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What do these do? Are they only for redeyes or all narrow body’s?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The black filters, which are the only ones available to us here in Canada, are not a lower grade filter and are no different internally from the white ones except that they are black and do not have SRT on them. The white ones with SRT on them are appear to be only sold in the US and are not even available to us here through Mopar Parts. I did get some of the white ones from the US when a friend of mine was in the US and cut one of each of to do a comparison and found no differences between them.
Sounds like your buddy is full of crap.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have always used the white filter, have 60k miles, almost 40k of those on e85 and use the srt pennzoil and the white filter. Replaced my oil pan gasket a few weeks ago and inside of engine looked brand new - all of the cylinders still had cross hatch, and there was ZERO sludge or debris in the oil pan or oil pickup tube. Cheap out and get the $8 filter if you want

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I just don’t know why you’re laughing at everything, someone just posted a video with them all cut open and you can literally see physically that the SRT filter is superb

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Maybe because I have compared them personally by cutting both types in half and found no difference in them. Same filter material, same valve, same gauge, same crimping. So yes, I do find that funny, but interesting as well. Wonder if the ones sent to Canada are built to different spec, don't know. Shouldn't be, otherwise you would think they would've used a different Part # for it then if it was a different spec. I will only be able to believe what I have seen before me. You figure it out. lol
You said your buddy did that though?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks. Close, Will be doing more tuning this season. should get it into the high 8's. Not sure if I will this year, but I have a Ported Gen 5 3.0L, 112mm TB & 1440 injectors to go in, but may do it over the winter for next year. Hoping for low 8's then. We'll see. 😈 👍
Oh yeah, that’ll definitely get you there lol. Awesome man. I don’t think you can get that 60’ down much more so it’s going to be all about the power. Definitely setup for it though. Stock bottom end? Great thing about the whipple is how much more efficient it makes power and how much cooler it runs over the 2.4/2.7 and you have tons of room to turn it up

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
No, my buddy was in the US and got some of the White SRT filters for me.
Weird, I know there was a batch issue where they were actually bad a while back, not sure if that would make them look identical though, because they are really different. I prefer to run them since I can get them easily

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Go figure, I just called my friend that is also my parts guy, he's actually the Parts Manager, and found out that we are now able to order the white "SRT" filter but that they are on restriction because of a filter paper shortage for them. A few other filters are on restriction as well. Not good. We're going to see if there is any chance to receive some of them. I ordered 3 cases. I just like the "SRT" logo on them. I have 13 of the black ones in stock so I'm not worried about running out. Apparently we have 73 if the white ones in Canada, while you guys have over 400 in your warehouses.
I would scoop them up, I know you only like them for the SRT logo lol but they really are different. If you’re up to it and feel like wasting a filter or 2 I’d be interested to see what the internals are like if you cut another open. Shortages on everything - again. I had to wait 2 months for Mickey Thompson to literally make my 315/50r17 ET R’s smh

1 - 20 of 28 Posts