SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Smoke Show Challenger Jailbreak
514 Posts
A few more tidbits. My car arrived last week, totally out of the blue. The Dodge website and the internal Stellantis shipping dealer application indicated a June 24th arrival date, but clearly that wasn't even close. The system is unreliable at best currently. There is nothing to be done but follow up and work the rather limited resources that exist for us.

My deal can be totally unwound if for any reason, I am dissatisfied with the car when I inspect it. I did place a deposit down on the car in March. The dealer has been very upfront with me (Cummins), but they're prepared to unwind my deal for one simple reason. They can sell that car right now for literally 1000's over my contracted price. I'm under no illusions here.

Having said that, they sent me a video yesterday with a full walk around and inside cabin perspective. The car looks perfect. I can't say enough about the high level of professionalism and transparency I've experienced with the various staff at Dan Cummins, starting with Jake and now with Joel. There have been no surprises and great continuity throughout the entire process thus far even with the departure of Jake.

There was a point where I honestly felt that I wouldn't get this car built, what with shut downs, shortages, and shifting production priorities/policies at Stellantis, but the car is there and I'm flying up to buy it on July 7th.

I think it's important to be pro-active. Call the dealer, speak to someone in authority if you're not satisfied with the level and quality of information you're receiving. Be polite. Also (and this was a key factor in getting my car built to my mind) CALL DODGE. Ask them for special handling status (yes it really does exist), indicate your frustration and concern in a polite, but firm manner. Get a name and note the time and date of the call and then follow up a few days later. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck to all .
It seems cars tend to arrive about a week before the estimated date. Mine had an estimated arrival date of 6/26; It got delivered yesterday.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye
1,179 Posts
A few more tidbits. My car arrived last week, totally out of the blue. The Dodge website and the internal Stellantis shipping dealer application indicated a June 24th arrival date, but clearly that wasn't even close. The system is unreliable at best currently. There is nothing to be done but follow up and work the rather limited resources that exist for us.

My deal can be totally unwound if for any reason, I am dissatisfied with the car when I inspect it. I did place a deposit down on the car in March. The dealer has been very upfront with me (Cummins), but they're prepared to unwind my deal for one simple reason. They can sell that car right now for literally 1000's over my contracted price. I'm under no illusions here.

Having said that, they sent me a video yesterday with a full walk around and inside cabin perspective. The car looks perfect. I can't say enough about the high level of professionalism and transparency I've experienced with the various staff at Dan Cummins, starting with Jake and now with Joel. There have been no surprises and great continuity throughout the entire process thus far even with the departure of Jake.

There was a point where I honestly felt that I wouldn't get this car built, what with shut downs, shortages, and shifting production priorities/policies at Stellantis, but the car is there and I'm flying up to buy it on July 7th.

I think it's important to be pro-active. Call the dealer, speak to someone in authority if you're not satisfied with the level and quality of information you're receiving. Be polite. Also (and this was a key factor in getting my car built to my mind) CALL DODGE. Ask them for special handling status (yes it really does exist), indicate your frustration and concern in a polite, but firm manner. Get a name and note the time and date of the call and then follow up a few days later. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck to all .
My dealer got “muscles” when my Redeye arrived and was sitting on the ground in front of them and was told by the sales manager I can get 10+ over MSRP and threatened to unwind my deal.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
They sub-contract out the shipping so it's never going to be accurate unless the trucking company provides updated status.

GS, were you trying to negotiate the price down after delivery, or did they add a bunch of ADM's?

·
Registered
2022 Redeye
1,179 Posts
By rate assuming the finance rate?
Exactly I knew the buy rates and they were trying to contract me higher to max out the reserve and I wouldn’t sign. That’s when I heard the SM say he don’t have to buy it and I’ll sell it for 10k over sticker ( I was almost 7k off of MSRP with the 1k rebate). We settled at a local credit union and they got 2% flat on the back.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts