SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2023 ordering

21K views 97 replies 32 participants last post by  Vanwest 
#1 ·
So I stopped at the dealer Thursday to inquire about ordering a 2023 HCWB. I was really hoping to order a 23’ since it’s the last year of production but it just seems so dis organized. The salesman told me off the hop that 2023 orders won’t be opened until December 2022. (I have read online as “early” as October) My salesman also advised me that someone spec’d the almost identical car but in a scatpack 6 months ago. He told me it could be anywhere from 6-8 months minimum before it gets built and I come to read on Facebook from a sales rep of 8 years, that all 23’ Hellcats will be limited production because of the plant shutting down in second quarter of 23’ for EV re-tooling. So there will be no way to tell how many allocations will be available. I’m stuck if I should bite the bullet on a 22’ and get it 6+ months later or wait it out to order a 23’ . Hoping some people can chime in here and clear a few things up for me. Thank you

#3 ·
This information is good to know. Sounds like theres not gonna be a lot of ‘23 allocations.

I regret waiting too long to order a ‘22 Hellcat. I wanted a Redeye. But I’m happy I got the last allocation at my dealership. For a WB Challenger.

The fastest cars I’ve driven were a 500 hp ‘03 Cobra. ‘19 Scat pack Charger. ‘18 Camaro SS

I’m sure I’ll be happy with a new 717 HP Challenger.

#4 ·
You really can't believe anything a dealer tells you about order dates and cutoffs at this point. The only one that knows anything at this point is Stellantis and even that could change.

Heck, a month or so ago we had posts on this forum saying 2022 was over and the 2023 order banks would soon be opening! And this was also backed up and confirmed by Koons.

LOL, it was all nonsense and completely untrue.

So, never take one dealers word on anything. You can keep checking the Donlen fleet page for dates and cutoffs and that is probably as close as you can get.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Well Slicks would know so I'll go with it!

I guess the next thing to see is really if Brampton closes early or not, December orders means late Jan or Feb production start and then they will kill it in May or Jun? Seems odd but we will see!

#8 ·
hllrasinkitty: As much difficulty, disorganization & mass-confusion that exists now, it's likely gonna be much worse for model year 2023. Sunroof option for the 2018 SRT Demon was $4995, then it leveled off to about $1995 for the Scats, Hellcats and Redeyes. Now for model year 2022 it's $1295 (I saw a guy's window sticker on his 2022 Superstock). That tells me they have a bunch of sunroof parts laying around that they want gone. Bottom line: It seems Dodge wants to liquidate whatever parts they have in their SRT line up. Imagine what is gonna happen next year as they use up the 800hp engines? My humble opinion is: once they use up the parts that are needed to build these cars, the ordering process is terminated. If I were you, get one now while you can. Hope this helps.

#11 ·
hllrasinkitty: As much difficulty, disorganization & mass-confusion that exists now, it's likely gonna be much worse for model year 2023. Sunroof option for the 2018 SRT Demon was $4995, then it leveled off to about $1995 for the Scats, Hellcats and Redeyes. Now for model year 2022 it's $1295 (I saw a guy's window sticker on his 2022 Superstock).
Sunroof for Demon was always $4995 and the other models were always $1995 before now. It never 'leveled out', you just paid more if it was in a Demon.

#18 ·
Do not wait, we ordered a 22 Durango and we were limited in options and color selection because the Durango is moving from JNAP to Mack to be built on the same platform as the new Grand Cherokee. I would go and find a dealer right now who can actually place an order, get you VON, and hopefully within 5 days, you will have a VIN.

#20 ·
bottom line: since Stellantis took over Dodge everything has gone to $h*t and you cant trust allocations and build times or schedules. If you really want a hellcat just try to get anything you can find, including the used car market. One can easily get and exceed RE performance with the right mods and tuner.

#26 ·
I'll be there when the door opens for a S/S or some other Hellcat Redeye option.
I don't think they will be taking many more HO Hellcat orders right now. So far only 189 S/S for 22 and i think it was 500 something for 21 and under 200 for 20. It will be a rare bird.

#30 ·
I'm no expert and on here trying to gain some intel on an order that I placed for the JB yesterday. My dealer said it could be 6 weeks "out of no where" or it could be up to 13 weeks. But with that being said, "A bird in the hand always beats 2 in the bush" so I'd order one. They cost of what no longer is obtainable will shoot through the roof 20K instantly (to start) whether its a 22 or 23. Especially since we're at the end of the line and soon, there will be no more to ever have. Whatever frenzy is happening now will only get worse later. In the immortal words of my rude childhood convenience store owner..."HURRY UP AND BUY!"

#31 ·
Just found this in the news.

#35 ·
Perhaps because of the delays they are going to be manufacturing the 23's well into 24'?

So far there is nothing coming out of Dodge that claims the V8 platforms will be extended beyond 23' and they have stopped paying Tesla for Carbon Credits. There just aren't any electric/hybrid Dodges currently to offset the emissions so how are they extending the line without buying more credits in 2024?

Stellantis won't need Tesla emissions credits: EV maker set to lose hundreds of millions

#36 ·
Perhaps because of the delays they are going to be manufacturing the 23's well into 24'?
From the article above, looks like there might be 2024 models the same as the current car.

"Production of the cars at Brampton will continue into 2024, later than previously thought (2023 had been forecast). At that point, Brampton will begin retooling, with production to resume in 2025 on an “all-new, flexible architecture to support the company’s electrification plans.”"

#37 ·
I’m waiting till after November to see if we are a little F’ed or totally F’ed. I also want a model year 23 since I have a 15. I want the first year and last year. Ideally a SS, if not then JB. If not then WBRE. Stage one factory connect , PPF and ceramic and then try to keep the miles down. IDK though. I have put almost 2k miles since 4/15 this year. Lol

#54 ·
I dont believe so, every deal i spoke with (even Power Brokers) told me that WB is done for '22

#41 ·
I hope you guys that are serious about ordering and buying, Really get one. The WB Hellcat Challenger and Chargers are pretty Awesome cars! And I just love that supercharger whine.
You might have to wait until January 2023 to order a Hellcat WB.

‘Not sure, but I think Dodge still is taking non-Wide body 2022 orders.

#42 ·
From what I’ve been reading, the only WB you can order at this point are jail breaks. But still tough to find a dealer with an allocation and not charging over MSRP.

So your options are a narrow body hellcat or red eye, or a JB. Dodge probably saving all the WB parts for their top tier model which makes them the most $$$$.

2023 might be a mess too……

#48 ·
Widebody, no. All shut down til next year. Jailbreaks being available for new orders is a bit of a weird thing. TECHNICALLY, the order banks are open for them. HOWEVER, they're so backed up, they're likely not going to get to all of them. Heck, they can't even produce the allocated orders in a timely manner. I waited almost 5 months and mine never even made it past the planning phase before I ultimately canceled the order and bought this red thing.

#50 ·
The dealer list for Jailbreaks is currently blank on Dodge Garage website.

Im thinking its one of two things.
1. Done taking JB orders for 2022.
2. Reallocating them to dealers who don't want to charge over MSRP. Many on the list that I called either had ADM or they had an ADM on the Demon when I called them back in 2018 and didn't bother this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.