SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Was at first, 8lbs on an open bypass. Smoothboost sent a more powerful controller.

Watch it on an endoscope via Bluetooth, it's closing now.

Lot of movement there. That’s the one thing I like about the hellcats - electronic bypass controlled by the pcm. Smooth boost is still mechanical, it’s just controlled by throttle input. Doesn’t whipple have just the vaccum referenced mechanical bypass for the gen5? I would try that and see if you’re still having issues. I’d bet it has something to do with the smooth boost, it’s a pretty new product

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Well, for my build, seems like everything points to Pettys Garage really. I am asking myself how they could have really tuned the car with it throwing the codes it did when it was shipped out to me. Given that the freeze plug over that oil filler port is gone, and I am pretty sure it was missing at delivery date, I mean, how could they have tuned it?

Think about it. If the car had enough blow by to blow a plug I would think I would be seeing alot of burning oil and other issues from the car. I am not seeing that. So, what would have caused the plug to get blown out? I mean, I am thinking the tune will have to be worked on which I already paid for. They will not do anything unless I take the car back. That means, I send the car back, they just break it more.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Well, for my build, seems like everything points to Pettys Garage really. I am asking myself how they could have really tuned the car with it throwing the codes it did when it was shipped out to me. Given that the freeze plug over that oil filler port is gone, and I am pretty sure it was missing at delivery date, I mean, how could they have tuned it?

Think about it. If the car had enough blow by to blow a plug I would think I would be seeing alot of burning oil and other issues from the car. I am not seeing that. So, what would have caused the plug to get blown out? I mean, I am thinking the tune will have to be worked on which I already paid for. They will not do anything unless I take the car back. That means, I send the car back, they just break it more.
Pressurized crankcase

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
They are even saying I was the one that cut the filter open. THis is to much. THey are stealing from me. They even asked "I dont know why you keep calling." this morning. Yeap. Just told them I would continue to call as I gave them alot of money and they need to make right.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,483 Posts
You get the freeze plug from whipple yet? I bet the car runs fine once it’s installed. I would change the oil multiple time and see if it gets better
I dunno. If you can't trust it was done right I wouldn't sleep well or dare drive it before tearing it apart and checking it all thoroughly. I'd rather be sure than risk it destroying itself.

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk "stock"
218 Posts
New oil run it for 15 - 20 mins drain and inspect. Get a endo/boroscope up thru drain plug and have a look at piston bottoms

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk "stock"
218 Posts
Wondering what I paid all that money for.
To fund the shops pet projects.

The average Joe off the street is just cannon fodder, getting the tier 3 guys working on there cars.

Tier 3 guy breaks $hit, shop isn't gonna eat cost, they'll figure out how to screw customer into paying for it.

Every last one of these big names have screwed someone over.

Most customers will never show up on forums complaining, just eat the $hit and try to make it work or pay twice for someone else to fix it.

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk "stock"
218 Posts
I have a couple guys that have tried that telling me it’s next to impossible to get the trans tune right if ya do. Is that why you changed yer mind?
Thanks for info.

I'd go all the way if I did, a complete hellcat swap, just not worth it to me now having the Trackhawk in waiting.

I'll get this sorted as best I can then sell.

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
Thanks for info.

I'd go all the way if I did, a complete hellcat swap, just not worth it to me now having the Trackhawk in waiting.

I'll get this sorted as best I can then sell.
There was one of those jeeps running low 6’s at 115 last night. Sick

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
To fund the shops pet projects.

The average Joe off the street is just cannon fodder, getting the tier 3 guys working on there cars.

Tier 3 guy breaks $hit, shop isn't gonna eat cost, they'll figure out how to screw customer into paying for it.

Every last one of these big names have screwed someone over.

Most customers will never show up on forums complaining, just eat the $hit and try to make it work or pay twice for someone else to fix it.
💯💯💯💯

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I dont know, if you guys that have been reading this support my cause, send a email. Nasty, nice... doesnt matter. Would be nice to see the community send them a bunch of emails letting them know how shit this all is.

Stephen Moffitt <[email protected]>
Rob Celendano <[email protected]>
Chris Hussey <[email protected]>
Alex Stavrolakis <[email protected]>

They'll probably laugh at it. But really, if 10% of the people the read this thread sent a email to them stating how crappy it is to do this to someone ( assuming you believe me and the information I have posted ), it might get someone attention. I doubt it. But, its obvious they could care less about me, my car, or the money I spent. They probably think they are justified in doing this. I doubt they are even considering my point of view or perspective. Serious, shoot them all a email ... it might help me out. I know that the thumbs up on the yelp reviews seem to have helped that review remain active and towards the top.

121 - 140 of 204 Posts