SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 226 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,075 Posts
So there was a black 2020 at the auction last week. 20k miles, looked fairly clean. High bid was 38k, selling dealer passed. I thought it would bring more. In today's market I was surprised. Is there no demand for these? I’m watching Hellcats bring a lot more.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,664 Posts
So there was a black 2020 at the auction last week. 20k miles, looked fairly clean. High bid was 38k, selling dealer passed. I thought it would bring more. In today's market I was surprised. Is there no demand for these? I’m watching Hellcats bring a lot more.
I know looks are subjective, but a lot of people really don't like the Camaro's styling. ZL1 or otherwise. Their desirability rating is exceedingly low. It's very similar to the C4 Corvettes. They have a particularly unattractive design that only has a niche following. Aside from the ZL1, they're wholly unremarkable. And yes, I still don't like the ass end of my C8 as it is just a smooshed Camaro rear end.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,532 Posts
Do you know how the Z06 rides compared to the 1LE ?

I would assume it's stiff and "uncomfortable" on the street compared to the ZL1 ( non-1LE) but has anyone compared the two?
The Z06 doesn't ride any rougher than the standard ZL1. It has adjustable suspension also.

Reactions: White Trash

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,532 Posts
I see myself getting a ZL1 ( non 1LE ) but the Z06 is calling my name also
They both nice but there have been a lot of people sell their Z06 for the ZL1. They are almost identical in performance even though the Z06 weighs 300lbs less, the ZL1 is more efficient with its 10 speed auto vs the 8 speed auto in the Z06. If you're buying a manual though, the Z06 is probably slightly quicker due to the weight advantage.

Reactions: White Trash

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,532 Posts
A ZL1? That sounds like SS auction pricing. Something would have had to been wrong with that car. Trade in value for those cars is in the 70k range right now. I bought my 2021 in late 2020 for 69K, and its trade in value is 75-78K right now.

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
512 Posts
Today pulled the trigger on ordering a 2023 zl1 from Dan Cummings.

Great guys to work with just like the Dodge dealership.

Options are very minimal:

-Track package
-6 speed
-Red tint coat metallic

I still have the Z28 I bought new as a teenager so ill be happy to park this on one side of it. Redeye Cat on the other.
Love that color! That’s awesome.
If you don’t mind me asking, what year is your Z28??

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,075 Posts
A ZL1? That sounds like SS auction pricing. Something would have had to been wrong with that car. Trade in value for those cars is in the 70k range right now. I bought my 2021 in late 2020 for 69K, and its trade in value is 75-78K right now.
It was a ZL1. I looked multiple times because it seemed so cheap lol. The seller passed though. It did not sell. Car was green lit which means no major mechanical defects. Looked to be in nice shape. No one even seemed remotely interested in the car. Maybe mo one knew what it was. They are sort of plain looking.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
425 Posts
thanks guys, really cool.
I need an auto because i'm getting older and having issues with my feet. I've been looking around on the chevy forums for a ZL1 A10 for sale. and/or a nice Z06.
that new 2023 Z06 seems bad ass, think they made changes.

·
Registered
21 Camaro ZL1
1,167 Posts
thanks guys, really cool.
I need an auto because i'm getting older and having issues with my feet. I've been looking around on the chevy forums for a ZL1 A10 for sale. and/or a nice Z06.
that new 2023 Z06 seems bad ass, think they made changes.
I’d sell you mine. It’s a 21 ZL1 a10 moonroof car. Perfect and 3200 miles. Located in FL. I’d be firm on $73k. And it’s going to Powertech performance on the 6th for $8k in performance work. So if you want it let me know. It’s Shock color.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,148 Posts
Do you know how the Z06 rides compared to the 1LE ?

I would assume it's stiff and "uncomfortable" on the street compared to the ZL1 ( non-1LE) but has anyone compared the two?
Z06 is a way nicer ride than the 1LE

ZL1 1LE suspension is hard mounted to the body. Unless you are on glass smooth road, youre going to take a pounding.

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
512 Posts
Sweet! Those make good drag/track cars
I grew up in the 70/80s and actually my favorite body style is the 2nd gen, 1980 Z28 with 4sp an T-tops to be exact! I've had about ten 2nd gen Camaros and one 78' gold special edition Trans Am over the years and will get another one some day that is a keeper to pass down. Although the prices are climbing for really nice ones.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
425 Posts
I'm getting a Z06 or a ZL1 for sure, maybe I should drive them both and see if it's way more difficult to get into and out of the Z06. my body is over worked.
and how the Z06 isn't going to rattle my teeth compared to the non 1LE Camaro, or if there isn't much difference.

121 - 140 of 226 Posts