SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Any top up photos? That is the real test of one of these aftermarket conversion-ibles. Does it duplicate the lines of the hardtop or is it a wrinkly, fragile mess. Enquiring minds want to know!. :unsure:

Can you get some closeups of the top of the windshield area where the top would mate up and latch and the rear quarter area where the top folds into? From your photo it already looks like the weatherstrip is torn upon at the top of the A-pillar and the adjacent interior fabric material is uneven. Not impressed.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Steering part

· Registered
1,464 Posts
Any top up photos? That is the real test of one of these aftermarket conversion-ibles. Does it dupluicate the lines of the hardtop or is it a wrinkly, fragile mess. Enquiring minds want to know!. :unsure:
Drop Top Customs makes a quality product. I have seen several throughout the years and they have all looked good. Would love to have one if I had space in the garage.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any top up photos? That is the real test of one of these aftermarket conversion-ibles. Does it duplicate the lines of the hardtop or is it a wrinkly, fragile mess. Enquiring minds want to know!. :unsure:

Can you get some closeups of the top of the windshield area where the top would mate up and latch and the rear quarter area where the top folds into? From your photo it already looks like the weatherstrip is torn upon at the top of the A-pillar and the adjacent interior fabric material is uneven. Not impressed.

View attachment 601400

View attachment 601400
No more pictures I am at home now about 40 miles from there, they didn't want anyone even there, had to walk thru a field to get to them. maybe tomorrow another member can stop and take more pictures with everything set up, this better than nothing for now.

· Registered
1,396 Posts
On the website there's a couple of top-up photos. I dont know where they sourced the rear 1/4 window and mechanism from. It doesnt look like the shape of the fixed hardtop 1/4 window: not very Challenger-ish ( or is that Challengescular?)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: WVHEMIS

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,718 Posts
Looks a sh1tload better than the Banshee.

· Registered
1,396 Posts
LOL. I concur.

· HOTM Winner
12,718 Posts
I would still prefer T-tops over convertible!
Bet you didn’t know it’s federal law that if your car has T-tops you are required to have a mullet. It does say wigs and/or extensions are acceptable so you’re good.

· Registered
309 Posts
I don’t understand what all the convertible hype is all about? Ordered my SS in March of ‘21, and there was a convertible Hellcat for sale online at the same time. Blue with white stripes and a white top. It was built by the same company. Maybe just because it can be factory ordered now?

· HOTM Winner
12,718 Posts
I don’t understand what all the convertible hype is all about? Ordered my SS in March of ‘21, and there was a convertible Hellcat for sale online at the same time. Blue with white stripes and a white top. It was built by the same company. Maybe just because it can be factory ordered now?
yep.

Reactions: Bobo

· Banned
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
572 Posts
Bet you didn’t know it’s federal law that if your car has T-tops you are required to have a mullet. It does say wigs and/or extensions are acceptable so you’re good.
Does it have to technically be a mullet or can it all be one length? If that's acceptable I've got it covered!! :ROFLMAO: ;)
It's RED too....HAHA

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.