SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year Gang!

On New Years day I ate pork, 12 grapes and other round fruit, fish, noodles, rice, threw money under the mattress and opened the front door..............so what the heck may as well see what happens.................... ;)

Hello "Dodge Cares".

It has been a while. Can you start this year off with some good news please?

Warmest regards,

"Folks that wanna buy MT HCs"

·
Registered
636 Posts
Unfortunately you missed the only superstition that actually works...running around the block with luggage at midnight.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Did you take a crap between 10pm and midnight? If not, you brought the same old s__t into 2022 that was their in 2021, so everything that happens in 2022 is all your fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely want the auto. The clutches go, the hrb’s go, and none of those are covered by the power train warranty. Auto goes, for any reason? You get a brand new transmission.
My 2016 r/t has 46k miles on it and the stock clutch is fine. Warranty only last 5 years/60k miles so I think the clutch should last at least that long.. as long as you're not too hard on it.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
My 2016 r/t has 46k miles on it and the stock clutch is fine. Warranty only last 5 years/60k miles so I think the clutch should last at least that long.. as long as you're not too hard on it.
Your 2016 R/T doesn't make half the final wheel horsepower that ours do in eco mode. It has a weaker transmission and the engines we're talking about have more than double the torque and power of your R/T. The Hellcat M6 has been a dog since its inception and has been categorically proven to not be up to the task, hence part of why they yanked it. As for being hard on it or not... just driving a 4,500+lb monster with 653 lb.ft. of torque is stress enough to instantly grenade the transmission in a Toyota 86. The application matters. In addition, there's a different clutch in the M6 for the Hellcat, not to mention different guts.

Of course, the above doesn't even touch on the skip-shift "feature" that likes to insert itself when it isn't supposed to. I've driven a lot of M6s in my day, but I would rather drive the stick in a deuce-and-a-half than ever drive the Tremec TR-6060 ever again. Hands down it receives my reward for one of the worst manual transmissions pretty much ever put into a car. It's sloppy, weak, doesn't do any service to the fine vehicle it's strapped to.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Will never understand why all the M6 haters like to come into threads that are very obviously meant for people interested in a manual transmission car.

I'll argue that if you know how to drive a manual car properly that your clutch will live just fine on the street. Start adding drag radials and going to the track, yeah it's going to be an issue but in stock form, it's fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Your 2016 R/T doesn't make half the final wheel horsepower that ours do in eco mode. It has a weaker transmission and the engines we're talking about have more than double the torque and power of your R/T. The Hellcat M6 has been a dog since its inception and has been categorically proven to not be up to the task, hence part of why they yanked it. As for being hard on it or not... just driving a 4,500+lb monster with 653 lb.ft. of torque is stress enough to instantly grenade the transmission in a Toyota 86. The application matters. In addition, there's a different clutch in the M6 for the Hellcat, not to mention different guts.

Of course, the above doesn't even touch on the skip-shift "feature" that likes to insert itself when it isn't supposed to. I've driven a lot of M6s in my day, but I would rather drive the stick in a deuce-and-a-half than ever drive the Tremec TR-6060 ever again. Hands down it receives my reward for one of the worst manual transmissions pretty much ever put into a car. It's sloppy, weak, doesn't do any service to the fine vehicle it's strapped to.
Everyones entitled to they're own opinion

·
Registered
734 Posts
For the skip shift, either learn to drive the car to prevent it (it's actually simple to do) or spend $20 on a kit to eliminate it.

The auto is faster argument coming in 3......2.......1.......

Maybe one day we can have a manual thread without the same old constant BS dumped into it. Just maybe, one day some people will understand some people don't care about speed and care more about fun and the M6 is more fun for a certain type of person. Not everyone but their are still some of us old dinosaurs out their that prefer it. Cause if speed is all I cared about I WOULD NOT have bought a hellcat. Couple years ago we could brag but their are several cars out their faster than HC's for less money.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,736 Posts
Warranty only last 5 years/60k miles so I think the clutch should last at least that long.. as long as you're not too hard on it.
Dealer would normally only cover the first clutch and only within the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, after that you're on your own and the clutch would never be covered under the 5 year / 60,000 mile powertrain portion of your warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the skip shift, either learn to drive the car to prevent it (it's actually simple to do) or spend $20 on a kit to eliminate it.

The auto is faster argument coming in 3......2.......1.......

Maybe one day we can have a manual thread without the same old constant BS dumped into it.
I never knew about the skip shift until I read about it in another thread the other day. Havent experienced it yet. Does it only activate on low rpm shifts?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,736 Posts
Does it only activate on low rpm shifts?
It will activate if you are in normal street default mode and try to shift out of first gear at light throttle at exactly 2000 rpm. In that condition, the gates for second and third are locked out and you will be forced into fourth gear.

If you drive it with a little more throttle or let it wind out past 2000 rpm or even shortshift early before getting to 2000 rpm, then it will not activate.

Also for 2017 and newer, putting your car in Sport or Track disables the skip-shift.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 70 Posts