SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

First let me start by saying that I have done hours of research in the forums. I am all but sure this will work but wanted some confirmation before spending a lot of money.

My Car: 2015 Challenger with Mopar Performance lowering springs. I also have the 9" wide optional black wheels that came with my car from the factory.

Goal: To install 10" wheels on all four corners for road racing (without breaking the bank)

Question: Will 10" wide wheels on the front with a 20mm offset and 285/35 tires work with my car considering it is slightly lowered with Mopar Performance springs?

Below is a snapshot of the tire offset comparison tool. It is telling me that it will only stick out .4 further. I have also included a snapshot of what i was looking at purchasing. Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

wheel option 1.PNG wheel option 2.PNG wheel option 3.PNG

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
601 Posts
You are doing this for .4 inches more of tread ? $2508 plus mounting for .4" of tread for road racing?

But, yes it looks like it will fit fine

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are doing this for .4 inches more of tread ? $2508 plus mounting for .4" of tread for road racing?

But, yes it looks like it will fit fine
The tires will cost either way and I have to get another set of wheels anyways. I might as well get also to be able to run a 285/35 tire. That size offers a lot better selection including R type tires like the R888R.

I'm not against buying cheaper wheels from ebay but my main concern there is that they may not hold up to road racing. There have been multiple people with these wheels who road race and have not had issues.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,398 Posts
You are 0.31" closer just with the wheel alone on the inside. The outside is not important here. 20mm moves the wider wheel the wrong way. A 285 is wider than the 275, it gets even tighter. I say no.

You are apparently only using it for racing. Space that thing out to around 15mm. We have some great info in our road racing section on this. Research on our Forum more. By the way; welcome to Hellcat.org!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
I have a set of Summer ones for sale if you are anywhere near the DFW metroplex. 20*9.5 fronts and 20*10.5 rears from Triumph.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts