SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2023 Dodge Challenger and Manual Transmission

11K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  Sarna March 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm back at looking at a Challenger after being out of the market for a couple of years. I'm looking to order one with the options and trim that I'd like but I keep seeing in different forums that there will be no 2023 manual transmission Dodge Challengers... at all.

That seems a bit outlandish considering they are throwing it all in for the going away year. I understand the Hellcat was at the edge of reliability and the power upgrades over the years have made the M6 not a viable option but I'm looking to get a Widebody Scat Pack so that problem shouldn't be there I would think.

At any rate most explanations where people got this info seem to boil down to "I know a guy" which doesn't strike me as as reliable but.

On my end I looked back at the September 1st Stellantis/Dodge press release on the 2023 Challenger preview and they still list the M6 as an option: Stellantis Media - 2023 Dodge Challenger / Challenger SRT Fact Sheet (stellantisnorthamerica.com). I also do see that they list the Hellcat as being able to get one so that also sounds like a potential conflict.

Anyone have any ideas what's really happening here? I'd really want to get a 2023 but I can't see myself owning one unless it came with 3 pedals.

Thanks!

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I’m stunned. I had not been in the market for a new one until this year, but now waiting on the 2023s was doing a little comparison with what’s available in 2022. I had been planning on a Hellcat… until now. Always planned on picking one up with a manual. I guess I’ll be buying a Scat Pack. Or I might just keep my old M6 and say **** it to Dodge in favor of another manufacturer producing high-end cars with manual transmissions. What a disappointment.
router login
pikashow

#10 ·
Get the 23 John, frame it tub it and throw a lenco in it

Or wait a couple years n get the ‘Cuda. I am certain the Super Stock version will come with all that stuff stock. Tim n I go way back

Please don’t go…

You have been a member for so very long and your posts are always so very meaningful

If you leave will be missed dearly

#13 ·
It's understandable that you're concerned about the availability of a manual transmission in the 2023 Dodge Challenger, especially if that is an important factor in your decision to purchase one.
At this time, it's difficult to say with certainty what the situation will be for manual transmission options in the 2023 Challenger. While some forum posts and rumors may suggest that manual transmissions won't be available at all, as you noted, the official press release from Stellantis does still list the M6 as an option.
It's possible that certain trims or configurations of the Challenger may not offer a manual transmission, or that there could be limited availability due to supply chain issues or other factors. It's also possible that the rumors of no manual transmissions are simply unfounded.
The best course of action would be to contact your local Dodge dealer and ask about the availability of manual transmissions in the 2023 Challenger models you're interested in. They should be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information and help you make an informed decision about your purchase.
Pikashow Apk -- Download

#20 ·
Getting an M6 Scat shouldn't be too difficult. The Hellcat is a whole other story and one that I highly doubt we'll see. They've been promising more late availability M6s for 2 years with a whole lot of hype and empty promises, but no cars built.

Reactions: WVHEMIS
#26 ·
Well the new Demon isn't suppose to be built until summer. Maybe a M6 Hellcat could materialize then too? I'm sure the automagic is fine, but to me a muscle car should have three pedals. I have a M6 Scat Pack because the Hellcat wasn’t available with it. Having driven 1970s muscle cars, this clutch is far easier. Had my 16yo son driving it fairly well in couple days. Sister at 17 been driving a 5sp Impreza and she drove the Challenger immediately without issue.

#34 ·
2023 M6 NOW AVAILABLE

Reactions: snobrdrdan
#37 ·
The manual trans was never available for the Redeyes.

Not that it makes a difference to me, personally.

I was never able to afford one of these. I'm sure if I was able to afford one, I would be able to afford upgrading the motor, etc. on a normal manual Hellcat to 170 standards anyway.

But, hey, I can sure read and plan for the future. I am unique in the purchasing sense. I sometimes research something for years before buying it. I run circles around salesmen with knowledge of the product they are supposed to be selling.

The plan is to have zero major purchase regrets in my life.

#38 ·
“The plan is to have zero major purchase regrets in my life.”

The more cars you buy the greater the chance your plan will fail. Many years ago, when Avanti in South Bend, iN was going out of business, they had a 50 % off inventory deal. Since I lived in Indy, I researched it and figured what do I have to lose buying a new Avanti at 1/2 off? Bought the new Avanti and what a POS that car was. The workmanship was horrendous and I sold the new Avanti at a loss within 3 mo. You can plan for zero regrets but the more cars you buy the greater the chance your plan to have zero purchase regrets will fail. It’s just part of life for a purchase to not live up to your expectations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.