SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

3.8L Whipple??

887 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  WizzaVTX
Zdung Ho drops a 7.9 at 172 MPH - Resetting the Blower Only (Hp90, 8-speed) Record in the Hellcat Charger with a race weight of 4,365 lbs!
"A couple weeks ago, I finished swapping out my 3.0L Whipple for the 3.8L Whipple and man did it perform today. Whipple Superchargers ftw!" - Zdung Ho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,570 Posts
Z has done amazing work and has always set his goals High.
I watched him on here doing all his own R&D and T&T on here. On his journey he was helpful with his knowledge and experience from the track!

I see him at the track now and then. It;s pretty amazing what he does!

WTG! @zhc Congrats on the Goal!

Linda :)

· Registered
780 Posts
Whipple seems to be determined to run up the score, not just win.
Guys who are engineers and design guys and have actual experience in this field can likely answer this question:

"Does it add less heat to IAT to more-slowly turn a bigger blower than more quickly turn a smaller one?"

I'm not asking the question of anyone, just wondering out loud, discussing.

I know the whole point is more moreness with some more sauce on top of MOAR MOAR MOAR, but if one could eke out more efficiency, is it theoretically possible?

If you turned a 3.8L blower at (3.0/3.8) times as fast as a 3.0L blower, would it not produce the same (already awesome) power with a cooler IAT and maybe allow more spark advance etc?

Please, for us fan boys, please, hot rod aftermarket, don't up and die.

· Registered
(1250whp Forged turbo wk2)(Hellscat widebody charger)(Lifted f250 super duty)
93 Posts
Yea man they came along way from the blower the put out before, the 2.9 for the srt are complete trash and everything else aswell .. but the new whipple is a absolute monster 👿

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
889 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts