SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
89 Posts
These cars are all about traction and they just don't have it. I have been drag racing for 5 years with my challenger hellcat and have about every mod available. The latest are bigger tires, drag shocks and rear suspension upgrades that have helped with the traction but now It is breaking parts. 3 driveshafts, BMR rear control arm and a ford 9 inch 3.00 differential. I have adjusted the tune and pulled power for a softer launch and am using a Mark Williams 2 piece driveshaft.
Better launches without spinning will give you a better ETA. I would keep the 2.62 and spend the money on tires.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
These cars are all about traction and they just don't have it. I have been drag racing for 5 years with my challenger hellcat and have about every mod available. The latest are bigger tires, drag shocks and rear suspension upgrades that have helped with the traction but now It is breaking parts. 3 driveshafts, BMR rear control arm and a ford 9 inch 3.00 differential. I have adjusted the tune and pulled power for a softer launch and am using a Mark Williams 2 piece driveshaft.
Better launches without spinning will give you a better ETA. I would keep the 2.62 and spend the money on tires.
Nice man, sounds great for your application. I already have radials, since it will be only street and absolutely 0 strip. Got the 3.09, and will be putting some 10.5 inch rears with fatter radials. Hope you get the traction you're looking for brother!

41 - 42 of 42 Posts