SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the fence about ordering a 2021 Charger Redeye or waiting until 2022. Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 21 and 22 models? Googled it but can’t find much.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,803 Posts
On the fence about ordering a 2021 Charger Redeye or waiting until 2022. Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 21 and 22 models? Googled it but can’t find much.
For now, price unless they extend the $6000 discount into 2022.

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
95 Posts
We won’t hear much on the differences of the 2022 model until we get closer to the end of the year. Usually towards fall, before the 2022 order banks open up is when we hear a lot of the details unless something major is changing in which Dodge usually has an announcement during the summer.

Rumors may start circling now as well if something major is also changing, but we are still ways off on getting real news.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,165 Posts
Electrification is definitely on the way, now whether it will start to appear in 2022 is unknown but it won't be long.

Not a full electric car, but ZF has already been working on an eTorque A8 which has a built in electric motor that will give the car an added boost of power for a short period of time so you could have a smaller more efficient gas engine but still have the same overall acceleration.

This looks to be where the future is going for Dodge, 700 and 800 hp engines will soon be gone and really no way around it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,708 Posts
Id order now and hope you get something. With the elecronics shortage issue shutting down factories, the Canal blocked, WTF knows whats going to happen to future production and plans .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I’m trying to find out is if features like uconnect 5, different interior and body features are in store for 2022? It’s already April damn near, so the 2022’s should start pretty soon.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,708 Posts
what Pedes-Nex said They are months away from announcing any of the 2022 stuff

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah will be a while pretty sure they have only been building 21’s since December, probably not gonna be any significant changes for 22 since that is suppose to be last year for this generation challenger/charger..

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
651 Posts
The only regret I would have in ordering the 2021 charger redeye is if in 2022 they make the redeye all wheel drive. That would almost certainly stop all these stupid YouTube videos about tire spin being a problem, which it is really not once you learn how to lean into the start off the line.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
The only regret I would have in ordering the 2021 charger redeye is if in 2022 they make the redeye all wheel drive. That would almost certainly stop all these stupid YouTube videos about tire spin being a problem, which it is really not once you learn how to lean into the start off the line.
Dont worry that’s not happening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I couldn't get financing for a 21' build because dealers wouldn't be able to sell me the car until arrival. I could order and put a DP but can't finance until the car is received, dies this sound right? I was also concerned about halting assembly and Automotive News just posted a statement that the Ontario Plant is halting production. Question I have is if they are building 21's in November when are they going to tool for 22'? Have they scraped the 22' design for an electric ECO or assist? I bought a 15' HC Charger in my build (they added sunroof which I didn't really want) only 22K miles and well cared for, bought from dealer day after they traded for new Grand Cherokee. Unreal luck as there are only 3 or 4 models that match options and color I want available in the country. Now I'm stuck between ordering a 22' Redeye or 23' problem is Weston at Stellantis is really pushing electric so I'm in fear of the 23' being a complete revamp electric. In addition the last year model they make a full combustion Anti-Tesla will be an iconic car, I believe the 15-22' lines will devlope it's own cult following in future generations like the B-Bodies of the early 70's.

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
95 Posts
I couldn't get financing for a 21' build because dealers wouldn't be able to sell me the car until arrival. I could order and put a DP but can't finance until the car is received, dies this sound right? I was also concerned about halting assembly and Automotive News just posted a statement that the Ontario Plant is halting production. Question I have is if they are building 21's in November when are they going to tool for 22'? Have they scraped the 22' design for an electric ECO or assist? I bought a 15' HC Charger in my build (they added sunroof which I didn't really want) only 22K miles and well cared for, bought from dealer day after they traded for new Grand Cherokee. Unreal luck as there are only 3 or 4 models that match options and color I want available in the country. Now I'm stuck between ordering a 22' Redeye or 23' problem is Weston at Stellantis is really pushing electric so I'm in fear of the 23' being a complete revamp electric. In addition the last year model they make a full combustion Anti-Tesla will be an iconic car, I believe the 15-22' lines will devlope it's own cult following in future generations like the B-Bodies of the early 70's.
Typically the switchover from the current year to the new year happens between August - November. Hard to say what their end date for the current year will be. You can still get orders in, hard to say when it will be built and available. I’d say you have better luck getting it in now than later.

The current rumor is that July 8th, we are to hear more about the future and what is going on at Dodge, maybe Stellantis.

When buying a vehicle, you won’t get financing until the vehicle is on the dealers lot if you are going through the Dealership. This is because there are additional factors of rebates, add ons, doc fees, and the like.

You can however get financing ahead of time through any bank or credit lending company. This is typically a better option as you can get lower rates than what dealership offers.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
^^^ pretty much spot on. They wont still be building ‘21’s in Nov.
And they can’t start a finance contract until the vehicle is actually on the lot and available for purchase.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
71 Posts
The French are involved. That’s not good.
Without a French gentleman/engineer the Chrysler as we know it would probably not be around. Look up Francois Castaing. Before LX there was LH which was based on the Renault derived Eagle Premier. When Brampton was built AMC was owned by Renault. Castaing stayed with Chrysler when it bought AMC/Jeep from Renault.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts