SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
2016 Challenger HC M6; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT; 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
The guys with a actual 300C on order......are you paying MSRP or ADM's on them? (just curious)

Because the deposit got you a reservation, but then it was up to you to figure out the final price with the dealer.
MSRP- Same deal they gave me on my Rubicon 392. I never pay MSRP, but on limited run, hard to get units like these, I can stomach it. I obviously don鈥檛 think any investment is a sure thing, but this is one I鈥檓 willing to take a chance on because worst case I just keep it. 馃槈

Registered
2016 Challenger HC M6; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT; 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
It's a long production year, when decide it's time to start the process to schedule your build, you'll get a VIN.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This is not accurate. This 300C is the 3rd Stellantis vehicle I have ordered in the past year and trust me, the VIN comes WAY before the vehicle is scheduled to be built. Like I said above, I ordered my 300C on the same day and I've had my VIN for weeks. There is no chance my car is being scheduled to be built already.

Registered
"I ordered mine on October 21st and still do not have a VIN. "

Just curious how that is possible, they sold out in the first 12 hours when they were revealed back in mid September? Did someone back out?
If you got your pre-order in during those 12 hours, your spot in line was held until you were able to submit your deposit. That process was driven by Chrysler and it took them weeks to get through to everyone and finally collect all of the deposits. I know this because I was one of those people who it took them weeks to finally contact. The first phone call I received sounded so shady that I actually hung up on them! They asked for my credit card info for the deposit and it just sounded very off and I got spooked. They eventually sent me e-mails and called me back and I finally submitted the deposit through the system on October 21, but I put in my original pre-order in the first few minutes of the system coming online.

I received this e-mail on September 19th:
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Due to the overwhelming interest in the limited-edition Chrysler 300C, it is taking the concierge team longer than expected to contact interested customers. Please rest assured that your place is being held in line. If you would like, you can contact our concierge team at 1-8444-RES-300C or 1-844-737-3002.
CHRYSLER 鈥 Discover More >>>.

Registered
Yeah I remember that delay and email too, just not that long for me. It was a bit of a fiasco for me too, they never contacted me, so called my dealer and inquired who then contacted them, and they claimed they did call me and left me a message, but I had no voicemails or missed calls. So they gave me a direct number to call them back and got it straightened out.
At least we both ended up keeping our place in line! I'm pretty psyched about having one of a limited run of a car that I have always liked but never owned. I have several "SRT" vehicles and recently rented a 300S 5.7v8 and was very impressed with the car's overall quality and ride/handling, so I am excited to see how the 392 feels in that car. My only other 392s right now are both Jeeps (Rubicon and Grand Cherokee SRT), so I have no idea what a rear wheel drive 392 feels like! The Hellcat is an animal, plus it's a manual trans, so this will be a nice middle ground for me, I think. The 300C is also a much "classier" car than the "hot rods" that I currently own.

Registered
Automobile is a mass-produced industrial consumable product, no matter how a seller/manufacturer hypes it, they rarely (or even technically speaking, impossible) to be "collectible".

Exactly how long have you been on earth? Your statement is demonstrably false and there are endless examples to prove it.

Impossible for an automobile to be "collectible?" Really? Did you actually say that on one of the thousands of web forums dedicated to the automotive hobby that likely has hundreds of members, many of which currently own automobile COLLECTIONS, which include cars that have absolutely increased in value since they were sold new?

The only thing that is "impossible" in this thread is fully explaining how wrong you are. :LOL:

Registered
A specific other person willing to pay you a certain amount of money to buy something from you, it does not necessarily mean that "thing" has increased value because there maybe not a majority of members in the society recognize that amount to be reasonable.

Take the 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO which was sold for $70M in 2018 as example, assume you own that car and you want cash, is it guaranteed that you bring the car to the bank, and they will be OK to take your car and give $70M to you? I highly doubt that. So that claimed $70M is not 100% guaranteed. How come you consider something not guaranteed and even may not work to be its real value?

We can look from another perspective: suppose I buy a $1 pencil from Walmart, and I sell it to my son for $1,000, and then my son sell it back to me for $1,000. Then we have 2 transactions for this pencil with deal price of $1,000. Do you think the pencil's value has appreciated to $1,000?

Same reason for cars. Car collection is highly illiquid and individual specific/restricted (relatively high cost and special circumstance to match mutually agreed buyer), which indicates high liquidity risk and its real value is always discounted by the corresponding risk factor, and the risk factor fluctuates wildly because it is not backed by any credible government entity.

Gold, cash, (mostly) real estate value have real meaning and stable because they are publicly accepted by everyone in the world and backed by the government. Especially for US dollar, due the US government's power, it has extremely low liquidity risk, so discount factor = 1, which means real value = face value.
TL: DR

You鈥檝e made it clear that you truly have no idea what you鈥檙e talking about. More words won鈥檛 help your position. In fact, the extra words are just hurting you at this point.

Registered
Did you even take high school level economics?
To your point, if he's as old as he projects himself to be, he hasn't yet made it to high school. And judging by his largely incoherent ramblings and lack of proper punctuation, let's all pray that he hasn't actually graduated from any high school - at least not one in an English speaking country.

Registered
Anyone else thinking they are making more than 2000? It just crossed my mind because I inquired with my dealer, who is fairly small, said they sold 3 of them. Just curious.
No. They would have a legal battle on their hands if they did.

Registered
GM, can you please send me the link to the website when you have a chance? I already have my VIN; but it would be nice to keep track of everything.
Thanks in advance and have a great day!
I don't know who "GM" is, but here's the link.

Registered
For those still want the 2023 300C - if you search on cargurus website, you will see there are some dealers selling their allocation (looks like some buyers backed out, or the dealership has some ways to snag the allocation).

I believe as time goes by, more buyers may back out. In fact for myself, I am also thinking of that since I am seriously debating between the 300c and the DDHC at this moment. Even for DDHC, I have asked around, some dealers (those listed in the dodge garage site) told me they still have allocation available so I can come in to place the order any time I want.
What鈥檚 鈥淒DHC鈥?

Registered
I went with black, just thought it was appropriate for the type of car.
I went with white for the exact opposite reason. (The fact that black seems more "apprropriate" makes me think mine will be less common and therefore, more desirable.)

Also, every other vehicle I own is white except for my 1969 Barracuda.

Registered
For what it's worth, my Vin is PH501314, so it seems to be following the same convention. My order was confirmed a little later (October 18) because I had trouble connecting with Chrysler when they first called to confirm the order (I thought it was a spam call and they didn't leave messages, so I was a week or so late). Fortunately, they didn't give my spot to someone else!

Registered
I submitted the reservation online 5 minutes after the revealing (3:05pm PST), dealership contacted me and finalized ordering the same day. I got the VIN ends in 500123. Not sure my place in the queue though.
Yeah, I submitted the online reservation right away as well, but I got an e-mail from the Chrysler Concierge saying that they were taking longer than they expected to connect with everyone. And, since I sort of snubbed the concierge when the finally did reach out to me, it took longer to finalize mine. 0123 is pretty darn early! Nice! Of course, I would rather have number 2200. :)

Registered
Agreed. Give then time to figure it out, and make adjustments on the line.
Although, this car is such a carryover from 2022, I suspect there won't be many adjustments that are necessary. I do like that my car will be built around the middle of the production, honestly. That way if there are any "shake downs" and adjustments that need to happen, they'll definitely be good by then AND it's early enough to not run into any potential component supply issues... hopefully.

Registered
I dont think so. I think it could be easy also to give the 300C the first 2200 VIN's because it was the first available car to order out of the 300s, Chargers, and Challengers?
This makes logical sense. Now, if only Stellantis did things that made logical sense, we would have the answer! The mere fact that these cars, Hellcats, and TRX trucks exist is proof that Stellantis does not only do such things... :LOL:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts