SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my new rear mickey thompson today. I plan on installing on my stock 9.5" hellcat rims this weekend. First impressions are these are wide as hell compared to stock tire. They look bad ass to. I have heard they will fit fine on a stock hellcat rim with stock suspension. We will find out this weekend once i get mounted i will keep you posted. 20170216_113849.jpg

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,517 Posts
I got my new rear mickey thompson et streets today. I plan on installing on my stock 9.5" hellcat rims this weekend. First impressions are these are wide as hell compared to stock tire. They look bad ass to. I have heard they will fit fine on a stock hellcat rim with stock suspension. We will find out this weekend once i get mounted i will keep you posted. View attachment 143545

I could be mistaken, but I believe those are the Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires, not the ET Streets.

Those are ultra-high performance street tires and the MT ET Street S/S are drag radials.

Reactions: Merheb84

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes you are correct i was lost in the size of these bad boys..cant wait to try them out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
879 Posts
I hope those work ok on the stock rim. The recommended minimum wheel width for those tires is 10". I know the Nitto 555R tires in that size fit ok on the stock rim, but those supposedly run narrow. I'm anxious to hear how it goes both from a size standpoint and performance standpoint.

Frank

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,809 Posts
I got my new rear mickey thompson today. I plan on installing on my stock 9.5" hellcat rims this weekend. First impressions are these are wide as hell compared to stock tire. They look bad ass to. I have heard they will fit fine on a stock hellcat rim with stock suspension. We will find out this weekend once i get mounted i will keep you posted. View attachment 143545
They look nice. Please post your reviews of the tire when you get a chance.
How much were they?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,471 Posts
It would be better and in accordance with their recommendations if you used their 275/40 on 9.5" rims. Can someone explain how a 9.5" wide wheel can provide a platform for a section width of over 12"?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,471 Posts
STRAIGHT LINE!!!!
I agree/understand Mo-par but the contact patch of rubber meeting the road does not change with a 9.5" wide wheel putting down the pressure. If he burns off a 275/40 or a 305/35 with the same 9.5" wheel the same width of rubber will be present and it won't grow with the "wider" tire present. Also the tire can't work to its optimum with a big bow in the sidewall. I have proved it to myself. The rubber from my 315/35's on my 10.5" wheel remains in the street outside my home, it measures about 10.5". I am guilty myself of wasting cash on too big of tires.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
143 Posts
Street comps are just an average street radial tire and will not offer much added traction over stock rubber, its just a hard 300 treadwear street radial. MPSS or Conti DW's are far superior than Street Comps.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,761 Posts
Curious to hear how you like them and see how well they fit. How wide are they? Measure them and the stock Pirellis when they come off if you can

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,346 Posts
Bigger looks better who cares about wasting money. 305/35/20 mt's are my next daily driver tire. Dr's of course.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look nice. Please post your reviews of the tire when you get a chance.
How much were they?
Hi MABBRYFL30 they were 207 each from american muscle website i use for mt stang also had best price. I will let you know tomorrow evening on review

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Evening

Got old ones unmounted taking to my friends at goodyear in the am to mount. Jeffe they measure about 12.5" aproxx. Have to use a 22mm socket fyi still looking for torc spec i think 111lbs will confirm. Didnt want the shop unbolting could scratch rim so i did it gently with no issue. I must say this car is heavy when i jacked it up way more than mt 12' 5.0..few pics of progress will post tomorrow on results. 20170217_195623.jpg 20170217_193057.jpg 20170217_195521.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi all,

Recieved my tires back from goodyear. 1st empressions bad ass looking. Got home mounted up 20mins torq to 111lbs with 22m deep socket. They look sweet checked all the spaces and gaps seem to fit all they way around all clear. Max closeness about finger space.

It is about to rain here florida so got to go for a quick spin. As i left my house and turned the corner i felt loose or i was scared what did i forget to tighten.. no lol it was just nee and slick so it slide a little. I hammered down in 1st to clean then left 2 nice dark strips much better now.

Went thru 5 twisty in road handle nice. Feel great i was able to hammer down for a sec and way less spin gripped nicely after little spin hooked nice in 2nd. Now its raining so headed home will test more. I am uploading bunch of pics and measurments seems to be min 10.25" on ground or more for contact. Sorry for the book i just wrote. 20170218_140200_resized.jpg 20170218_135319_resized.jpg 20170218_135310_resized.jpg 20170218_140033_resized.jpg 20170218_135043_resized.jpg
20170218_135435_resized.jpg

Reactions: BEASTMODE504

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 42 Posts