SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WIth 735 miles on the car, today I suddenly hear a ton of static and no longer any bass from the stereo. It happens on all channels am, fm, sirius and bluetooth. It sounds like there is one 1970's vintage dash speaker playing. In googling this problem it seems like it is a known problem with Rams and Challengers in the past. There was even a 2021 TSB # 08-078-21 but it refers to a specific 2021 time frame and specific VIN group that allow for a software update.

Does anyone have any experience with this on a 2022?

Here's the 2021 TSB:

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: HellcatHellYeah

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like it reset itself after a few hours in the garage. By coincidence while searching the interwebs I found a thread on a Dodge Ram site that talked about the exact same issue some guy had and it was after he used the remote start. Guess what I did this afternoon right before the problem started? Yeah, remote started it so my son could record the cold start sound byte.

Hmmm? :unsure: So from now on I will turn off the radio before I shut the car off. I am thinking that leaving it in the on position might glitch the amp system if the radio is on when you remote start the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
242 Posts
Looks like it reset itself after a few hours in the garage. By coincidence while searching the interwebs I found a thread on a Dodge Ram site that talked about the exact same issue some guy had and it was after he used the remote start. Guess what I did this afternoon right before the problem started? Yeah, remote started it so my son could record the cold start sound byte.

Hmmm? :unsure: So from now on I will turn off the radio before I shut the car off. I am thinking that leaving it in the on position might glitch the amp system if the radio is on when you remote start the car.
Turn off the radio? I did not know you could do such a thing with this radio. Push the volume dial and it silences the radio but when you shut the engine down and then restart it the radio comes on, at least on my Hellcat it does. If there is a way to shut the radio off please share the info. Thanks..

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just press the volume button and the entire screen shuts off. I found that out the first day I owned it and thought I broke it. LOL.

I thought it was really dumb engineering idea since it shuts down the display for everything available on the 8" screen system - AC, SRT pages, phone, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts