SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

2022 Widebody Hellcat Charger Redeye lowering springs recommendation

7284 Views 42 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  1SickVeilsideZ
Hey guys looking for some help on this topic.

I just got a 2022 Hellcat Charger Widebody Redeye!! I’m trying to get the right lowering springs but being a 2022 I can’t find any that fit . I wonder if any of you with 2022 can help.
Thank you!
Here’s a pic of my ride:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Anything will fit from 2015+, there snothing unqiue about it

Personally I like the looks of chargers on Challenger springs, brings the ass end down a bit more. My 2022 Hellcat is done that way

Reactions: snobrdrdan

· Registered
132 Posts
The coil overs for these cars, aren't true coil overs. Eibachs BARELY settle at all, out of the 3 cars I have done with eibachs, I've see no noticeable settle from the eye

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,235 Posts
Just keep in mind that in respect to the widebody, lowering springs can and absolutely will shorten the lifespan of your axle boots... by a lot. Then there's the fact that lowering a car that already has traction issues just makes it slower by reducing the car car's ability to transfer weight effectively.

I've always been of the mind that if someone wants to look cool, they should do mods like this on Scat Packs. There's just some serious performance degradations and dependability issues with dropping a widebody Hellcat. If you don't mind being slower and just want the look, go nuts.

· Banned
‘16 A8 Shaker
3,116 Posts
Just keep in mind that in respect to the widebody, lowering springs can and absolutely will shorten the lifespan of your axle boots... by a lot. Then there's the fact that lowering a car that already has traction issues just makes it slower by reducing the car car's ability to transfer weight effectively.

I've always been of the mind that if someone wants to look cool, they should do mods like this on Scat Packs. There's just some serious performance degradations and dependability issues with dropping a widebody Hellcat. If you don't mind being slower and just want the look, go nuts.
2021 drag pack stance:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

My slow ass scat packs stance:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

No, no one makes a actual coil over for the rear and yes these cars come w front struts from the factory but adjustability is key

Not for looks… to get the car set up for weight transfer and traction

Level hooks better than 70’s stink bug stance. Pro stock crew chief’s figured that out in the 70’s

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

· Banned
‘16 A8 Shaker
3,116 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
The 2021 red eye came from the factory with the perfect suspension and stance for 1 wife 1.8 kids and 200 lb of luggage

Surprised there was no option for a manual trans and a trailer hitch : )

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,235 Posts
2021 drag pack stance:

View attachment 592673

My slow ass scat packs stance:

View attachment 592674

No, no one makes a actual coil over for the rear and yes these cars come w front struts from the factory but adjustability is key

Not for looks… to get the car set up for weight transfer and traction

Level hooks better than 70’s stink bug stance. Pro stock crew chief’s figured that out in the 70’s

View attachment 592676 View attachment 592677 View attachment 592678
Yep, and none of those dragpaks and drag cars have lowering springs on them. I built drag chassis for a living for about 10 years of my adult life. In addition, the entire rear geometry is configured for the specific wheel and tires, thus allowing efficient power delivery and weight transfer. Adding lowering springs changes the axle's angle, which is what wears out the axle boots on the IRS. You can of course reconfigure all your lower geometry to match the new springs, but that's like a $6,000 job that nobody who price shops lowering springs is ever going to pay.

And, just because drag cars sit low doesn't mean the shocks don't have a LOT of travel... as you can see it trying to stick out of the rear fender on the last image. Street cars are not drag cars, no matter how much folks try to pretend otherwise. Lowering springs makes Hellcats slower.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts