SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Super Stock
76 Posts
thanks for posting the vid BHoward. Never seen it before. So the fella at Steve White said the filter media is different between the black and white filters. Does anyone know the micron rating of these? I've search...maybe looking in the wrong places...but haven't found anything. It's been about 2-years since I cut apart a white and black filter but what I remember was there was a difference in the number and size of the filter inlet holes. It surprised me that the black filter had more open flow area than the white filter...that is if I did the math right :).

·
Premium Member
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
1,668 Posts
I would scoop them up, I know you only like them for the SRT logo lol but they really are different. If you’re up to it and feel like wasting a filter or 2 I’d be interested to see what the internals are like if you cut another open. Shortages on everything - again. I had to wait 2 months for Mickey Thompson to literally make my 315/50r17 ET R’s smh
I was telling you yesterday that I put a order in for 3 cases=36 of the white SRT oil filters and my parts guy told me today that Mopar kicked my order out. So my parts guy called them about that and was told by them that they would only allow him to order up to 6 max.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I was telling you yesterday that I put a order in for 3 cases=36 of the white SRT oil filters and my parts guy told me today that Mopar kicked my order out. So my parts guy called them about that and was told by them that they would only allow him to order up to 6 max.
What?? Why??? That makes no sense

·
Premium Member
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
1,668 Posts
What?? Why??? That makes no sense
Those white SRT filters are on restrictions now because of a supply shortage of the filter paper used in them along with the black filters. They limited the order to only 6 of the white and 12 on the black as they have more of them available over the white ones. Other oil filters may join them if the inventory gets too low.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I also took pictures of mine , also I noticed that your oil cooler lines are dripping , mine did also , I tightened mine up with a big crescent wrench. Many of these engines have come through with leaking oil cooler lines.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Yeah I saw that drop too. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Something I noticed, the 899AC is factory installed and 4.1x4.1x4.1 in, CDJR dealer gives me free oil changes with service and uses a 899BC filter which looks the same but is 4x4x4 in and weighs .2 lbs more. Weirdly the BC doesn't list on a 2015 Charger but does on 16'-20'. It's an $8 dollar filter, so a SRT filter is $16 maybe $20, at least now I know, get the SRT filter, what's $8-$10 compared to a HC engine.

4884899AC - Genuine Mopar Filter-Engine Oil

4884899BC - Genuine Mopar Filter-Engine Oil

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Anyone know what the difference is with the various same part number filters that have different ending letter codes? AC versus BC etc?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
But is there an actual filter material, case thickness, relief valve, etc difference that is listed anywhere?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have always used the white filter, have 60k miles, almost 40k of those on e85 and use the srt pennzoil and the white filter. Replaced my oil pan gasket a few weeks ago and inside of engine looked brand new - all of the cylinders still had cross hatch, and there was ZERO sludge or debris in the oil pan or oil pickup tube. Cheap out and get the $8 filter if you want
And your using the white filter has prevented nuclear war, which hasn't happened since you started using it.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,001 Posts
Reactions: JCasey

·
Registered
2022 Super Stock
76 Posts
But is there an actual filter material, case thickness, relief valve, etc difference that is listed anywhere?
njsteve...it's got to be the best kept secret in Mopar (well is was). shademaker is correct, it a revision level. I've been told by Dodge parts professionals that they change part revision levels if they change a supplier. The specs are buried in Engineering/Purchasing documents that we would never get access. For oil filters, so long as the first letter has not changed I would not be concerned e.g. AA to now AC but if you see that they changed the first letter I would do more checking/questioning just to make sure that there hadn't been a significant design issue discovered or that your buying a really old part e.g. AC to a B something. Following the link by rayzazoo looks like the AC revision changed the burst pressure from 275 to 300psi. Looking at the specs for the media, I agree w/ those who say the White filter is better.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,510 Posts
Anyone ever hear of an engine failure because the OEM filter was not good enough?

If the 899 and 041 were side-by-side on the shelf at Walmart, sure, I'd go for the 041. But if the 899 is good enough for Dodge to give the 3/36 5/60 warranty, I think it's probably ok.

Maybe they should have "recommended" the 041 so they could have made more profit!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,438 Posts
Anyone ever hear of an engine failure because the OEM filter was not good enough?
No and in the old SRT article on the 041 that is inaccessible now it actually said to run the 899 on the street and leave the 041 for the track.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

61 - 78 of 78 Posts