SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Charger SRT Widebody Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak
3 Posts
From what I have read it sounds like it is going to be a half year of production in 23 and then Brampton will go through a makeover to EV's. Allocations are still being released for 22 though, so if you're working with a power broker you should know where you stand with your 22 order.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break on order
737 Posts
All speculation at this point nothing officially released about any 2023 models.

But if you ordered against an allocation and have a VIN you should be good with your JB getting delivered.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,037 Posts
From what I have read it sounds like it is going to be a half year of production in 23 and then Brampton will go through a makeover to EV's. Allocations are still being released for 22 though, so if you're working with a power broker you should know where you stand with your 22 order.
I keep seeing this as well, but Stellantis had a press conference saying they are shutting down Brampton for retooling for 2024.
Why would they end production for only a half year if they are not starting retooling until 2024?
Unless they are building 2024 Charger and Challengers to flood dealer lots the second half of 23 so they don't move production to IL?

·
Registered
Smoke Show Challenger Jailbreak ordered 3/18/22
349 Posts
I saw you order 6 days after me and TBH, it doesn’t look like you’ll be getting one from that dealer. A tell tale sign will be what status code your order is in as of today. If you’re still in BG then it doesn’t look good. BX, then there is still a chance

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak coming
191 Posts
Is the Jailbreak Challenger gonna be available in 2023? I've got an order in for a 2022 but I'm worried i'm not gonna get the 2022 i've ordered.
As others have stated, it all depends on your status.
Have your dealer print you out a POC. Gonna want to be in D status with a vin #. This usually comes 2-3 weeks after ordering. I went to BG status with a VON
right away and in 2 weeks got my vin and D status.
Everyone is unsure at first but do your research and listen to the guys on here. Good folks will help you out. If you do have a vin then I’d say it will be a ‘22.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I keep seeing this as well, but Stellantis had a press conference saying they are shutting down Brampton for retooling for 2024.
Why would they end production for only a half year if they are not starting retooling until 2024?
Unless they are building 2024 Charger and Challengers to flood dealer lots the second half of 23 so they don't move production to IL?
Because the electric Challengers and Chargers won't be built at Brampton, tey'll be built in Belvidere, IL. Brampton will be converted to build EVs, which is not a weekend project. Plus, Hemi engine productio has already concluded, so there isn't an unlimited supply of parts to build from.

·
Registered
200 Posts
not true mine was canceled with a vin
Yeah there were a bunch of people with vins that got their order cancelled late last year. There must have been some last second shortage that they didn’t expect.

but generally getting a vin means they expect to be able to build the car. Otherwise they’d just leave it in ‘C’ state or lower.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,037 Posts
Because the electric Challengers and Chargers won't be built at Brampton, tey'll be built in Belvidere, IL. Brampton will be converted to build EVs, which is not a weekend project. Plus, Hemi engine productio has already concluded, so there isn't an unlimited supply of parts to build from.
Hemi engine production has ended?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Plus, Hemi engine productio has already concluded
If that's true then why are they selling the crates through Direct Connection? It would seem silly to create a new parts order book when the parts are being discontinued. You can buy a 426 crate but they don't put them in new cars so this makes no sense that they stopped making the HEMI 392. Maybe it was canceled for manufacturers vehicle allocations but they are still being made? I thought RAM was still going to be putting the Hemi V8 in trucks for a couple of more years.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,037 Posts
Just doing some quick online searching, seems the Ram 1500 will be refreshed for 23 and have the I6. Lame.
Haven't seen anything about the HD trucks. Seems odd they would want to replace the 6.4 for the I6 in that. But you can still get the big diesel. If not, might as well kill off Ram right now.

Challenger/Charger/300 to live on one more year. Are they really stock piling 40k Hemi engines for that build run and nothing more?

Some odd business decisions.

If true, I guess I am done with Mopar and its been nice knowing you all. But GM or Ford will get my money next time.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,754 Posts
So safe to assume the 23 Ram will be i6 powered?
No more classics?

Did they stock pile those engines? Doesn't the Grand Wagoneer have the 392?
My guess is the 2024. 2023s will likely still be V8 powered. Hard to say for sure when the Rams will lose the V8 as trucks are governed under different concessions than cars are. They could, in theory, retain the V8 longer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts