SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

2023 Dodge Durango Hellcat - Vaporware?

1173 Views 40 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  srt_blubyu
These things might as well be unicorns or magic pixy dust as its seems like its impossible to order a DDHC in the base trim level..

I can see the next product release.. new 2023 PHEV Durango Hellcat XL-e, 1000hp, 1.9 0-60, 30mpg, MRSP $65,000 and only special select dealers can order.. but none have any allocation. 馃コ
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
The list is on dodgegarge under the HP locator.

I'm afraid to call asking how much they want to bend me over but the Durango plant doesn't seem like it has a shut down date for remodel like Brampton does.

Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the list.. and I've called.. give it a shot. Not a single one can get ya a base trim that ive been in contact with (and it hasnt been ajsut a few)..

Vaporware.

Registered
I've got the list.. and I've called.. give it a shot. Not a single one can get ya a base trim that ive been in contact with (and it hasnt been ajsut a few)..

Vaporware.
Its not offered in a base trim - its not even available to dealers to order that way. Only Plus and Premium.

Reactions: CWGrizzwold

Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
Its not offered in a base trim - its not even available to dealers to order that way. Only Plus and Premium.
Base trims for all Durango models were going to be late availability, but then again they said the DDHC was going to be late availability and a few have been produced already. That was announced from the get-go in dealer training, but very few pass that information onto customers. As @frictioncircle mentioned it is all about the business. Reduce order complexity to minimize order disruptions and maximize profit. Not bad for a vehicle model that has been around since 2011. Dodge knows folks will pay to play and they also know this will piss a smaller % of folks off too.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Technology

Banned
Durango Hellcat

Gesture Organism Cartoon Art Landscape

Registered
Base trims for all Durango models were going to be late availability, but then again they said the DDHC was going to be late availability and a few have been produced already. That was announced from the get-go in dealer training, but very few pass that information onto customers. As @frictioncircle mentioned it is all about the business. Reduce order complexity to minimize order disruptions and maximize profit. Not bad for a vehicle model that has been around since 2011. Dodge knows folks will pay to play and they also know this will piss a smaller % of folks off too.
Agree on all fronts. Dodge also said that we would have stage kits a year ago, see car 7 in November, keep the dealer locator up to date, 2021 was the only year for the DDHC鈥ut until it鈥檚 available, it鈥檚 not. This is the 4th post in 10 days asking the same question. The simple answer is - it鈥檚 only available in plus and premium鈥othing has changed. Asking the boards to all crystal ball this every other day is silly. So is the idea that because dodge said it we should believe it.

Registered
As an owner of a 2021 DDHC I鈥檇 like to say to anyone at dodge reading F-U ! 馃槀 glad you guys were able to get your dream car but dodge is a useless lying company I鈥檇 never buy another product from again.
One year only means One year only! That鈥檚 false advertising by its dealers . Glad I bought a Tesla instead of a second dodge . It鈥檚 faster anyway! Just sayin! I wouldn鈥檛 care if they said maybe or could be , but I asked for MONTHS to be sure and always got the same answer this will NEVER be built again .guaranteed ! What a joke

Registered
Now comes the question, will there be a '24 Durango Hellcat? From Dodge's press release, they did not say 2023 is the last year, and this time they did not say they will not build it next year as well.

Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
As an owner of a 2021 DDHC I鈥檇 like to say to anyone at dodge reading F-U ! 馃槀 glad you guys were able to get your dream car but dodge is a useless lying company I鈥檇 never buy another product from again.
One year only means One year only! That鈥檚 false advertising by its dealers . Glad I bought a Tesla instead of a second dodge . It鈥檚 faster anyway! Just sayin! I wouldn鈥檛 care if they said maybe or could be , but I asked for MONTHS to be sure and always got the same answer this will NEVER be built again .guaranteed ! What a joke
Nobody is reading from Dodge鈥. Hell you can direct message any of their team with anything you want and no one is going to see it at Dodge. They sold out to Stellantis and now we are watching Dodge die in slow motion.

Registered
Nobody is reading from Dodge鈥. Hell you can direct message any of their team with anything you want and no one is going to see it at Dodge. They sold out to Stellantis and now we are watching Dodge die in slow motion.
yeah I know but you never know whose watching a forum something I鈥檝e learned from other makes forums . I鈥檝e owned all kinds of cars and brands . For those who are falling all over themselves to own a hellcat Durango or any other hellcat variant I dont get it. I took delivery of my telsa plaid after my hellcat . As much as I like my hellcat , I鈥檇 have NEVER bought it after getting my Tesla olaid . There鈥檚 just no comparison . It embarrasses my hellcat at the track .

life long ICE
Engine guy, lots of the top muscle cars through life, but what I want do is lie to myself or block out something because of it鈥檚 tech . Power is power and cars are cars . If it was even close I鈥檇 be all over the hellcat over the Tesla but it鈥檚 NOT it鈥檚 like a whole differnt class and not for much more money anymore.
Dodge is just lucky they don鈥檛 have Tesla showrooms where people can test drive a model X plaid or model S plaid cause they are amazing! I bought my hellcat because it was one year only. A promise they made over and over before I bought. Load of bullshit. Scammers at dodge, pathetic the more I think about it and the conversations I had w dodge dealers before I bought the more I realize, this amounts to fraud and Nothing less . And reading how many of you are being treated for new dodges and not getting updates etc nothing has changed .
buy a Tesla and be first to the stripe at the track!! Pay less for power, be stealth as can be, and own a car that truely changed the world not a liberal way (cause elon has proved he is anything but a liberal) in a bad ass, power over everything else way.

I get it you like pistons and superchargers I do to but first ti the stripe is first to the stripe! And getting there 1.5 to 2.5 seconds later SUCKS!

Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why even advertise the hellcat core if it wont be available till late?? LAte when.. after all the allocations are spoken for maybe?? Hopefully not... might be a 2024 DDHC.. hmmmmmm....

Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
yeah I know but you never know whose watching a forum something I鈥檝e learned from other makes forums . I鈥檝e owned all kinds of cars and brands . For those who are falling all over themselves to own a hellcat Durango or any other hellcat variant I dont get it. I took delivery of my telsa plaid after my hellcat . As much as I like my hellcat , I鈥檇 have NEVER bought it after getting my Tesla olaid . There鈥檚 just no comparison . It embarrasses my hellcat at the track .

life long ICE
Engine guy, lots of the top muscle cars through life, but what I want do is lie to myself or block out something because of it鈥檚 tech . Power is power and cars are cars . If it was even close I鈥檇 be all over the hellcat over the Tesla but it鈥檚 NOT it鈥檚 like a whole differnt class and not for much more money anymore.
Dodge is just lucky they don鈥檛 have Tesla showrooms where people can test drive a model X plaid or model S plaid cause they are amazing! I bought my hellcat because it was one year only. A promise they made over and over before I bought. Load of bullshit. Scammers at dodge, pathetic the more I think about it and the conversations I had w dodge dealers before I bought the more I realize, this amounts to fraud and Nothing less . And reading how many of you are being treated for new dodges and not getting updates etc nothing has changed .
buy a Tesla and be first to the stripe at the track!! Pay less for power, be stealth as can be, and own a car that truely changed the world not a liberal way (cause elon has proved he is anything but a liberal) in a bad ass, power over everything else way.

I get it you like pistons and superchargers I do to but first ti the stripe is first to the stripe! And getting there 1.5 to 2.5 seconds later SUCKS!
Please don鈥檛 mistake my views on Dodge here as being EV vs ICE. Reality is ICE is dead.. government will force it to happen if it doesn鈥檛 happen with existing rules in place. Dodge has nothing to offer in EV land鈥 their software is garbage and they clearly have no ability to quickly release fixes (something I would demand/expect from an EV company). When the power plant is the same (EV vs EV) it makes no sense to spend money with Dodge given how they are treating us now. I dropped 100k on my DDHC and Dodge treats me like I bought a snickers bar鈥 at this point I鈥檓 only tolerating it because the theatre is so satisfying. The Durango is the slowest Hellcat so I鈥檓 certainly not someone who cares about being first or I wouldn鈥檛 have bought it. I鈥檝e also spent half my life at the drag-strip so knowing a plaid wouldn鈥檛 get me to first place either and I don鈥檛 have the deep pockets required to even try being the fastest guy keeps me grounded. 馃槀

Registered

life long ICE

I get it you like pistons and superchargers I do to but first ti the stripe is first to the stripe! And getting there 1.5 to 2.5 seconds later SUC
Please don鈥檛 mistake my views on Dodge here as being EV vs ICE. Reality is ICE is dead.. government will force it to happen if it doesn鈥檛 happen with existing rules in place. Dodge has nothing to offer in EV land鈥 their software is garbage and they clearly have no ability to quickly release fixes (something I would demand/expect from an EV company). When the power plant is the same (EV vs EV) it makes no sense to spend money with Dodge given how they are treating us now. I dropped 100k on my DDHC and Dodge treats me like I bought a snickers bar鈥 at this point I鈥檓 only tolerating it because the theatre is so satisfying. The Durango is the slowest Hellcat so I鈥檓 certainly not someone who cares about being first or I wouldn鈥檛 have bought it. I鈥檝e also spent half my life at the drag-strip so knowing a plaid wouldn鈥檛 get me to first place either and I don鈥檛 have the deep pockets required to even try being the fastest guy keeps me grounded. 馃槀
Stock to stock the plaid will get you wayyyy out in front of that DDHC trust me I have both. Model S plaid 9.19! That鈥檒l beat most built muscle cars into submission. Show me anything else stock that鈥檚 even close.
One thing I can say about software is I hate having to page through stuff to turn things on w the Tesla . Give me buttons for the basics and I鈥檓 happy.
this could be a place for dodge To get a foothold . But after how they lied about the DDHC I stil woukdnt buy from them . Is still like my DDHC even though it鈥檚 slow . What I hate is dodge and it鈥檚 dealer network .

Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
Stock to stock the plaid will get you wayyyy out in front of that DDHC trust me I have both. Model S plaid 9.19! That鈥檒l beat most built muscle cars into submission. Show me anything else stock that鈥檚 even close.
One thing I can say about software is I hate having to page through stuff to turn things on w the Tesla . Give me buttons for the basics and I鈥檓 happy.
this could be a place for dodge To get a foothold . But after how they lied about the DDHC I stil woukdnt buy from them . Is still like my DDHC even though it鈥檚 slow . What I hate is dodge and it鈥檚 dealer network .
Is this like trolling or ?? A plaid runs 9s鈥 I barely run 11s (I would be insulted here but you likely just think I鈥檓 stupid and inferior to you so I鈥檒l allow it)

As far as being the fastest鈥ho cares if it鈥檚 stock? If I was worried about being the fastest I wouldn鈥檛 have an asterisks behind it saying 鈥渂one stock production cars only鈥. 馃槀

Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak

I get it you like pistons and superchargers I do to but first ti the stripe is first to the stripe! And getting there 1.5 to 2.5 seconds later SUC

I can fly from Florida to Austin, TX in about 2-3 hours. But, it is so much more fun road tripping it in a hot rod. I can cook a steak in the microwave, but it's better on the grill. A $150k car that runs 9s is a terrible value. We've been building 8-9 second Fox Mustangs for 20 years that didn't cost $20,000 to build. Stock is all well and good, but as you say, the first to the stripe wins. For the cost of a new yuppie Plaid, I can build 5 shade tree specials that will beat it. And I don't even have Asperger's Syndrome.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts