SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,532 Posts
Im that size and I thought I fit perfectly in it.
Might depend on your proportions. I have a bodybuilder build so I'm a little wider than most people my height and weight.

·
Registered
21 Camaro ZL1
1,167 Posts
Me too. Same with the ones in the GT350. Unless you are 180lbs wet, they are tight as hell. The ZL1 recaros are snug but Im also 6'1 260. So thats saying something. For most they are great and supportive.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,532 Posts
Has anyone sat in the 2020+ GT500 Recaros and the ZL1 Recaros? Which one’s are more snug?
I have sat in both, the ZL1's fit better for me. The GT500 Recaro's are VERY tight unless you're under 200lbs. So I guess the answer is the GT500 is more snug but I found them to be VERY uncomfortable for my build.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
66 Posts
Today pulled the trigger on ordering a 2023 zl1 from Dan Cummings.

Great guys to work with just like the Dodge dealership.

Options are very minimal:

-Track package
-6 speed
-Red tint coat metallic

I still have the Z28 I bought new as a teenager so ill be happy to park this on one side of it. Redeye Cat on the other.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,532 Posts

-Track package
-6 speed
-Red tint coat metallic

I still have the Z28 I bought new as a teenager so ill be happy to park this on one side of it. Redeye Cat on the other.
The 1LE has a brutal ride so keep that in mind. Lots of people buy them and don't realize how rough the ride is so they don't drive them and sell them within a year with almost no miles on them. the 1LE track package is made for the track so if you intend to use it for that, you will love it, but its not very forgiving for driving on the street. The standard ZL1 rides considerably rougher than a Hellcat but at least the suspension is adjustable. The 1LE is not adjustable and 3x stiffer than the standard ZL1. Lots of people buy the 1LE package for the looks but end up regretting the ride.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 1LE has a brutal ride so keep that in mind. Lots of people buy them and don't realize how rough the ride is so they don't drive them and sell them within a year with almost no miles on them. the 1LE track package is made for the track so if you intend to use it for that, you will love it, but its not very forgiving for driving on the street. The standard ZL1 rides considerably rougher than a Hellcat but at least the suspension is adjustable. The 1LE is not adjustable and 3x stiffer than the standard ZL1. Lots of people buy the 1LE package for the looks but end up regretting the ride.
Exactly the setup im looking for.

Hopefully it will be used some on the street but also frequently on VIR and Road Atlanta.

My current Z28 is used exclusively on the track and although it is caged with a six point harness setup im still skeptical of its crash saftey. The ZL1 should be much safer and a little faster without the cumbersome harnesses and cage.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
452 Posts

-Track package
-6 speed
-Red tint coat metallic

Congrats bud enjoy the Z when you get it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
425 Posts
Do you know how the Z06 rides compared to the 1LE ?

I would assume it's stiff and "uncomfortable" on the street compared to the ZL1 ( non-1LE) but has anyone compared the two?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,795 Posts

-Track package
-6 speed
-Red tint coat metallic

They give you msrp?

101 - 120 of 226 Posts