SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 months of waiting for my order to come in it’s finally here. Just picked it up 2 days ago. I’m looking for a good CAI. My two options are LMI and Bwoody. I’m still stuck and don’t know what to get. A friend told me the Bwoody sucks in more heat than the LMI. May someone be kind enough to give me some more information please so I know what to order.
THANK YOU!
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Cloud Sky

·
Registered
160 Posts
After 5 months of waiting for my order to come in it’s finally here. Just picked it up 2 days ago. I’m looking for a good CAI. My two options are LMI and Bwoody. I’m still stuck and don’t know what to get. A friend told me the Bwoody sucks in more heat than the LMI. May someone be kind enough to give me some more information please so I know what to order.
THANK YOU! View attachment 603416
UM what the heck do you own ? Ran a Corsa on my 21 Scat charger which has a diesel Donaldson filter..........

Most folks are clueless, diesel are AIR WIDE OPEN, just add fuel to go BTW.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I had the LMI on my 2017 and it looked pretty good but did pull in heat. I have the JLT on the 2020 WB because it came with it. the open filter on the top is directly under the heat extractor. If you drive your car in the rain you will need to put the cover they have on. I've had it on when I went out of town but never use it otherwise. It really makes the supercharger whine come to life.

It won't give you any more power but they do give you a lot more whine.

·
Vendor
29 Posts
Any air flow/dyno tests planned?
For mine yes I alway test but never released the information just to make sure there’s improvement/ and or no loss in proformance. These things are so differnt I’m up here in Denver if I say I seen a 20hp gain over stock it depends on the day we have da swings of 2000 every day if I tested stock first or my set ups. A dyno is a tool numbers don’t mean a whole lot…
Also dodge has designed there intakes for hood closed speed not open hood test. Still trying to get in with a wind tunnel dyno but until then….

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
104 Posts
I love my LMI. be sure to get the red eye version if you go that route as it's a tad longer and lines up better under the active hood scoop inlet or outlet whatever that is. it has no flat cover like the older ones so you must use the "protective" cover that slips over the filter. so far it's been fine, I don't think any water will get through that cover.... and man, it's loud for sure. I notice zero difference in my intake air temps too. I'm in florida so it's disgustingly hot all the time here and intake temps didn't change before or after, both were bad... hang on I think I have a pic of mine here. mine did rub a little against that bolt holder piece so i just wrapped it in a little piece of hydroturf so it doesn't scratch or damage the carbon fiber.

the existing air box was kind of a pain to get out, especially the tube that goes through the grill. mine broke trying to get it out, if I did it again, I would just leave that part in as its a separate piece. also, there is no way to get one of the connections onto the LMI without heating it up a little so be sure to do that. it has to stretch or it won't fit back in, not sure which one of the 2 connections that was, I think it was not the temp sensor but whatever that other one is.. just fyi

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 26 Posts