SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2023 Challenger Hellcat Redeye to be 909 HP !!!!

20K views 105 replies 54 participants last post by  Gotgap 
#1 ·

#4 ·
I just bought a new 2022 thinking that 2023s will be hard to come by, so I am on the fence about this. At the moment, I kind of hope it is not true for selfish reasons. I can't go through wanting and getting another upgrade.

That being said, I do not see this happening. Dodge cannot keep up with 2022 demand. They designed and advertised the stage upgrade kits. Those still are not available for sale. They re-advertised the hellephant engine. Direct Connection told me on the phone (when I was added to the wait list) that they never expect those to be built. Dodge has been riding the wave of the Demon R&D since 2018. I do not see how or why they would E85 the car for one last hurrah and break their promises to all the Demon guys.

Reactions: Fireman53d
#6 · (Edited)
Dodge never promised to not go beyond the power output of the Demon. It's like the 1976 Cadillac convertible buyers who were thought since GM was not going to build a convertible after that model year, that their cars would be the ultimate collectible forever. So they bought them all up thinking they'd be worth bazillions of dollars in the future.

Well, a decade or so later when GM started building ragtops again, several Cadillackers filed lawsuits against GM for violating the alleged "last convertible ever, forever" statement. As predicted, they were laughed out of court.

Same deal here.

That's the way carmakers work. They add something slightly newer, bigger, better, or more horsepowery, so you're interested in trading/selling this year's car you just bought, for a chance to get next year's car which has some more horses or a new color, or even worse tire selections. 🤪

#8 ·
It would likely be E85 capable like the race gas tune on the Demons. They are not going to make an E85 car only. The question is, will it just be software and an easy upgrade for everyone else. Probably not; imagine the claimed 909 would require more injector.

#9 ·
I would say it’s plausible. And if so, these things will be HARD to get. And mark ups galore!! If it’s an awesome car you bet I’ll be searching for an MSRP deal and place an order if I can!

I'd sell the JB if the 2023 ever hits D1. This is all like a 5% chance with everything that needs to happen.......................... I can try though.

#11 ·
Man, I can't help but feel like their "going out with a bang" is a bit of a letdown if that's to imply that the big unveiling is that there's a potential for a 100 HP (or so) jump on E85 fuel, etc...I would think "most" drivers couldn't really be bothered with it?

I kinda just want to fill up with regular 91-93 gas to sidestep the potential issues related to using E85. Are there any long-term issues related to E85 usage?

#14 ·
Man, I can't help but feel like their "going out with a bang" is a bit of a letdown if that's to imply that the big unveiling is that there's a potential for a 100 HP (or so) jump on E85 fuel, etc...I would think "most" drivers couldn't really be bothered with it?

I kinda just want to fill up with regular 91-93 gas to sidestep the potential issues related to using E85. Are there any long-term issues related to E85 usage?
As far as I'm aware there's no real long term issues if you have a specific tune to E85. I do know it is more corrosive to internal components that are not designed for it, but I would guarantee that the internals for an E85 factory car would be to spec.

Only real negative is that E85 attracts water/moisture so it is dangerous to leave E85 in the tank for long periods of time. I would guarantee for this reason it would be flexible between standard premium gas and E85 otherwise you are going to run into problems storing your car for winter, etc with 85 sitting in it.

As for disappointment, I feel like there's not much more they can do. Emission BS is likely limiting what is possible nowadays, as the hellcat in its standard form is already on the cusp of breaking regulations.

#22 · (Edited)
Jebus f*cking Christmas, just stop.

Some of you guys have some really weird hang-ups and are rife with speculative knowledge and blatant misinformation, about these cars, the industry, and how modern hot rodding works. The E85 tuning is easy and affordable for the OEM. Do you really think this is their first rodeo or this hasn't been examined before? The Demon doesn't care what the chemical make up of it's "100 octane" is, it could be oxygenated E30 so long as it doesn't knock or trip a fuel trim code, it won't blink. That is for a passive system (aka, the HO button). A native flex fuel sensor will work better and eliminate much of the thinking for the owners as it will switch smoothly between timing and fuel maps as needed.

It will not emit more on E85, so getting it past the sniffer is fine.

The Demon owners can go pound sand. Dodge won't release another bespoke drag car, of which only 17 legit Demons were ordered. That ship has sailed. Move on with your lives.

What this will be, if true, is a final hurrah. A cool collectable unobtainium vehicle that will carry the engine and platform into the sunset. It will take priority on the assembly line and those orders filled over, the now more, pedestrian models. Call it Angel, Ghoul, or Rainbow Ice Cream Crapping Unicorn - it is irrelevant. If they build 5 or 500 Dodge will make bank.

#71 ·
Jebus f*cking Christmas, just stop.

Some of you guys have some really weird hang-ups and are rife with speculative knowledge and blatant misinformation, about these cars, the industry, and how modern hot rodding works. The E85 tuning is easy and affordable for the OEM. Do you really think this is their first rodeo or this hasn't been examined before? The Demon doesn't care what the chemical make up of it's "100 octane" is, it could be oxygenated E30 so long as it doesn't knock or trip a fuel trim code, it won't blink. That is for a passive system (aka, the HO button). A native flex fuel sensor will work better and eliminate much of the thinking for the owners as it will switch smoothly between timing and fuel maps as needed.

It will not emit more on E85, so getting it past the sniffer is fine.

The Demon owners can go pound sand. Dodge won't release another bespoke drag car, of which only 17 legit Demons were ordered. That ship has sailed. Move on with your lives.

What this will be, if true, is a final hurrah. A cool collectable unobtainium vehicle that will carry the engine and platform into the sunset. It will take priority on the assembly line and those orders filled over, the now more, pedestrian models. Call it Angel, Ghoul, or Rainbow Ice Cream Crapping Unicorn - it is irrelevant. If they build 5 or 500 Dodge will make bank.
Who put a twist in your panties?

#23 ·
Will it be a Demon killer? I dunno - will it be a drag racing focused car or something different? If it is drag race focuses car - then yes, will hurt Demon value. If they make it a different focus (road racing, etc ). Then it will be required to have both a Demon and this new thing. :)

D.

#25 ·
Will it be a Demon killer? I dunno - will it be a drag racing focused car or something different? If it is drag race focuses car - then yes, will hurt Demon value. If they make it a different focus (road racing, etc ). Then it will be required to have both a Demon and this new thing. :)

D.
I think everyone can pretty much forget about Dodge making a road race car out of a challenger or chager. I'm thinking they will wanna make something more powerful than the Demon, but less "prestigious".

#26 ·
Its Flipping Time.
I already started my process lining up Dealers.
If this does happen. I will have 4-5 Allocations
Just like the Demons days.
Flipping Vons !

Reactions: 2fast4u and OKSS
#28 ·
I had 5 Demons.
I flipped 4 for 15-25K each.
I kept the Plum Crazy for myself.
If just takes a solid Network of Dealerships..

Reactions: 2fast4u
#31 ·
Expect these “$pecial Edition$” will be sold at “Market Price”. This is part of the continued effort to milk the last $ out of a cash cow before it is gone. If it competes with a Demon, it will be priced like a Demon (current value).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.