SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,754 Posts
So where are all the required HEMI and Hellcat engines now needed coming from?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I forgot the exact details, and I don't remember where I read it, but I recall seeing that they quit building Hellcat engines several months ago. They just make a bunch and put them in a warehouse.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I forgot the exact details, and I don't remember where I read it, but I recall seeing that they quit building Hellcat engines several months ago. They just make a bunch and put them in a warehouse.
That’s something doable! I do remember around 10 years ago when the industrial heavy duty engine industry had to transition from T4i to T4F emissions levels my company ended up stashing away thousands of engines on one of our warehouses so we can fit them into the next year machine models and thus extend the opportunity to sell more equipment with T4i engines instead of T4F ones until we had them ready for prime business…

I still remember thinking what a crazy sight was to witness thousands of engines sitting around wrapped in plastic bags awaiting to be installed in a new machine…

·
Registered
901 Posts
If that's true then why are they selling the crates through Direct Connection? It would seem silly to create a new parts order book when the parts are being discontinued. You can buy a 426 crate but they don't put them in new cars so this makes no sense that they stopped making the HEMI 392. Maybe it was canceled for manufacturers vehicle allocations but they are still being made? I thought RAM was still going to be putting the Hemi V8 in trucks for a couple of more years.
Because they're already built and stockpiled? You think Sears forges a new wrench every time someone orders one?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,445 Posts
Wonder how many they stockpile. They need to warranty thousands for the next five years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I saw you order 6 days after me and TBH, it doesn’t look like you’ll be getting one from that dealer. A tell tale sign will be what status code your order is in as of today. If you’re still in BG then it doesn’t look good. BX, then there is still a chance
I've been in BX
status, so maybe there's hope!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i might be better buying a 1967 chevelle , at least you can get parts for the chevelle , 2 orders canceled , ss on order for over 2 months no movement, might be better getting that 67 chevelle convertible, at least you can get parts lol

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,754 Posts
The TRX alone is over 18k sold for 2022.
I think 2021, it was around 15k.

2023 is still going to have the Hellcat engine from Ram and you can guess another 10k or so.

So I hope its a big warehouse
Well, in the grand scheme of things, Dodge/Ram doesn't sell a whole lot of Hellcats/TRXs. It's not like Mustang GTs or some such with 60k-70k annual sales. In 2020, Dodge only made 3,800 Hellcats. So, the warehouse doesn't need to be all that big, really.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,037 Posts
i might be better buying a 1967 chevelle , at least you can get parts for the chevelle , 2 orders canceled , ss on order for over 2 months no movement, might be better getting that 67 chevelle convertible, at least you can get parts lol
Depends on the parts.
Im still waiting on a crankshaft. But I got my transmission in 4 days. Not a Chevelle but a Bel Air.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Well, in the grand scheme of things, Dodge/Ram doesn't sell a whole lot of Hellcats/TRXs. It's not like Mustang GTs or some such with 60k-70k annual sales. In 2020, Dodge only made 3,800 Hellcats. So, the warehouse doesn't need to be all that big, really.
That's Challenger Hellcats, the Apache 392 with SC is put in RAM Trucks, Jeeps, and cars though they stopped making the Durango HC last year. Found this article in Stellpower which I guess is Stellantis' internet news outlet. They can build and warehouse the 23' allocation I guess, I'm wondering how many extra crates they'll have. My thought is Direct Connect lest them still make all the engines even though they may not be installing in new cars. Why were they producing the 426 if it wasn't being installed in anything? The aftermarket, specialty shops, and hobbyist market are going to grow unless ICE's get outlawed completely. That's why I'm having trouble believing they have ceased production completely, maybe temporarily because of the current difficulties? I also included a 426 promo video, because why not.

.Dodge Hellcat Production Totals for the 2020 Model Year.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts