SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,117 Posts
I had the 1st HC Charger to have 309 Gears installed !
A surprise gift from my husband
He had figured out 309 Gears and 18 inch wheels would be helpful to the Tuned Hellcats.

All I can say this is how the Demon was built.
309s are my most favorite mod!
309s allow my Hellcat to launch like a racecar should.And it does help the 60 ft.
If you want something past a Street car to a full time race car than have a 9 inch rear installed. There are more Gears that can be used when heading for the 8s.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
939 Posts
If you're going to run a taller tire like the 305 45 18 or 315 50 17 then the 3.09 is about perfect. Running the 305 45 17 and you just can't really go wrong with the 2.62

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had the 1st HC Charger to have 309 Gears installed !
A surprise gift from my husband
He had figured out 309 Gears and 18 inch wheels would be helpful to the Tuned Hellcats.

All I can say this is how the Demon was built.
309s are my most favorite mod!
309s allow my Hellcat to launch like a racecar should.And it does help the 60 ft.
If you want something pass a Street car to.full time race car than have a 9 inch rear installed. Gears can be different when heading for the 8s.

Thanks Linda, means alot coming from you!

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,652 Posts
I'm getting a tune and trans tune already, and I can get a brand new 3.09 for 650$
Still same thiught?
Me personally I would love to try a tune and trans tune. I would probably want to see what I could get with the 2.62 and then if I really had to have it, do the 3.09 later. That's just my opinion and it really only matters to me. 🙂
But I spend as much time as possible at the track. Easily once a week if not more.
For street driving I can see how the 3.09 would liven up the car. So that would be a personal choice for what you want. For me I like the cars manners the way it is.
650 is a good price and if it is something you want to do then 👍.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
I tried the 3.09`s and switched back to the 2.62`s . With a 28 inch(305/45/17) tire I found the 2.62`s better in my car at the track.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I tried the 3.09`s and switched back to the 2.62`s . With a 28 inch(305/45/17) tire I found the 2.62`s better in my car at the track.
Do you ever street, if so, which did you prefer on the street? I don't plan on tracking for 3+ years

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
31 Posts
I Frequently run against a 2015 hellcat with 3.09’s vs my 2017 hellcat with the 2.62. We use the same bravada 18 inch wheels and tires (drag radials, 305/40/20). Neither of us has a tune, both of us use VP octane boost to get to 93-95. He does have a one piece drive shaft. He is consistently about 0.15 to 0.18 seconds and 3+ mph faster then me in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I Frequently run against a 2015 hellcat with 3.09’s vs my 2017 hellcat with the 2.62. We use the same bravada 18 inch wheels and tires (drag radials, 305/40/20). Neither of us has a tune, both of us use VP octane boost to get to 93-95. He does have a one piece drive shaft. He is consistently about 0.15 to 0.18 seconds and 3+ mph faster then me in the 1/4 mile.
This is great for comparison, thank you. Are you both A8 or M6 (with similar 60ft)?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
31 Posts
Both A 8’s. His 60ft time is always faster by several hundredths of a second ).
As a side note on Sunday he forgot to mix in the octane boost (premium is only 90 octane in Alaska) and it was the first time my car could keep up. Both car’s had the same mph or I was ever so slightly faster and elapsed times were almost identical. After reviewing the slips he still maintained a slightly better 60ft time. I would pull slightly ahead in the second 1/8th of a mile.
On Labor Day he came back out with the correct gas and his car had the 3mph advantage and ET advantage he normally has.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
sick, thanks for this info. I took the plunge and ordered the diff. I spoke with the shop owner prior to the order and he said that it would be aligned with the direction in which I want to take the build. He also says that he loves the 3.09 on his Demon and has had a guy who had his HC stolen (with 3.09s), buy another one and immediately come in to get the 3.09s back because he was that hard up about the difference lol. So, I drop my car off Saturday and get it back next Saturday (since I live a couple hours away), so we will see!

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,652 Posts
Let me know how you like them.
I think they shine on the street honestly.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,117 Posts
@Toyak I'm glad you have actual Data and comparison because this is what we figured out @Top Cat my husband and [email protected] when my husband had the 309 gears installed in my Charger.

Thanks
Linda

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,117 Posts
How do you guys put the mods on the signature line below your posts? Lol
Go up to your Avatar picture.
Click and then you will see
My profile
Click for about and you will see the signature area.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts