SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Rob from "DodgeCares",

see what is happening here................Folks are very upset. They normally never act like this.
Stella can make all this better by building the MTHC. That would make EVERYBODY happy!!!

(At least an update :))

·
Registered
19 Posts
Clutch is over $2000 price from the dealer, hrb is another $300 I believe, and then at least $2,000 laborz
So what? My 2016 M6 has 190K miles with the original clutch. If you know how to drive them properly, a clutch lasts longer than an engine rebuild.

In any case, I'm going to hold out for a while and see if they put the M6HC back into production. I really don't have any desire for an automatic of any sort - the only gearboxes I'm interested in would be a full manual or a dual-clutch.

Meanwhile, Ford is saying that the next gen Mustang is still going to be available with the Coyote V8 and a manual. Not my preference, but if Dodge drops the manual and the 392, Ford's going to pick up a lot of buyers who want to take their last chance to have a real muscle car. Just my opinion....

·
Registered
2020 M6 HC
1,428 Posts
So what? My 2016 M6 has 190K miles with the original clutch. If you know how to drive them properly, a clutch lasts longer than an engine rebuild.
I have been driving manuals since 1972. I have replaced 1 clutch, that was in 1973 in my first car. That taught me to not slip the clutch unnecessarily. I sold my GTO at 127k with the original clutch. My Wrangler has about 135k with the original clutch. 99.99% of my driving is normal around town and the M6 makes it 10,000% more fun than a A8. Yes the A8 is faster, but this debate is getting outright pathetic. I am an old guy and I plan to keep the M6 until I can't walk to the garage!

BTW: I have a RE on order and hope to see it this spring! I have nothing against the A8, it unarguably has its purpose. I expect to get great joy from driving the RE, but I expect I will be putting more miles on the M6!

·
Registered
16 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
1,096 Posts
For the skip shift, either learn to drive the car to prevent it (it's actually simple to do) or spend $20 on a kit to eliminate it.

The auto is faster argument coming in 3......2.......1.......

Maybe one day we can have a manual thread without the same old constant BS dumped into it. Just maybe, one day some people will understand some people don't care about speed and care more about fun and the M6 is more fun for a certain type of person. Not everyone but their are still some of us old dinosaurs out their that prefer it. Cause if speed is all I cared about I WOULD NOT have bought a hellcat. Couple years ago we could brag but their are several cars out their faster than HC's for less money.
Agree, but unfortunately it will never happen :(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
508 Posts
Truth is that dodge is not the same since stellantis bought them - all part of the plan. Big displacement and manual transmission = freedom.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts