SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,257 Posts
Sahak.....where you been man? Haven't see you on the forum for a month or so. Good to see you are still checkin' in. How goes your HC hunt?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
No way in hell I'd roll with a 315 on a 9.5" wide wheel. 305 is already pushing it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
Evil gtr says it's fine
Oh, well then it must be OK......

Just because a tire fits on a rim, it does not mean it is safe, fits as it should, or is providing better/optimal performance. Nitto even States the lowest width rim a NT05R 315 should be on is a 10.5"!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
No way in hell I'd roll with a 315 on a 9.5" wide wheel. 305 is already pushing it.
Exactly. There is a reason why manufacturers provide rim size recommendations for their tires. I understand Nitto tires tend to run more narrow than others, but putting a 315 width tire on a 9.5" rim is like a "little" guy wearing a Magnum just to say "he can wear it".
If you want wider tires, buy wider rims, although the 305 Nitto is as far as I would consider going.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,882 Posts
I sure hope 25 mm 10.5" wide solves it. Several of us should know in 2-3 weeks. I can tell you it is not a cheap solution.

I have the Nitto on the rears. I can tell you laterally they scare the hell out of me. Whipped a corner once a couple weeks ago right after they were mounted, and I think they about folded. Just saying that is an example of the ragged edge we are risking with the 305's on 9.5". Going to the dragstrip great, we will mount em back up. But, that will be the last of that action until I can get some street tires mounted on the new wheels when they come. Can't wait to explore some corners after that with some properly mounted large style rear meats!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
93 Posts
Well, Nitto and M&H run smaller in size, even in 315. A Nitto or M&H tire in 315 will be considerably less wide than a Michelin PSS in 315...... I will say that its not recommended and I have not had any issues, yet. I notice when I ran them at 15PSI the car moved around a little under WOT....its because the tire is too big and I know that. I run them at 35PSI on the street and have had no issues, I plan on going with the M&H next.

Just experimenting here guys, no need to start getting huffy. If anyone else wants to pony up for the sake of experimenting for the community be my guest....

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,882 Posts
Sorry, just sitting around in a circle chatting, don't take it wrong. Thanks for being a pioneer.

So got a question to help me sleep. Just how much space is between the wheel and that rib on the rear right ---- front liner?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
Pics of 315 on stockers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.