SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

3K Over Sticker

6340 Views 68 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Badass69
I have the opportunity to buy a Hellcat at 3K over sticker. Would anyone take the offer. Used hellcats are selling in the Dallas used car market for 68-72K used, or at least I am told that.
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,911 Posts
Currently, if the car has exactly what you want, 3k over is not bad at all. The current supply and demand is getting dealers 5-15k over MSRP, which is insane. You can find them for MSRP if you look out of state, but it might not have all of the options you want. If you are really set on paying no more than MSRP, then wait it out until supply and demand lessens, but if you want one badly and it has the exact options, then 3k is a bit better than the "norm" right now. I really do hope Chrysler cracks down on this, because the more people that pay way over MSRP there are, the more dealers will stick to their guns knowing they will eventually get it. I know the dealerships near me in NY are all getting 10-15k over, but that's NY for you.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
Currently, if the car has exactly what you want, 3k over is not bad at all. The current supply and demand is getting dealers 5-15k over MSRP, which is insane. You can find them for MSRP if you look out of state, but it might not have all of the options you want. If you are really set on paying no more than MSRP, then wait it out until supply and demand lessens, but if you want one badly and it has the exact options, then 3k is a bit better than the "norm" right now. I really do hope Chrysler cracks down on this, because the more people that pay way over MSRP there are, the more dealers will stick to their guns knowing they will eventually get it. I know the dealerships near me in NY are all getting 10-15k over, but that's NY for you.
If it is close to what you want and on the lot...do it. There are a number of dealers who are taking orders at MSRP, who want a deposit...some 5K...and you have no idea when it will come in...July 2015 if you are lucky. I heard from a dealer that customer orders will be cut off at 6pm F 2/13. Laguna leather and the brass monkey rims are on restriction. I think my head is going to explode. I am patient but this whole process is FUBAR!!. I had a dealer tell me that he would sell me a car for $2,750 over MSRP and order what I want. We are talking SOCAL mind you, but I have no hope it gets here by July. So then what...hold off till 2016 order open up ? I bet we will still be chasing our tails...lol

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
you most likely can find your car today for a few over but I I doubt in SoCA .
Yes, you are correct...but with dealer stock order being stopped...I think...those that are on lots become more valuable. I am seriously thinking of placing my order for a fewK over sticker, get what I want and be hopeful for delivery in 5-6 months. This dealer is within 50 miles from my home so face to face meetings would occur. I am just leery of ordering out of state at MSRP, putting down a deposit, then flying out to get it home. If you fly out there, they have you by the [email protected]@lls. At least here in socal, I can walk away

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Yes, you are correct...but with dealer stock order being stopped...I think...those that are on lots become more valuable. I am seriously thinking of placing my order for a fewK over sticker, get what I want and be hopeful for delivery in 5-6 months. This dealer is within 50 miles from my home so face to face meetings would occur. I am just leery of ordering out of state at MSRP, putting down a deposit, then flying out to get it home. If you fly out there, they have you by the [email protected]@lls. At least here in socal, I can walk away
true true

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
I live in SoCal bought mine in Arkansas

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
you most likely can find your car today for a few over but I I doubt in SoCA .
SoCal is 5K to 20K.......and to get 5K you better know someone at a Dealer..........I paid 5K but that was for an Allocated car that has what I want and have no regrets, just a long wait, but soon, very soon........:)

Like Jim said he went Arkansas to get his deal........He might have saved 3K after transport and such things.......He would have to chime in on that, since I have no idea what options he has.......

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
Well did you get it ??? You can't keep us hanging :D
Placed order with dealer yesterday. Said he could change a C status to what I want. Paid just under 3Kover Msrp but will have to get to the back of the line. Maybe I will see it in July/Aug....who knows.Got the Ivory White with A8. Thats it...all else standard equip. Perhaps this simplistic order will help me avoid the delays associated with the production restrictions that come with the different options.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Decided not to take the Hellcat at 3k over MSRP. The dealer didn't have a n allocation anyway. I am getting frustrated, I am not good at waiting, it has only been a month and a half, but seems like a year. If this keeps up I'll just keep my Shelby! Two dealers no allocations.

· SSDD
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,478 Posts
But according to the allocation rules you should know if your dealer has an allocation and their sales record. I mean they must post that info on a giant billboard out front or something. FCA says it's an easy system :rolleyes:

As for 3k, if it was what you wanted, I would and then squeeze them for free oil changes every 3k for 36k or something.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
my dealer started at 15k adm, then 5k adm, then 3k adm...then MSRP

i didnt take the $3k adm......pay it or roll the dice......i have a moral issue with paying more than MSRP....i feel MSRP is $3k overpaying for this car as it is.....ive never paid msrp for anything before

if you really want it and dont want to lose it offer $1k adm and see where it goes

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
86 Posts
I wish more thought like you then no dealer would be able to charge over MSRP unless they wanted to sit on the cars. I would never pay over either! Don't know how those paying an ADM can feel good about their purchase knowing they have been gouged!

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
price gouging - pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available
Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities at a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. This rapid increase in prices occurs after a demand or supply shock: examples include price increases after hurricanes or other natural disasters.....
None of this applies! Get in line and wait your turn or you can pay more for a spot up front.
Some might say that to judge others based on their choice on how to spend money they earned is much worse then a dishonest dealer.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
most of your fellow HC brothers seem to be paying ADM still.......im glad to see its not $10k+ anymore....glad to see its down to $3k range

what i find funny is guys paying adm on ordered cars....i can see $3k adm on a car on the lot, but i dont understand paying just to order......

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
I wish more thought like you then no dealer would be able to charge over MSRP unless they wanted to sit on the cars. I would never pay over either! Don't know how those paying an ADM can feel good about their purchase knowing they have been gouged!
if that were true most here posting wouldnt be feeling good......i paid msrp...i feel great.....i think msrp is a rip off.....id prefer to pay a normal price (-$3k off msrp)....i feel a bit gouged just paying msrp.....

lots of rich guys here that want the car at any price and dont want to wait or put extra effort into finding msrp

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
86 Posts
price gouging - pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available
Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities at a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. This rapid increase in prices occurs after a demand or supply shock: examples include price increases after hurricanes or other natural disasters.....
None of this applies! Get in line and wait your turn or you can pay more for a spot up front.
Some might say that to judge others based on their choice on how to spend money they earned is much worse then a dishonest dealer.
Apparently you are one that paid a little too much!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.