SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see 3.09 diffs for sale from major Mopar part suppliers with big differences in price between AA letter part numbers compared to AG or later. Is there such a major difference between earlier built diffs (AA) to the later ones to justify the price difference, besides a letter change?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good question. I was trying to figure this out myself. The best part number I was able to come up with was 68427796AA

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,849 Posts
That should work but it's not the Demon 3.09 in case that's what someone is looking for.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
268 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, i was inquiring about the regular 3.09 non Demon diffs. As a side note the Demon diffs were getting a bad rep when the Demon first came out with multiple failures being documented. Dont recall that happening with regular diffs at the same power level. Driveshafts yes.
I was trying to figure out if the regular diffs had any significant changes with the letters changing or not. I am also assuming that the AA designation was the earlier builds?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
727 Posts
I bought mine (NON DEMON) back in September. Part # 68269917AG superceded into Part # 68427796AA

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to revive a dead thread but never really got an answer. What are the changes from an AA to an AG diff? Does anyone know? The price difference is significant between the two.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
423 Posts
I think that just a price reduction because no difference in physical looks between the two. I have a brand new in the box 917AG if you are looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts