SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just bought a 19 redeye widebody with 10k miles yesterday from a dodge dealer. Drove it home 300 miles with zero issues. Cranked it up and drove it to a friends house today (no issues). When I went out to leave I cranked it up and it immediately died. Rinse and repeat about 4 more times. I got the following codes P0652, P2127, and P2228. I was finally able to get the car to stay running and limped it to the local dodge dealer. They informed me the car had a new PCM put in less than 1000 miles ago from the dodge dealer I bought it from. First off, I had no idea it had this kind of service history with this dealer. The car is in pristine condition and was sitting on their showroom floor. The local dealer here is telling me that it could be a multitude of things including another bad PCM or a wiring issue. I am pretty pissed that I haven't owned this thing 24 hours and I'm already experiencing this type of problem. I informed the dealer I bought it from, and they told me to just take it to my local dealer. Should they be held accountable at all? Hoping this car isn't a lemon. What are your guys thoughts/experience with the same codes? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
955 Posts
Hello all,

Just bought a 19 redeye widebody with 10k miles yesterday from a dodge dealer. Drove it home 300 miles with zero issues. Cranked it up and drove it to a friends house today (no issues). When I went out to leave I cranked it up and it immediately died. Rinse and repeat about 4 more times. I got the following codes P0652, P2127, and P2228. I was finally able to get the car to stay running and limped it to the local dodge dealer. They informed me the car had a new PCM put in less than 1000 miles ago from the dodge dealer I bought it from. First off, I had no idea it had this kind of service history with this dealer. The car is in pristine condition and was sitting on their showroom floor. The local dealer here is telling me that it could be a multitude of things including another bad PCM or a wiring issue. I am pretty pissed that I haven't owned this thing 24 hours and I'm already experiencing this type of problem. I informed the dealer I bought it from, and they told me to just take it to my local dealer. Should they be held accountable at all? Hoping this car isn't a lemon. What are your guys thoughts/experience with the same codes? Thanks!
Here’s a reference for the codes Hemi Diagnostic Trouble Codes | EastcoastMoparts
Hope this will help ya!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,477 Posts
It has a factory warranty. Why would you ever want some non specific brand dealer trying to diagnose it? I wouldnt want them responsible for it at all. Let the Dodge dealer’s service dept figure it out on FCA’s dime.

Reactions: White Trash

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's still under warranty. Take it to a Dodge dealership and let them figure it out.

Reactions: White Trash

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did take it to the dealer. This just looks like it’s going to be PCM #2 and the dealer I bought it from didn’t disclose any of that when I bought it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello all,

I hope this isnt Driveways demons redeye. What color is ur 19? Also best of luck to you getting this resolved, and congrats on the Redeye once you get this hiccup fixed im sure you'll love it

·
BMF
4,409 Posts
Take it to a Dodge Dealer

·
Registered
532 Posts
You should be in good hands then. Hopefully they have a competent service department and all is well when you get it back.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
193 Posts
I did take it to the dealer. This just looks like it’s going to be PCM #2 and the dealer I bought it from didn’t disclose any of that when I bought it.
Never buy a used car, especially a high performance car, without a full history disclosure. Hope this is a good lesson learned. It's under warranty so who cares, you're just out of a play toy for awhile. Make sure it is done in a timely manner and maybe contact your financial institution to delay first payment, unless you paid cash, for lack of having the car. Good luck.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
233 Posts
Hello all,

Hi fatcat89, I am sorry to hear that you have these concerns with your Challenger Hellcat Redeye. If you are in need of additional support while in service, please let us know. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance while in service.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update from dodge today:
The previous PCM looked to be replaced because the 5V reference was down and that’s exactly what appears to be happening again. Anyone have any experience with this? If they replace the PCM again, this will be the 3rd PCM this car has gone thru.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This all sounds like a misdiagnosis by dodge to me. How does a 5V reference have anything to do with a bad PCM x 2.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
233 Posts
Update from dodge today:
The previous PCM looked to be replaced because the 5V reference was down and that’s exactly what appears to be happening again. Anyone have any experience with this? If they replace the PCM again, this will be the 3rd PCM this car has gone thru.
Hi fatcat89, I'm very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with me via DM at your earliest convenience so we can have this looked into further for you.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
850 Posts
That sucks bro. Sounds like a dealer had troubles fixing it and passed it on to you. The responce 24hrs after purchase "take it to your local dealer" would boil my blood. I would take that car back on a uhaul trailer and tell them to go eat $hit.
On a positive side, maybe they didn't have any issues and it is just a fluke, but I would not bet on it.
Hey Dodgecares,
When this car sits at a dealer for three weeks before they fix it will he be compensated? When it breaks again two days after he picks it up, will he be compensated or have the redeye replaced?

That responce "take it to your local dealer" really pisses me off and it is not even my car.

Reactions: reMARCable

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I agree. It definitely made me mad, but they’re 3 1/2 hours away from me. Update to the update. I was about to head out to pickup the car from the dealer bc they were saying they couldn’t duplicate it and that the codes were “stored” and not active. And he said wait, that the tech tried to drive it and the codes came back and it died in their parking lot. Now this dodge dealer here is saying that the dodge dealer that sold it to me mis-diagnosed this problem in the first place and that’s why it’s back bc they never fixed it correctly by replacing the PCM. They seem to think it’s a sensor problem somewhere. I’m pissed at the fact I didn’t have the a full 24 hours and this happened. Not really sure how to hold the dealer that sold it to me accountable?

That sucks bro. Sounds like a dealer had troubles fixing it and passed it on to you. The responce 24hrs after purchase "take it to your local dealer" would boil my blood. I would take that car back on a uhaul trailer and tell them to go eat $hit.
On a positive side, maybe they didn't have any issues and it is just a fluke, but I would not bet on it.
Hey Dodgecares,
When this car sits at a dealer for three weeks before they fix it will he be compensated? When it breaks again two days after he picks it up, will he be compensated or have the redeye replaced?

That responce "take it to your local dealer" really pisses me off and it is not even my car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
850 Posts
You can't, but I would google bash them and I hope DodeCares enough to call the dealer and figure out how they sold a car that was not fixed. This gives the brand name a bad view.
Sounds like when crank sensors would go bad on the old 5.9 and 5.2 Dakota, Durango, Grand Cherokees ..... some dealers were changing coils and pcms....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
210 Posts
I always think the funny part is that all of these cars are so computerized that it’s incomprehensible that the damn thing can’t really diagnose itself. Then to boot, you have manufacturer dealers techs that work on these cars daily.....as in every single fu{£!%# day and yet still act like it’s the “first time”.

“well maybe it’s the duhhhh pcm....maybe it’s a sensor... duh I dunno..... but uhhhh it’s $80k.... that they know for sure!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
850 Posts
A time consuming diagnosis on an issue like this always gets dumped on the techs with less experience because they can lose their @ss on flat rate. The bread and butter goes to the guys who produce and make money. This will likely become a parts dump before it is said and done. PCM, strike one.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts