SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
Koons has like 24 I think on there? They going to be the only ones with anything soon, going to be salivating with greed when they have the last red eyes inthe country...............

·
Registered
14 Posts
Koons has like 24 I think on there? They going to be the only ones with anything soon, going to be salivating with greed when they have the last red eyes inthe country...............
They are not selling so quickly at Koons because...

+$20,000 for the JBWB
+$40,000 for the redeye
+$50,000 for the Super Stock

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
They are not selling so quickly at Koons because...

+$20,000 for the JBWB
+$40,000 for the redeye
+$50,000 for the Super Stock
Yes I read that on here before. But in March of next year when Koons is the only show left in town that can order, whats the odds people will pay that? That is the question. ANd that is what Koons is waiting for, there not dumb. THey want to hold all the chips in the entire country. You want a 2023 hellcat? You buy from Koons or you get nothing.................

I don't know if dodge could legally do this, but what would bring a HUGE smile to my face is that if Koons is the only dealer left with allocations in March and are asking HUGE ADM, if I were dodge I'd take their allocations away and give to other dealers that sold for MSRP.

THat would crush Koons like a little crying baby....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,324 Posts
I think Dodge will reallocate at some point.

They did with the 22 Jailbreaks
They look like they have done a little tweaking now.

Dodge needs these cars sold. They have revenue goals and can't have dealers tying up their hands over a 20k ADM.
Plenty of MSRP dealers out there who will likely get left over cars.

Dodge can see why a dealer with 20 allocations haven't sold anything and other dealers sold out in a day. Guess where I would send my cars?

·
Registered
887 Posts
If the powers that be that created this allocation mess finally see the light, they should send out an email to all the dealers with these "unsold" allocations that would say something like the following:

As you have not been successful in finding buyers for this final year of production, and due to our strict scheduling constraints, the following will occur: On a date of our choosing, there will be a redistribution of all remaining allocations to dealers not previously given allocations.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
If the powers that be that created this allocation mess finally see the light, they should send out an email to all the dealers with these "unsold" allocations that would say something like the following:

As you have not been successful in finding buyers for this final year of production, and due to our strict scheduling constraints, the following will occur: On a date of our choosing, there will be a redistribution of all remaining allocations to dealers not previously given allocations.
Believe they did something similar with Demon, those dealers who sold at MSRP and moved those cars got more, but those who had the high ADMs and sat on them, well, they were cut off and their cars went to other dealers. That's how it was supposed to work anyway,

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes I read that on here before. But in March of next year when Koons is the only show left in town that can order, whats the odds people will pay that? That is the question. ANd that is what Koons is waiting for, there not dumb. THey want to hold all the chips in the entire country. You want a 2023 hellcat? You buy from Koons or you get nothing.................

I don't know if dodge could legally do this, but what would bring a HUGE smile to my face is that if Koons is the only dealer left with allocations in March and are asking HUGE ADM, if I were dodge I'd take their allocations away and give to other dealers that sold for MSRP.

THat would crush Koons like a little crying baby....
Koons isn't going to be sitting on allocations. They will sell them with the ADMs and life will go on.

Also, the website is obviously not always accurate, it's possible they dont even have many left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,324 Posts

They should just yank them.
If you tell me that I am going to lose allocations, I will place orders in the name of my secretary, janitor, former college roommate etc.
Granted it defeats the purpose of Jailbreak, but that really hasn't stopped dealers from doing that anyway.

The dealer manufacturer relationship is a mess. And it will never get better.

·
Registered
'22 TRX, '17 Lusso, '23 REWB on order
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure these dealers have lists of people that will pay some sort of ADM.....they'll lock in the most they can get now then decrease it and go down the list....they'll sell them all

·
Registered
22 RENB, 2017 SP
290 Posts
Not convinced that this will be the final allocation of HC's. The numbers seem to be in line with with what will be sold in 2022. OK. But total production of Chargers and Challengers was waaay down in 20, 21, and 22 due to obvious issues. For 2012 through 2019 they produced well over 200,000 vehicles per year in Brampton (a few of those were 300's). 2021 was a paltry 146,000 cars. Since they are printing money for each unit sold I see them pumping out more cars than was possible during the height of pandemic shutdowns and supply chain issues.
If your Dodge/Stellantis you already know your sales and profits will be gone as you switch to EV's (it took Tesla 17 years to make a full year profit). Dodge may or may or may not survive. If I own the business I am going to run wide open (as parts will allow) and make every dollar I can before I switch to a product that will not move and will likely be sold at a loss. Time will tell.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
197 Posts
I don’t see Koons or anybody loosing allocations, we haven’t even started production. Maybe 6-8 months down the road however their are enough deep pocketed people who will pay up when all options are gone they will sell. These dealers know it too.

As far a Dodge goes, they are making their money, selling this old platform (no matter how great) for current pricing, many increases the last few years, 2023 stickers Cars never cost so much 😂.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,906 Posts
It's not even 2023 yet. The cars will sell. No problem.

Reactions: RB185AFM

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
No one has a crystal ball (ask Tom Brady he just lost millions), I think only time will tell who was wise and who was foolish... We live in a capitalist system (Thank God) if dealers can sell all their allocation with the ADMs added on then that is their right to do so. If people are willing to pay the ADM then that is their right as well. I am not going to say who is right and who is wrong. Time will tell who made the better decision.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts