SRT Hellcat Forum banner

392 WB Markup

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  kobee 
#1 ·
Local Dodge Dealer is trying to get 5K over MSRP for 392 WB. Seems crazy on a FY21. Thoughts?

#5 ·
Supply and demand as others have said. I would order what you want specifically and go that route in this environment. Especially from one of the dealers giving them at under invoice. Those savings along pay for the shipping costs

#6 ·
It's because it’s right there, right now. You will always pay more for the convenience.
2022 orders have already begun btw and you can get 5% below invoice like HellcatHellYeah said, if you dont mind ordering, waiting, and traveling. I’m fine with all three. Then you would get a ‘22 exactly how you want it for less than a ‘21.

#9 ·
Here in Knoxville TN, most dealerships have lots with a lot of used cars but very few new ones. Dodge dealership just sold a used 2021 Charger Scat Pack for $2000 over the original MSRP and the ride had over 20,000 miles on the clock. I looked up the original price on the Dodge build website and told my old salesman he was nuts! But they are selling them

#13 ·
its the norm around me in massachusetts. local dealer had a 2021 used redeye they wanted $15k over sticker and it had 5000 miles on it, car is gone no idea what they actually got. left over 2021 gt500s are still getting $25k over sticker. its madness.

#14 ·
Im a sales person at dodge in hawaii where the prices are the highest in the nation, and people are still buying no problem. If you dont like the price dont buy. Its just numbers, its not a personal attack on you. Dealershi[ps will be more willing to discount a special order if you wait. But just because we are willing to discount orders does not mean we are willing to do the same for inventory. Dealerships cant buy however much cars they want, we are limited to the hands of the part allocations and how much cars the manufacturer allows us to order. So if we only get 1 scat pack this month but have 20 customers looking. We arent going to discount it a dime. My advice to any buyers, would be to order, dont buy cars that are hot commodities, or simply dont buy! We arent just saying screw it lets mark it up. Theres certain reasons behind eveything you are seeing. WE ARE IN A NEW WORLD. If you can find the deal, all the power to you! Congrats. But speaking for the masses, Thats how it is on our end. Hope i Could help with everyones search! Not here to sell anything! Just here to let everyone know what the dealerships perspective is so you guys can hopefully use that to youre advantage shopping! You want to beat the dealer, be prepared for what hes going to say! We do that with all of our customers, it makes you that much stronger negotiating!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.