SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2023 DDHC's

11297 175
I'd love for some "journalist" or influencer to have the guts to ask somebody at Dodge about their "The evap in the emissions system prevents the DDHC from meeting CAFE standards in 2022 and beyond so we simply can't build it beyond 2021" baloney.

I always thought it was bullshit and that if COVID delays pushed back the orders into MY22, they'd have finished them as 22 vehicles if needed.

Anyway, am I the only one that thinks that while they underestimated initial demand (probably by half), the existing demand for a 2023 Durango Hellcat isn't very high?

It certainly seems to be the case from what we've seen discussed earlier about the auction results. My guess is they probably sell half as many 23's as 21's, I'm guessing maybe another 1,500 orders.

I don't think they've released colors, but outside of that, there doesn't seem to be any changes except they've added two packages which means unless you get a special order, you're paying for options you didn't want.

I guess I'd be pissed if I paid over MSRP and as an investment. I didn't do either, so I'm only mildly annoyed that my DDHC isn't worth as much today as it was 2 months ago. But then again, it was worth even more 8 months when people were still buying them well over MSRP.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
He paid lip service to 'the engineers figuring out how to do it'. Only someone on the inside would know whether there was any actual engineering innovation or just marketing. I for one hope engineers did find a novel way to make it all work, that's a better story!

There are definitely some of us who went with a 2wd HC because DDHC and Trackhawks were not in the '4% under invoice' deals or just flat out not available. Some of us want AWD but not at 10-30k ADM or used that are even higher. Given the situation now, if the MSRP base stays around the $80k it was, there will be demand. I wonder what the base MSRP will be however...

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,317 Posts
So according to White Trash they will be Redeyes. Maybe that's how they're getting around the one year only thing and would certainly up the ante. Although why wouldnt that have been mentioned in the press...
friggn WT

Reactions: DangCat

·
Registered
Which one?
498 Posts
While watching the unveiling, I thought it would be a Redeye Durango, which would be awesome but I don't think that was ever mentioned. He said "you all know the stories you heard about emissions compliance, blah blah blah, it is not detuned. Still 710 hp, 645lb ft. tq." I would guess Direct Connection parts will be available for it.

The 1 year only thing was a fib.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
The Durango will be a good seller for Dodge

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
Bold is not Yelling.
It’s just my watermark for White Trash.
I tell it like it is with a Cherry on Top.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
158 Posts
The only way I am in is if ‘23 is a redeye, otherwise I am happy with my HC and don’t see any reason to change. However, I will get a PCP R/T or SRT for Mrs. Dangcat. Not that fake violet crap.

I am willing to speculate pricing on a Redeye will be $96k Base MSRP(solely because the charger HC to RE is $8k and Durangos have always been slightly higher) and the ‘21 was $86k right?

Optioned to $105k will be common.

Fully optimized maybe $112k?

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Think that's a little high, JB is still the "Top End" w/ exception of SS, I also don't see them putting options back in the RE as that would directly effect the JB sales. Literally no one has said they'd rather have a JB than a RE except for the options.

currently my build on a 22' JB Charger is $92K MSRP on Dodge site, I'm thinking a 2-5% increase at the most over 22'.

Anyone, would you buy a JB over a RE if you could get same options in RE?

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
1,521 Posts
I'm not super happy. I bet half the people who buy a 23 will be people who own(ed) a 21. Once all the numbers are out I'll see if selling my 21 and moving to a 23 will really cost me. I doubt I'll be able to duplicate my 1.89% loan rate, so I doubt I'll make a move. Had it been a Redeye, I'd be writing a For Sale post now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,067 Posts
Just found this out. Not much "car time" in my days now.

This is straight up horseshit.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts