SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
BMF
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Car Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
BMF
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys I am Super Duper with a Cherry on Top Brand Loyal to SRT.
Since 2009. I was driving home from Destin Florida on I 10 in my Demon cruising at 77 mph jamming to some Van Halen. I look in my rear view mirror and see something charging fast behind. I kinda always chuckle because everyone wants to test the Demon. Figured it was just another mullet ready to get slapped around. So here comes the car I still from the rear view mirror could not figure out what the heck it was? Then it gets closer. I am like what is it? So I slow down back to 55 mph. He is next me looking through his window at me. I see it’s some sort Camaro? To be honest I didn’t know anything about a ZL1. So I slap it in Track point my finger tell him to go. Boom we take off. Normally I pull away from Anything around the 80 mph mark roll racing on the Interstate. Well not this time. This guy was on my hip pocket like glue. I am like WTF!! Now we are getting to 100 mph and he is still on my damn door. 125 mph I am a fender ahead then traffic slows down. He waves with a smile thumbs up and falls back in line and disappears. So I get home fly inside go to Chevy website. I look up Performance Camaro. Then I see what was next to me a ZL1. I was like this ZL1 is BMF. Well here we are 2022 now I own one lol it shares the garage with the Demon.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,542 Posts
Definitely a great car.

R.K.
Very underappreciated. Camaro sales suck. I hate it though because so many people don't know what they're missing. Just glad I got one before they're gone.

·
BMF
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Black they are Extremely hard to find.
Dealers asking 15k over MSRP for Allocation with no guarantee to get.
Lots of guys waiting over 12 months
2023 price increases 4K as you said earlier.

·
Registered
21 Camaro ZL1
1,171 Posts
Got me a 21 ZL1 as well. They are awesome machines. Down a bit on power from the Hellcat but they make it up with lower weight. And ofcourse they handle 10x better than any hellcat.

I have mods coming for mine, and it should make 700 to the tire. It will be a force thats for sure.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
706 Posts
Congratulations on your ZL1! They are Great Performance machines and are easy on the eyes too!

Chances are that the one that you messed with a ZL1 that wasn't stock though. That would be my guess because Chevy's are more mod friendly than Dodge's are (cheaper and make more power per dollar than Dodges do).

I have a friend that has a 2018 ZL1 with the 10 speed and he makes a bit over 925 to the ground (Big Whipple and some other stuff) and his car ROLLS!!!! They are Certainly some Impressive cars!

·
BMF
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VR these things Haul Azz as is. They are almost 1000 lbs lighter
I weighed mine at the truck weight station on I 10.
Mine put down 565 rwhp on the drums in Alabama.

Reactions: Chancey and FreddyG

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,542 Posts
Got me a 21 ZL1 as well. They are awesome machines. Down a bit on power from the Hellcat but they make it up with lower weight. And ofcourse they handle 10x better than any hellcat.

I have mods coming for mine, and it should make 700 to the tire. It will be a force thats for sure.
That's what mine makes, 697whp after mods on 93 octane. I could have gone further but it would have been pointless on street tires and I don't want to run drag radials daily.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,542 Posts
Still like trying to look out the rear window of a nuclear submarine trying to look out the rear window in a Camaro smh
Not at all, since 2019, they have a rearview camera. No issues at all, as good or better rear visibility than a Hellcat, before 2019, I would agree with you.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,542 Posts
Yep. I have 5% tints on mine but with the rear view camera it’s like I have no tints. View attachment 600482
The camera is so clear I can see people behind me at night at a red light picking their nose. Can't do that with a standard mirror.

Rearview camera and HUD should be standard on all vehicles.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobo
1 - 20 of 226 Posts