SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2023 Dodge Durango Hellcat

8118 269
I am happy to say that I placed my order for a new 2023 Dodge Durango Hellcat on 'day one', and already have a VIN. According to my good friend @ the local dealership, he believes that my order was the first one on the books for 2023, with my VIN ending in 000. Either way, I am excited and can't wait to get my hands on it. She will be Destroyer Grey w/ Redline Red/Black stripes, and Demonic Red interior, w/ all available options. I found it interesting that even though I got my VIN, there is no breakdown for price on the POC. I am guessing that prices have gone way up for 2023.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
DDHC 2023
40 Posts
The local dealership where I ordered my '23 DDHC is very small, and has never sold a Durango Hellcat before - they also got zero allocations for any of the hot-item Challenger/Chargers either. But, they placed my order on day one and I got my VIN two days later, for MSRP as well. I am guessing it was first-come first serve, rather than allocations, but again, that is a guess. Who knows these days ..
The first dealership I drove to said We’re charging $20,000 over sticker. I just got up and walked out. Next dealer said $10,000 over. Nope. I heard $5,000, $3,000 and one place said We have to get at least a $1,000. I said you’re right but it won’t be from me. Bye.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk, 2022 TRX
17 Posts
For that particular dealer maybe. No one else has confirmed anything similar.
My dealer still can access the order page, but are still waiting on their allocations before the pending order can be entered.
It is my understanding that all dealers know now whether they have allocations or not. I was first on 2023 Durango HC list with Dan Cummins in Georgetown, KY. Salesman texted me yesterday saying “Hi Mark, I hate to say this but we didn't get any Durango Hellcat allocations.” They do a large amount of HC business. Lucky I contacted my local dealer! They placed my order last Friday afternoon without an allocation and I had my VIN on Monday (next business day).

·
Registered
DDHC 2023
40 Posts
It is my understanding that all dealers know now whether they have allocations or not. I was first on 2023 Durango HC list with Dan Cummins in Georgetown, KY. Salesman texted me yesterday saying “Hi Mark, I hate to say this but we didn't get any Durango Hellcat allocations.” They do a large amount of HC business. Lucky I contacted my local dealer! They placed my order last Friday afternoon without an allocation and I had my VIN on Monday (next business day).
I find it strange they could place an order without an allocation. Perhaps the order banks are not restricted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yikes. Yea I had a von at 9:36am on 11/11. Got 'thanks for the order' email and text on 11/15. This appears to be days earlier than anyone else could even see it. This whole thing is wild. I think someone boned this up a bit.

Doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence this is real. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk, 2022 TRX
17 Posts
I find it strange they could place an order without an allocation. Perhaps the order banks are not restricted.
Don’t know, but Dan Cummins couldn’t order one and my next closest local dealer where I’ve done quite a bit of business said weeks ago that they would not be getting an allocation and would not be able to order one for me.

·
Registered
DDHC 2023
40 Posts
Don’t know, but Dan Cummins couldn’t order one and my next closest local dealer where I’ve done quite a bit of business said weeks ago that they would not be getting an allocation and would not be able to order one for me.
I would add several dealers I contacted told me upfront they could not order one because they did not get an allocation. Even they seem to be under the same impression. You can’t spec out a vehicle unless you’re allotted one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would add several dealers I contacted told me upfront they could not order one because they did not get an allocation. Even they seem to be under the same impression. You can’t spec out a vehicle unless you’re allotted one.
It all seems designed to make the customer feel especially valued...

Anyways, it almost seems like these first round of allocations went to many of the smaller, non-Power Broker dealers. I realize this board is a small sample size, but Dan Cummins not getting allocations (especially after seeing all they got in the Challenger-Charger rollout) has me thinking that something here is not market based.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. Just wanted to add info I’ve learned about the ordering process. I just put order in with a dealer in Connecticut. They are receiving one allocation. That’s it. There are 4 other Connecticut dealers receiving one allocation each . So 5 total allocations for all of Connecticut . Supposedly it’s based off of how many each dealer ordered in 2021. I was one of 2 my dealership ordered in 2021. My dealership isn’t getting any allocations for the 2023 challenger or chargers. They sell very few of them. They also said the allocation will be pulled and given to another dealer if it’s not ordered fairly quickly. Dealers are able to order 2023 Durango hellcats for stock if they have the allocation. As of now only 4 colors are available, and only the red interior. Supposedly there will only be around 1000-1500 units produced. As of now the base model Durango Hellcat and any new colors have been taken off the table.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,486 Posts
My dealership isn’t getting any allocations for the 2023 challenger or chargers. They sell very few of them.
Similar to that my dealer can get TRXs, but not Challengers or Durangos.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 · (Edited)
My dealer told me the same thing - they never officially received an allocation for a '23 DDHC, but Dodge accepted my order on day one, I got my VIN two days later, and then my 'Congratulations' email from Dodge two days after that. My dealer has no clue how it worked out this way, but it did and I am grateful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
27% of the reason I don't like red interiors is because people refer to them as 'red guts'. The other 83% is because it reminds me of a tacky strip club. Not that I've ever been to one personally, but I've heard stories.
At least your giving it 110% 😆
Lots of different information out there, but it seems for now Dodge has pivoted once again from what they said at the 2023 media launch at M1 Concourse.
Initially, they were going to build as many sold orders as they received. Now it seems like the magic number is 1,600 and allocations are required to order.
2023 production hasn't even started yet and I know the DDHCs will be built "later" in the production cycle, but that doesn't mean more orders will open up later (same thing that happened in 2021).
Heck, you can't even order a DDHC in any of the new colors for 2023 yet. Surely they would give folks the chance to do so.
I sure freaking hope so I’m wanting one in frostbite with no options!! Been trying to order one since October only four colors are available as of now . Hope none of u have made the mistake of buying a grand lemoneer

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have found 95 DDHC 2023 orders that have been assigned VINs so far, 92 of those were just issued yesterday so maybe we will see more in the coming days. There is only one XXX000 and it was in the middle of the pack. Numerically there were roughly 50 ahead of it.
I placed my order on 11/12/22 at 11:31am the morning that orders were officially open. I received my vin number on the morning of 11/16/22. Can you tell me where my order falls in line? Last 8 of the VIN is PC552997. I feel as if I had to of been very early in the ordering as my dealer called me as soon as they opened and it took them roughly 2 hours to have every submitted.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I placed my order on 11/12/22 at 11:31am the morning that orders were officially open. I received my vin number on the morning of 11/16/22. Can you tell me where my order falls in line? Last 8 of the VIN is PC552997. I feel as if I had to of been very early in the ordering as my dealer called me as soon as they opened and it took them roughly 2 hours to have every submitted.
You were the 50th order issued a VIN but that has no bearing on when it will be built, so I wouldnt state it as "in line" since they dont build them in order of VIN sequence

121 - 140 of 270 Posts