SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so about 2 and a half weeks ago i placed an order for a 2022 widebody charger hellcat and the dealership said it was placed and didnt ask me for a deposit because "they know im gonna get it" this is my 4th car from that dealer but i keep asking for updates and they havent said nothing yet so i was wondering what is the wait time at ? Also they havent even shown me a order confirmation at all and ive asked twice..

·
Registered
2022 Challenger REWB in Sinamon
187 Posts
Is it a Red Eye? If so - Those are no longer able to be ordered until further notice - or probably 2023 or who really knows....
Unless its a Jailbreak. That's another story.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,553 Posts
Be patient. Ordering is a nightmare right now. Ask them for a VON. That usually comes very quickly if they were able to get the order in.

·
Registered
Smoke Show Challenger Jailbreak
515 Posts
Just FYI, my regular HCWB challenger took 6 months to be scheduled for production. Instead of emailing, call and at least ask for the VON and/or vin if available. I’d also ask for the order number (usually starts with HCxxxxxx) to be able to track the order online.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just FYI, my regular HCWB challenger took 6 months to be scheduled for production. Instead of emailing, call and at least ask for the VON and/or vin if available. I’d also ask for the order number (usually starts with HCxxxxxx) to be able to track the order online.
i keep asking and they never give me an answer they dont email me back but if its about something else they will email me back

·
Registered
2022 Challenger REWB in Sinamon
187 Posts
I ordered Apr 6th WB RE Charger received the von in a couple days, salesman call last week to say my order was cancelled..wtf!!
That's terrible - dealer should have know as it was in their ordering system that RE WB's were not able to be ordered although that may have been just around the time they were removed.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
OP, they don't have an order, they are trying to get one but it seems like Dodge isn't taking orders right now. If they get an order confirmation then they'll call and ask for deposit to "get the paperwork started". I have no special insight but, that's my guess.

·
Registered
Sold the 21 and have a new 22 on order
134 Posts
The entire system and procedure is out of sync. Most of us here who are in the process of buying are painfully aware of that fact. Some cars get cancelled for no apparent reason, some get "stuck" in status, only to magically appear at the dealer out of the blue. I have to echo the earlier comment relating to the cancelled order however. Once a VON is assigned, the car is supposed to be built. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories in the absence of facts, but if I were you Turbo, I'd be placing a call to the GM of that dealership.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i keep asking and they never give me an answer they dont email me back but if its about something else they will email me back
Either find another dealership (most of us would) or wait until November or December. When ‘23s are available to order. Make sure they order their First Hellcat allocation For you! I’d order a Redeye. It seems like most ‘22 Jailbreaks take too long for them to build.

·
Registered
Sold the 21 and have a new 22 on order
134 Posts
A few more tidbits. My car arrived last week, totally out of the blue. The Dodge website and the internal Stellantis shipping dealer application indicated a June 24th arrival date, but clearly that wasn't even close. The system is unreliable at best currently. There is nothing to be done but follow up and work the rather limited resources that exist for us.

My deal can be totally unwound if for any reason, I am dissatisfied with the car when I inspect it. I did place a deposit down on the car in March. The dealer has been very upfront with me (Cummins), but they're prepared to unwind my deal for one simple reason. They can sell that car right now for literally 1000's over my contracted price. I'm under no illusions here.

Having said that, they sent me a video yesterday with a full walk around and inside cabin perspective. The car looks perfect. I can't say enough about the high level of professionalism and transparency I've experienced with the various staff at Dan Cummins, starting with Jake and now with Joel. There have been no surprises and great continuity throughout the entire process thus far even with the departure of Jake.

There was a point where I honestly felt that I wouldn't get this car built, what with shut downs, shortages, and shifting production priorities/policies at Stellantis, but the car is there and I'm flying up to buy it on July 7th.

I think it's important to be pro-active. Call the dealer, speak to someone in authority if you're not satisfied with the level and quality of information you're receiving. Be polite. Also (and this was a key factor in getting my car built to my mind) CALL DODGE. Ask them for special handling status (yes it really does exist), indicate your frustration and concern in a polite, but firm manner. Get a name and note the time and date of the call and then follow up a few days later. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck to all .

·
Registered
251 Posts
A few more tidbits. My car arrived last week, totally out of the blue. The Dodge website and the internal Stellantis shipping dealer application indicated a June 24th arrival date, but clearly that wasn't even close. The system is unreliable at best currently. There is nothing to be done but follow up and work the rather limited resources that exist for us.

My deal can be totally unwound if for any reason, I am dissatisfied with the car when I inspect it. I did place a deposit down on the car in March. The dealer has been very upfront with me (Cummins), but they're prepared to unwind my deal for one simple reason. They can sell that car right now for literally 1000's over my contracted price. I'm under no illusions here.

Having said that, they sent me a video yesterday with a full walk around and inside cabin perspective. The car looks perfect. I can't say enough about the high level of professionalism and transparency I've experienced with the various staff at Dan Cummins, starting with Jake and now with Joel. There have been no surprises and great continuity throughout the entire process thus far even with the departure of Jake.

Good luck to all .
What was wrong with the car when you inspected it?

‘When my HC comes in, I’m gonna check it out big time. Maybe with a magnifying glass lol.

Also, I don’t think Dodge is taking anymore more HC ‘22 orders. Idk for sure though.

·
Registered
2016 Charger Hellcat 87 Buick GN
63 Posts
Either find another dealership (most of us would) or wait until November or December. When ‘23s are available to order. Make sure they order their First Hellcat allocation For you! I’d order a Redeye. It seems like most ‘22 Jailbreaks take too long for them to build.
The entire system and procedure is out of sync. Most of us here who are in the process of buying are painfully aware of that fact. Some cars get cancelled for no apparent reason, some get "stuck" in status, only to magically appear at the dealer out of the blue. I have to echo the earlier comment relating to the cancelled order however. Once a VON is assigned, the car is supposed to be built. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories in the absence of facts, but if I were you Turbo, I'd be placing a call to the GM of that dealership.
Thanks for pointing that out, if I see a 2022 hellcat widebody charger red-eye for 15 k over sticker on their lot that's a problem!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts