SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all I have is a canned tune from Diablo and 3.09. Car feels amazingly fast! I ran 10.9 at 128 mph before the gears. I’m looking to run 10.7’s. I also added the BMR lower trailing arms. Super easy to install and amazing performance. You can feel the car stiffer at take off, but still squaring. Thanks in advance.
I don’t want to do pulley just yet. I’m leaning into Catless? Maybe front runners? I want to go as fast as possible without adding crazy HP. Then and only then I’ll think about a pulley. Car is still faster than me, so no need to add more power just get. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who did you have install the 3.09 gears?
A buddy with a lift. Is not hard but a lift is well needed. A shop usually charge $350 for install. Best mod yet tho. Car pulls hard at any speed. Mpg not an issue as we have 8 gears on the AUTO. Do it. Best thing you’ll ever do to the cat.

·
Premium Member
6,524 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
A buddy with a lift. Is not hard but a lift is well needed. A shop usually charge $350 for install. Best mod yet tho. Car pulls hard at any speed. Mpg not an issue as we have 8 gears on the AUTO. Do it. Best thing you’ll ever do to the cat.
Thank you.
Perfect. I too have one of those buddies with a lift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went form 10.9s to 10.6s just by swapping out my diff to the 3.09's. I'm waiting for my front runners from Weld to keep working on lower et's.
Woah! That’s what I’m wanting to see as well. I also added the lower trailing arms. They feel good on the street. Makes the rear more solid when squatting. So I think it does. But I’ve heard these also help with the 60’ times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a link for the trailing arms?
BMR is who makes them demonology put them on his and loves them. I haven’t been to the track with them yet. Here’s a link. They advertise for challengers but fit the chargers just as well. Visit me on IG at 204mph_srt

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well let me go ahead and give you guys an update if you’re on the fence for the 3.09. DO IT! Car is def fast as hell! I think the gears besides of the shorter ratio, it keeps the car in optimum power band. This is what we did just now. My buddy with a stock 2019 ZO6 were neck to neck on highway pulls I think I was faster entering really high speeds, but we never tried it for that long. So we just did 3 pulls, 70mph, and two 80mph. I’m happy to report that I gapped him a full car length in all runs within seconds, then I kept pulling. Yes, I know. Shouldn’t drive fast on the streets. I’m 44. I know. We were out in no traffic land for these pulls. But anyhow, these gears are amazing! And best bang for your buck. Car feels peppy at any speed without being overly snappy and running high rpms. The 8 gears compensates for this. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I would spend the extra $70 bucks and get the adjustable ones...

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
It's great they are working for you. If you look at demonology's u-tube videos, you will see him doing wheelies now. His car is real fast now so he needs the adjustments. 9.0'[email protected] something. I would say that they are like laderbars or a mini 4 link, so you can make little adjustments to help the car bite and move forward instead of lifting the front tires. I am going to put them on my car, I don't want to go any faster than 10 flat, but I would like to have the adjustable ones for the $70. I am just waiting for the track to open here in Phoenix on January 24 so I can test the new tune from OST DYNO It is the first mod. Other than the the race pack things. Hope to run 10.80's in the 132 range. DA here is bad, hoping it will be in the 1100's. Most of the time it's 3000 to 4000. Lol Then the 10% pulley is going on with demon injectors. After that it's the 3.09's, rear lower bars and demon springs. I have all the stiff, it's just getting the runs to see what each thing does. When all is said and done it runs what it runs. If it's not 10 flat or so, i will get the hellraiser 2.85 upper. Of course tuning all the way, and driving it to the track..... Having a great time is what it's all about....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's great they are working for you. If you look at demonology's u-tube videos, you will see him doing wheelies now. His car is real fast now so he needs the adjustments. 9.0'[email protected] something. I would say that they are like laderbars or a mini 4 link, so you can make little adjustments to help the car bite and move forward instead of lifting the front tires. I am going to put them on my car, I don't want to go any faster than 10 flat, but I would like to have the adjustable ones for the $70. I am just waiting for the track to open here in Phoenix on January 24 so I can test the new tune from OST DYNO It is the first mod. Other than the the race pack things. Hope to run 10.80's in the 132 range. DA here is bad, hoping it will be in the 1100's. Most of the time it's 3000 to 4000. Lol Then the 10% pulley is going on with demon injectors. After that it's the 3.09's, rear lower bars and demon springs. I have all the stiff, it's just getting the runs to see what each thing does. When all is said and done it runs what it runs. If it's not 10 flat or so, i will get the hellraiser 2.85 upper. Of course tuning all the way, and driving it to the track..... Having a great time is what it's all about....
Very nice slow upgrade. I think it’s the way to do it. Yes, for me the control arms worked perfect, but I see why the adjustability. With those initial mods, you should be hitting 10 flat with good DA. I too have to wait for the track. (March). Car stock ran 10.932 @ 128 with a 1.678 60’. So I am sure I can hit a 10.7-10.8 with my current mods. And yes, it is very fun to play with the cars. At atlanta Dragway, where I go, if you hit 9’s, you you have to have a roll cage. So I’m def staying away from that.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
what are you getting for 60' times?
I got my best 60 foot,1.62 with 2.62 gears and launching @ 1100rpm all stock with drag pack. Hope it gets better now I have a tune from OST DYNO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts