SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owning a '20 HC, I fully understand the gaps in security for these cars. Anyone with experience with a 2022 and an older model year able to speak about the effectiveness of the upgrades Dodge did to the security system? (Glass Break, Intrusion Alarm, Tilt Sensor) I remember someone (maybe Jimmy) had to figure out how to temporarily disable the intrusion alarm because he regularly would leave his dog in the car while running an errand.

I've got a '23 on order. My '20 has multiple layers of added security, short of a Ravelco or Compustar or IGLA. I still plan on doing Neutral Pull cover, kill switch, Key Hub lockdown, and independent GPS on the '23. Just wondering if the new Dodge security updates are up to snuff, and if a Compustar/IGLA are useless redundancy.

Haven't heard of '22s getting stolen, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we at least start hearing about more broken windows/pried sunroofs on those.

· Registered
175 Posts
I j
Owning a '20 HC, I fully understand the gaps in security for these cars. Anyone with experience with a 2022 and an older model year able to speak about the effectiveness of the upgrades Dodge did to the security system? (Glass Break, Intrusion Alarm, Tilt Sensor) I remember someone (maybe Jimmy) had to figure out how to temporarily disable the intrusion alarm because he regularly would leave his dog in the car while running an errand.

I've got a '23 on order. My '20 has multiple layers of added security, short of a Ravelco or Compustar or IGLA. I still plan on doing Neutral Pull cover, kill switch, Key Hub lockdown, and independent GPS on the '23. Just wondering if the new Dodge security updates are up to snuff, and if a Compustar/IGLA are useless redundancy.

Haven't heard of '22s getting stolen, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we at least start hearing about more broken windows/pried sunroofs on those.
I just ordered a ‘23 and I’m trying to figure out the best added layers of security as well. Here’s is what I have in mind for it so far: #1 it’s going to be in my garage, #2 I’m going to do the RF Hub Lockdown, #3 installing the IGLA, #4 Keys kept in a faraday box at the house, #5 Apple air tracker, #6 neutral pull tab blocking plate, and #7 ODB Port cover.

what I am unsure of, is if the thieves replace the RF Hub, is the IGLA still operational?

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how they would replace the RF hub without alarm going off. Also OBD port cover is pointless because they use the STAR connectors behind the glove box to program new keys.

Reactions: LaFlama1968

· Registered
175 Posts
Not sure how they would replace the RF hub without alarm going off. Also OBD port cover is pointless because they use the STAR connectors behind the glove box to program new keys.
As long as my iPhone sends me an alert, I have a .45 waiting. In Texas deadly force is legal in defense of property. Otherwise in another state I guess I’d have to use the Apple air tracking to track them down and call the police.

Does a gps jammer jam Apple air trackers?

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,326 Posts
Very interested. 23 Ghost on the way.
Get the Hub update before you pick your car up (covered under warranty) and verify that the valet mode works in the new Security Mode, do this before ever leaving the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get the Hub update before you pick your car up (covered under warranty) and verify that the valet mode works in the new Security Mode, do this before ever leaving the dealership.

I thought the updated Valet mode was discontinued due to problems they were seeing on installed vehicles. I'll definitely get the RF Hub key lockout before leaving the dealership though.

Reactions: LaFlama1968

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I just saw that starting tomorrow, Tazer has a firmware update for TRXs that enables a "PIN" sequence entry (it's actually button presses on the steering wheel) in order to drive the vehicle. Supposedly the firmware update will be available for the regular Tazer and not just the TRX Tazer DT. Anyone have any knowledge of this? Would be amazing to add another security layer via Tazer.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,326 Posts
I thought the updated Valet mode was discontinued due to problems they were seeing on installed vehicles. I'll definitely get the RF Hub key lockout before leaving the dealership though.
Discontinued as an Update, should come on your new car.

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Discontinued as an Update, should come on your new car.

Interesting. Haven't heard anyone talk about it on their '22s. I'm guessing if no one is talking about it on their new cars, it works as intended.

· Registered
198 Posts
My only thought coming from the IT space - never trust a software only solution. I would look to add something the prevents the car start on top of anything that dodge “updates.”

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,326 Posts
Interesting. Haven't heard anyone talk about it on their '22s. I'm guessing if no one is talking about it on their new cars, it works as intended.
Early on I was asking for new 2022 Owner's to respond if they had it or not, only a few responded but they seemed to have it. The car will only barely idle in this mode so if someone did steal it, they would be basically be limited to a fast idle speed.

· Registered
37 Posts

My '22 was stolen a month ago, only had it for 3 weeks and had not yet done the rf hub lockout. None of the "anti theft" measures like tilt sensor or intrusion alarm matter one bit. Same old story, break the glass and make a new key and drive off. They don't care that the alarm goes off for 30 seconds.

· Registered
Jailbreak delivered 11/9
198 Posts
Dang that’s Not good. I just took mine out today. Lunched at Whataburger so I could keep an eye on it.
You can’t even go into a restaurant without worrying about it. Gonna have to use a couple of boots if I leave it out at a hotel. Maybe hire a car bodyguard.
Sure do enjoy driving the Hellcat, sound great.
Hopefully you get a good car for a replacement.

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Early on I was asking for new 2022 Owner's to respond if they had it or not, only a few responded but they seemed to have it. The car will only barely idle in this mode so if someone did steal it, they would be basically be limited to a fast idle speed.

I understand what it's supposed to do. I just remember those receiving the update (not on a vehicle straight from the factory) having trouble throwing codes, etc. Surprised that new cars still get this feature if Dodge was seeing problems on other vehicles even though they were software updates.

Are you going to install the kill switch yourself or took it to a shop? When my 23 arrives its one of the 1st things I want to add
Doing it myself again. Plenty of info here and other forums.

My '22 was stolen a month ago, only had it for 3 weeks and had not yet done the rf hub lockout. None of the "anti theft" measures like tilt sensor or intrusion alarm matter one bit. Same old story, break the glass and make a new key and drive off. They don't care that the alarm goes off for 30 seconds.
That sucks - sorry to here it, but thanks for telling us. You getting back into one, or headed in another direction?

· Registered
198 Posts
They use BT, not GPS. Only effective if someone with an iPhone is within ~30ft. Could get lucky one of the thieves has an iPhone.
Correct. People are trying 600 things on the cars hoping that one of them will prevent a stolen vehicle...but so many of the "technology solutions" have workarounds. The only thing that keeps thieves from taking your car is time...they want to smash and grab. The more time you give them to plan (by parking outside or the same place every day) the easier it is to take. These individuals are generally not mechanics...they don't want to trouble shoot. If in a 2-3 minutes the tricks are not working, they will almost always move on. That's why vehicle immobility is often the best trick. If I need to lose something tike remote start, I am game. I cannot stress enough, these are people who spend their entire day, and all their ingenuity, finding ways around the technology...add time and reduce the "easy options" - inability to create keys, some kind of kill switch, if your parking outside consistently you will want a way to make access to the neutral release difficult (but they are getting smart and just brining lots of bit types). And as others have stated - get your CCW to protect yourself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts