SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
1,668 Posts

These appear to be lower-grade non-SRT filters. Which is probably OK, since they have to be replaced quickly anyway.
i wonder if they are actually still making the white Viper ones...
The black filters, which are the only ones available to us here in Canada, are not a lower grade filter and are no different internally from the white ones except that they are black and do not have SRT on them. The white ones with SRT on them are appear to be only sold in the US and are not even available to us here through Mopar Parts. I did get some of the white ones from the US when a friend of mine was in the US and cut one of each of to do a comparison and found no differences between them.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
I just don’t know why you’re laughing at everything, someone just posted a video with them all cut open and you can literally see physically that the SRT filter is superb
Maybe because I have compared them personally by cutting both types in half and found no difference in them. Same filter material, same valve, same gauge, same crimping. So yes, I do find that funny, but interesting as well. Wonder if the ones sent to Canada are built to different spec, don't know. Shouldn't be, otherwise you would think they would've used a different Part # for it then if it was a different spec. I will only be able to believe what I have seen before me. You figure it out. lol

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Nice man, car is moving. What you putting down? 1100whp?
Thanks. Close, Will be doing more tuning this season. should get it into the high 8's. Not sure if I will this year, but I have a Ported Gen 5 3.0L, 112mm TB & 1440 injectors to go in, but may do it over the winter for next year. Hoping for low 8's then. We'll see. 😈 👍

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Weird, I know there was a batch issue where they were actually bad a while back, not sure if that would make them look identical though, because they are really different. I prefer to run them since I can get them easily
Sure, I would too as I like the SRT logo. lol
I can only get the black ones and they have always done their job, what else can I say.
Here's a picture of that day at Napierville. It was real cloudy so not good lighting.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Oh yeah, that’ll definitely get you there lol. Awesome man. I don’t think you can get that 60’ down much more so it’s going to be all about the power. Definitely setup for it though. Stock bottom end? Great thing about the whipple is how much more efficient it makes power and how much cooler it runs over the 2.4/2.7 and you have tons of room to turn it up
Should be able to get the 60' down in the high 1.2's.
She hooks good.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Seems like a badass ride man. 15” conversion and all
Go figure, I just called my friend that is also my parts guy, he's actually the Parts Manager, and found out that we are now able to order the white "SRT" filter but that they are on restriction because of a filter paper shortage for them. A few other filters are on restriction as well. Not good. We're going to see if there is any chance to receive some of them. I ordered 3 cases. I just like the "SRT" logo on them. I have 13 of the black ones in stock so I'm not worried about running out. Apparently we have 73 if the white ones in Canada, while you guys have over 400 in your warehouses.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
I would scoop them up, I know you only like them for the SRT logo lol but they really are different. If you’re up to it and feel like wasting a filter or 2 I’d be interested to see what the internals are like if you cut another open. Shortages on everything - again. I had to wait 2 months for Mickey Thompson to literally make my 315/50r17 ET R’s smh
There are so many shortages now. I have been waiting since January for ARP Torque Convertor Bolts.
I should still have the ones I cut up before in my shop. I'll look and if I do I'll post pics.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Lot of coin for that billet diff! Let me know if you break it 🙂 seems like it should be indestructible. I know stock ZF internals are used in it, are they replaceable if you wear out the clutch packs?
I doubt it will break. AJ is in the high 7's with one of them and it is holding up just fine. Besides, I will not put a Ford product in my car or put a live axle into my Demon. You can make a IRS hook. The clutch packs are repairable. Check out the 15" Alpha 1 Welds I'm using, no actual hub and only 14 pounds each.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Man, you have all top dollar stuff lol literally best of the best. Be sure to post some videos when you crack 8’s this season! One heck of a car
I do have a lot into it. But I'm having a lot of fun for a 67 year old. lol Can't take the money with you. So I'm spending it while I'm still alive. Also never had kids as I wanted all the toys for myself. lol

One day I might put the Demon back to stock since I have the original complete engine along with the trans, driveshaft and the entire rear suspension cradle intact and crated up.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
I would scoop them up, I know you only like them for the SRT logo lol but they really are different. If you’re up to it and feel like wasting a filter or 2 I’d be interested to see what the internals are like if you cut another open. Shortages on everything - again. I had to wait 2 months for Mickey Thompson to literally make my 315/50r17 ET R’s smh
I was telling you yesterday that I put a order in for 3 cases=36 of the white SRT oil filters and my parts guy told me today that Mopar kicked my order out. So my parts guy called them about that and was told by them that they would only allow him to order up to 6 max.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
What?? Why??? That makes no sense
Those white SRT filters are on restrictions now because of a supply shortage of the filter paper used in them along with the black filters. They limited the order to only 6 of the white and 12 on the black as they have more of them available over the white ones. Other oil filters may join them if the inventory gets too low.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts