SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,826 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is what he recommended and what I used. Honestly, anything @16GoManGoHC suggest or says I really listen to. He's done a lot more than I ever will with his M6 HC. He said it was good so I pulled the trigger. Happy so far.

If it's on E85 it isn't exactly stock now is it? Needs at min a tune but to be hellcat fast and done right you need some supporting mods (like injectors at least). Do the same stuff to the HC and what's going to happen? Either way, I think some of you put to much stock in penis measuring. Got over all that dumb shit in my early 20's. You quickly learn that speed is just money and your pocketbook determines more about how fast you can go than what car you decide to start with. In my mid 40's now so I buy cars that I enjoy driving. I have a Mustang to and like it but you buy those two cars for different reasons.
I wouldn't say it's dick measurement over here. It's more got to do with the fact that one can buy an $80,000 car and get $80,000 worth of performance, or they can get an $80,000 car with $55,000 worth of performance depending on which transmission they select. The difference is quite literally to that extreme.

The only reason I even mentioned the Mustang is due to the large number of E85 Mustang vs. Hellcat videos on the internet. The overwhelming majority of the unfortunate losers in these videos are M6 Hellcats. Thus, an M6 Hellcat is only as fast as an NA 302V8 on E85, which is a very, very inexpensive upgrade for the Mustang. The A8 vs an E85 Mustang is not even a close contest.

Nobody here is saying a person can't drive a car the way the want, for reasons unique to themselves. I drove manuals most of my life. I too owned Mustangs (lots of them, in fact and I've owned at least one of every generation with the exceptions of the Mustang II and the subsequent mid-late 70s model). I'm not saying a person shouldn't do what they find enjoyable. However for me, I have issues with selecting that which gives me joy over the fact that said selection has to come with a major performance limitation. It's like with my decision to order a WB. I -don't like- the WB format as much as I like the cleaner lines of the NB. However, the JB only comes one way... so... I'll make due.

I'm just personally the type of driver that wants performance potential over looks. If I were hung up on looks, I'd just get an SXT with an M6 and put a Hellcat hood on it. I mentally draw the line at the M6 because a SP 1320 with an A8 can be faster than the Hellcat M6 right off the showroom floor. In any respect, those two are fairly close in stock trim, side-by-side. Vs. an A8 Hellcat, not even a contest. So, again, if I wanted an M6 Mopar for the looks and performance, I'd save myself 30 grand and just get a 1320 or a SP... mainly because the M6 Hellcat is, in my most humblest of opinions, a very expensive dog.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I wouldn't say it's dick measurement over here. It's more got to do with the fact that one can buy an $80,000 car and get $80,000 worth of performance, or they can get an $80,000 car with $55,000 worth of performance depending on which transmission they select. The difference is quite literally to that extreme.
Got it. The only performance that matters in a car is it's 0-60 or 1/4 mile time. Your math is kind of shit, going off that premise 3 tens equals 92.3% (3.9 vs 3.6) 0-60 or only a 2 tenths difference of the time in the quarter (11.9 vs 11.7) or 98.3% of the performance of the FAR superior car. So your $80K should be more compared to $74,640 (0-60) $78,640 (quarter mile), but then that doesn't create such a wow factor now does it?

I'm just personally the type of driver that wants performance potential over looks. If I were hung up on looks, I'd just get an SXT with an M6 and put a Hellcat hood on it. I mentally draw the line at the M6 because a SP 1320 with an A8 can be faster than the Hellcat M6 right off the showroom floor. In any respect, those two are fairly close in stock trim, side-by-side. Vs. an A8 Hellcat, not even a contest. So, again, if I wanted an M6 Mopar for the looks and performance, I'd save myself 30 grand and just get a 1320 or a SP... mainly because the M6 Hellcat is, in my most humblest of opinions, a very expensive dog.
If performance is more important than looks or basically anything else? Why did you buy and are re-buying the slower version of the HC platform? The Challenger is slower than a charger in 0-60, quarter mile and top speed. But then if looks don't matter too, why not go with a Durango HC or Trackhawk as their 0-60 embarrasses us Challenger owners. If tenths of a second in a drag race matters so much why buy the slowest A8 version of the HC that is available? Maybe all the M6 owners should start going into every Challenger thread and talk crap to them for buying the SLOW version of the HC platform because that is basically what you do when you come into every manual tread that isn't asking about which performs better and shit on the car and people that prefer a manual over an auto.

This is my last response to this pissing contest so I'll let you have the last word if you want it. But let the above sink in a little bit as that is exactly what some of you do on a regular basis. Quite honestly it pisses some of us off and I'm personally tired of listening to it without calling it out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
96 Posts
A muscle car with paddle shifters is the equivalent of Chuck Norris fighting while holding pom-poms in each hand. Sure they’re both badass and you wouldn’t want to mess with them however...both are still silly.

• Haha
Reactions: FullThrottle64

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,826 Posts
Got it. The only performance that matters in a car is it's 0-60 or 1/4 mile time. Your math is kind of shit, going off that premise 3 tens equals 92.3% (3.9 vs 3.6) 0-60 or only a 2 tenths difference of the time in the quarter (11.9 vs 11.7) or 98.3% of the performance of the FAR superior car. So your $80K should be more compared to $74,640 (0-60) $78,640 (quarter mile), but then that doesn't create such a wow factor now does it?

If performance is more important than looks or basically anything else? Why did you buy and are re-buying the slower version of the HC platform? The Challenger is slower than a charger in 0-60, quarter mile and top speed. But then if looks don't matter too, why not go with a Durango HC or Trackhawk as their 0-60 embarrasses us Challenger owners. If tenths of a second in a drag race matters so much why buy the slowest A8 version of the HC that is available? Maybe all the M6 owners should start going into every Challenger thread and talk crap to them for buying the SLOW version of the HC platform because that is basically what you do when you come into every manual tread that isn't asking about which performs better and shit on the car and people that prefer a manual over an auto.

This is my last response to this pissing contest so I'll let you have the last word if you want it. But let the above sink in a little bit as that is exactly what some of you do on a regular basis. Quite honestly it pisses some of us off and I'm personally tired of listening to it without calling it out.
I never talked crap to you or anyone else over this M6 issue. I simply stated fact. If facts hurt, then your insecurities are something you need to deal with. My $80,000 vs. $55,000 figure is simply a comparison between the M6 standard Hellcat vs. the price for a 6.4L 1320 A8. Performance wise, they are very similar for a massive price difference. The Hellcat is unique in that it is actively dragged down a weight class by that horrible Tremec M6 (not to mention that the A8 is just an absolute world class transmission). So, when you compare the two together, the A8 may be a minimal upcharge, but the performance difference between the HC A8 and M6 is almost as wide as the HC A8 vs. a RE A8. I would be singing an entirely different tune if the Tremec M6 was almost any other manual transmission. Heck, I'd even prefer the Mustang MT-82 100x over the Tremec. M6 drivers need a good transmission... period. The Tremec is not.

You're coming at this like I'm trying to insult M6 buyers. Nope. I'm insulting the Tremec M6. It is weak, prone to failure, uses bad clutches prone to clutch fade, shifts are imprecise and I'm not the first person to experience an unwanted skip shift in the middle of trying to actually race the damn car. If someone wants to buy a car with this clown car transmission, great. Have fun.

But -I- learned my lesson. And -I- don't do that anymore.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
508 Posts
I still dont understand the ones of you that do not want/care/like/possess/admire/etc the manual transmission yet come here to post in this thread, which is a member's simple wish for DODGE to sell MT hellcats in 2022!

You don't want one, don't buy one! Why does any and every MT topic have to be the manual vs auto argument!

I for one have an a8 and wish everyday that I had purchased a MT, because I miss the feeling and do support the motion for Dodge to make them available again. I dont give a crap if I am not the fastest guy on the road. @Xylander , you had a post some time ago that you must be the slowest hellcat on earth because you always follow the speed limit. So, why do you care if you have an A8 vs MT, or even better, why do you care if the other guy wants the MT?

What is everyone's problem with that? Just make your own decisions and let other make theirs!

And BTW, since when a 10.19 1/4 mile is a "dog"! Crazy times we are living in where up is down and west is east.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,826 Posts
@Xylander , you had a post some time ago that you must be the slowest hellcat on earth because you always follow the speed limit. So, why do you care if you have an A8 vs MT, or even better, why do you care if the other guy wants the MT?
I don't care what the other person drives. Hence why my posts generally say what my preferences are.

Said 10.19 1/4mi car is heavily modified. It would be a lot faster with an A8. My '55 Gasser runs 9s and it's a manual 3 speed, but it doesn't use that lousy Tremec.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
508 Posts
Said 10.19 1/4mi car is heavily modified. It would be a lot faster with an A8. My '55 Gasser runs 9s and it's a manual 3 speed, but it doesn't use that lousy Tremec.
Per the driver: STOCK: Tremec 6 speed, gears, 3.70 differential and half-shafts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hope those of you wanting 2022 & 2023 M6 can get them. I personally have my doubts they’ll actually produce anymore manual Hellcats. I’ve had 3 Tremecs and they all were great. But like any production car you can get a lemon transmission. The 6060 is a great tranny and there’s lots of happy Viper, ZL1, Corvette, Blackwing, and Challenger drivers on the road.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
508 Posts
even if he is not stock, there are tons of heavily modified auto drivers here that wont ever achieve that number. At the end of the day, the point is that manual can be fast and fun, provided the driver has the skill. And that's exactly what makes the manual pleasing, honing the skill and getting a little better every time. Anyone can put the car in "D" and hit the gas, or flap the PlayStation paddles to achieve the perfect downshift before the turn. I also don't know anyone who thinks tremec is garbage and have been in the car scene probably as long as you- we are both in our mid 40s. True, the game changes when you go 1000+whp or race for a living, but for the average car enthusiast and weekend racer this is more than adequate.

I got mine in A8 for two reasons: so that my wife could drive it too and because my tuner told me the manual would be a pain with the power mods I was planning to add. Well, almost 6 years later, my wife doesn't really drive it and I don't race it every week as I thought I would. Miss the manual, sucks to be me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
209 Posts
I really wish just one of these M6 threads didn't attract the trolls who turn it into a "My A8 is faster" sh*t show. If I wanted an A8, I could just as easily buy one, but what I like is to row my own gears. Praying that @DodgeCares announces that I can order an M6 Hellcat soon. Been waiting since July...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
632 Posts
I would be singing an entirely different tune if the Tremec M6 was almost any other manual transmission. Heck, I'd even prefer the Mustang MT-82 100x over the Tremec. M6 drivers need a good transmission... period. The Tremec is not.

You're coming at this like I'm trying to insult M6 buyers. Nope. I'm insulting the Tremec M6. It is weak, prone to failure, uses bad clutches prone to clutch fade, shifts are imprecise and I'm not the first person to experience an unwanted skip shift in the middle of trying to actually race the damn car. If someone wants to buy a car with this clown car transmission, great. Have fun.

But -I- learned my lesson. And -I- don't do that anymore.
Lol I'm not a drag racer just a guy that enjoys driving my manual Hellcat on an occasional road course open lapping day and on the street, but to say the MT82 is a better transmission than the TR-6060 in the Hellcat is laughable. I also own a Boss 302 with a Whipple that unfortunately still has the MT82. With a better clutch and some other fixes it has held up to my gentle use but I'm sure if I drag raced the car regularly with sticky tires the MT82 would grenade. Mustang guys swap to TR6060s all the time to rid themselves of the crappy MT82. We are all entitled to our opinions but I don't think yours is shared by the majority of Mustang owners. The gearing sucks in the M6 and I'm sure it has it's weak points but it's much better than any stock MT82 in my opinion.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,826 Posts
Lol I'm not a drag racer just a guy that enjoys driving my manual Hellcat on an occasional road course open lapping day and on the street, but to say the MT82 is a better transmission than the TR-6060 in the Hellcat is laughable. I also own a Boss 302 with a Whipple that unfortunately still has the MT82. With a better clutch and some other fixes it has held up to my gentle use but I'm sure if I drag raced the car regularly with sticky tires the MT82 would grenade. Mustang guys swap to TR6060s all the time to rid themselves of the crappy MT82. We are all entitled to our opinions but I don't think yours is shared by the majority of Mustang owners. The gearing sucks in the M6 and I'm sure it has it's weak points but it's much better than any stock MT82 in my opinion.
With a clutch replacement, I ran low 9s in my 1,024whp Mustang and drove it 38,000mi. The MT-82, 2nd gen (I.E., the ones they used in the 15+ models had reworked internals. It too had issues in that it tended to be a bit clunky from 2nd-3rd and from neutral into 1st (if it was hot). But it never once let me down the entire time I had it. I can't say the same for the Tremec 6060 that I had.

And, for the record, I never did a Tremec TR6060 swap in any of the 30+ Mustang builds my shop made. We replaced a lot of transmissions, but most of them were Tremec Magnum XL swaps. The prime reason we went that route was the 6060 has an integrated bell housing and we were generally making builds with too much horsepower to want to chance having a clutch plate fly through the floorboard. So, we generally used a Kevlar race grade bell housing for safety.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
96 Posts
Unfortunately the auto guys have taken over once again. Which with deductive reasoning we can conclude that they too are wondering when they will have the opportunity to purchase a new M6 Challenger Hellcat. Deep down inside they know that they made the wrong choice. Why else would they be in this thread? Case closed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If i wanted a faster car than your A8, i would get a POS flying turd Tesla.

Or a rifle. A rifle also goes much faster than an A8. Or a flashlight. A flashlight also goes a lot faster than an A8. Flashlight = your A8 sucks. Eat it.

The point is fun. I consider drag racing not fun. Having the most powerful possible beast of a car that only 1 of 20 people i know can drive at all (manual) sounds like something to wait for. If the end happens and M6 is not available, I will get a Jailbreak and make it fancy looking. Much better to have a hellcat than not to.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,764 Posts
Deep down inside they know that they made the wrong choice. Why else would they be in this thread? Case closed.
That’s laughable. I’d never buy an M6 but I like to be informed all things Hellcat. This is a public forum that a lot of people come here to learn from. People who think like that are pretty closed minded imo. I don’t have a Demon or a Scat Pack but I still like to learn about them and yes, I actually comment too, shoot me. I certainly don’t limit my conversations to topics that only relate to my A8 Redeye. There's zero way I’d ever want a M and deep down def didnt make the wrong choice, but I still like to learn the ins and outs of them. More information is better than less. Funny thing is I couldnt care any less if the A8 is faster. The days of rowing gears are just over for me. No desire to be sitting in traffic holding the clutch in light to light anymore.

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
99 Viper GTS Black on Connolly Cognac Stripe Delete 1OF77
52 Posts
That’s laughable. I’d never buy an M6 but I like to be informed all things Hellcat. This is a public forum that a lot of people come here to learn from. People who think like that are pretty closed minded imo. I don’t have a Demon or a Scat Pack but I still like to learn about them and yes, I actually comment too, shoot me. I certainly don’t limit my conversations to topics that only relate to my A8 Redeye. There's zero way I’d ever want a M and deep down def didnt make the wrong choice, but I still like to learn the ins and outs of them. More information is better than less. Funny thing is I couldnt care any less if the A8 is faster. The days of rowing gears are just over for me. No desire to be sitting in traffic holding the clutch in light to light anymore.
That’s why it’s so great that both are available.

if my pockets were deeper I’d absolutely have a charger Redeye or challenger SS along with the M6 Hellcat. Maybe even a Trackhawk or TRX.

I live in the mountains in NH where the roads are long, winding, hilly, and sparsely populated. It’s excellent Viper country and that’s why an M6 Hellcat will suit me so well personally.

However, if I were to visit family in and around Boston or just head into beantown for a Bruins game or Regina Pizza I’d hesitate to bring any manual transmission because it’s nothing but traffic there. I would happily cruise in there in an A8 Hellcat though.

If I lived in or around Boston still things would probably be different and I’d be looking at an A8 especially because I have the viper to scratch the shifting itch.

Also ATM, I’m on my yearly vacation to Mecum Kissimmee in FL, and if I lived down here, today I’d love to be driving a black charger Redeye Widebody with an A8 with my cooled seats on and sunroof open.

A manual trans is fun in the hilly/mountainous roads and for me it’s a must. I think where you’re located in this great country of ours can and should go a long way towards deciding the transmission you’d prefer.

What boggles my mind so much is why anyone would be so closed minded either way. AKA EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE AN M6 or EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE AN A8!!!! Just nonsense andlooks like someone is trying to radically justify their decision.

There isn’t a vehicle that Mopar has produced with a hellcat that isn’t fantastic and if you think otherwise you’re either tremendously spoiled or very delusional. I suspect the later.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts