SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2022 Widebody Hellcat Charger Redeye lowering springs recommendation

19K views 61 replies 22 participants last post by  1SickVeilsideZ 
#1 ·
Hey guys looking for some help on this topic.

I just got a 2022 Hellcat Charger Widebody Redeye!! I’m trying to get the right lowering springs but being a 2022 I can’t find any that fit . I wonder if any of you with 2022 can help.
Thank you!
Here’s a pic of my ride:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

See less See more
#31 ·
Car looks sick bro! How do find the ride quality on the eibachs? I just insralled on my redeye charger and the ride at higher speeds feels not good. Larger dips on hogway especially. Almost like the suspension is bottoming out? I dont wanna use the wrong words here i havent lowered a car in a while. Appreciate your info 🤟🏼

#14 ·
The coil overs for these cars, aren't true coil overs. Eibachs BARELY settle at all, out of the 3 cars I have done with eibachs, I've see no noticeable settle from the eye

#15 · (Edited)
Just keep in mind that in respect to the widebody, lowering springs can and absolutely will shorten the lifespan of your axle boots... by a lot. Then there's the fact that lowering a car that already has traction issues just makes it slower by reducing the car car's ability to transfer weight effectively.

I've always been of the mind that if someone wants to look cool, they should do mods like this on Scat Packs. There's just some serious performance degradations and dependability issues with dropping a widebody Hellcat. If you don't mind being slower and just want the look, go nuts.

#17 ·
2021 drag pack stance:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

My slow ass scat packs stance:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

No, no one makes a actual coil over for the rear and yes these cars come w front struts from the factory but adjustability is key

Not for looks… to get the car set up for weight transfer and traction

Level hooks better than 70’s stink bug stance. Pro stock crew chief’s figured that out in the 70’s

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

#25 ·
Never said you could have yer cake and eat it too ha

I’m from the south west… where drag racing was invented : )

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Besides… Around town my car rides/drives better with these than it did with the goodyears

*and when going to the mountains or desert we take the ole lady’s honda HRV

#26 ·
Anybody here in this thread has had their axle boot damaged after lowering? I ask because I have been reading (in this forum) many members complaining about damaged axle boots after lowering their car. I really would like to lower preferably on Mopar (less aggressive) however, I am still on the fence if to do it.

#36 ·
There's an old thread on here somewhere that spanned several years of people attempting different solutions (including fabricating custom components) to prevent axle boots from breaking after lowering these cars. last I looked at it there had still been no definitive solution found--the geometry of the stock suspension simply makes the axle boots not durable once lowered because of the angles.

#29 ·
Mine is making all sorts of noises : )

It had a lil (r to d, d to r) clunk after doing diff lockout cradle lock out and a diff brace but now that the driveshaft is aluminum (and fat) I hear everything lol. Like it’s making noise on decel (downshifts in sport). Talked to Jessie and to Billy at Gforce today and Jessie said it is prolly ok, his is loud as f too lol. Mine is 28.25” ground to all 4 fender but my car has 3580 m/t on the back and they are tall so it’s pretty low. It has adjustable spring perches so prolly raise it up .5-1” until I can afford the renegades. $1700 ouch. No summit race this weekend oh well : )

#30 ·
Oh I got sidetracked oops. Boots look fine. Car has been at this height for 2k miles now. Thing is, these cars come with a shit cv angle stock. 10 or 11°. Lower it and put slicks on it yeah, gonna wear the cv. One more reason I woulda cut everything behind trans out if I had half of the money most you guys have! Woulda done frame n cage n tub n 4 link n a real differential n some huge pro series mickies before they were discontinued

#33 ·
Hey man

Not on here much just seen this now. Again i could be using the wrong wording butit feels like suspension almost runs out of travel or stroke. Mainly latger dips in roads at high speeds. It enters the dip and feels like it run iut of travel shooting the car back up abruptly.

dont know what u mean by what iv seen with car in the air loaded

#34 ·
Hey man

Not on here much just seen this now. Again i could be using the wrong wording butit feels like suspension almost runs out of travel or stroke. Mainly latger dips in roads at high speeds. It enters the dip and feels like it run iut of travel shooting the car back up abruptly.

dont know what u mean by what iv seen with car in the air loaded
You did not "seen it" but you did "see it"!