SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 · (Edited)
It is a factory block. The 6.4 block is used all the time. Its common. The 6.2 is from the new stroke.

No, no its not. The block they put back in my car has a different water jacket design, weaker. Car is still on jack stands, got late. Still have to drop the oil again to run the bore scope up through the oil pan to check if they put the billet main caps on it. My back is just messed up, takes me longer to do these checks now.

The oil that came out with 9 miles on it is already pitch black and had more metal in it. The work, on paper showed that my block was supposed to be used because its is vin matched to the car.

Whipple super charger is non functional as it blew the seals. Whipple sent the parts to replace it. Pettys wants the car back at my cost. But, they have very dishonest, to include Eric Hruza. Hruza even spoke to me on the phone, begging me not to say that he was talking to me. ASked me 4 or 5 times if I was recording. It seems though, based on that conversation, I was told "Pettys knows they screwed up. They are trying to limit the cost at this point.". Whether that statement from Hruza is true or not, I dont know. I told him last night when I discovered that :

1. The picture he sent me of "your motor" was not my motor. Not even a hellcat BGE. Not even the motor that is installed in my car now.
2. The motor in the car matches with a 2011 to 2017 6.4 BGE block. Vin prefix is a JH which seems to indicate it was a 392 block. ITs not the same.

While the HC 6.2 does get plate honed. The eraly 392 BGE motors did not have the same water jacket design, I checked on that.

The car vin and motor vin are linked as well. What they sent me, its not the block that was in the car when I sent it in. IT is supposed to have been.

I told Eric Hruza he is a lying sack of sh*t. I just got off the hone with the police up that way. This could possibly be considered Theft by conversion if they can not produce my block.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
The 6.2’s are the same as the 6.4’s now depending on when it was manufactured

Not for the 2011 to 2017 BGE JH prefix. Did the research. Its not the same. ITs also not the vin that is supposed to be tied to my car.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bro dont believe everything u read on the internet......

Sounds like uve stepped into a giant shitball nonetheless and im truly sorry about that and would not want to be in ur shoes.

Reactions: shademaker

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No, no its not. The block they put back in my car has a different water jacket design, weaker. Car is still on jack stands, got late. Still have to drop the oil again to run the bore scope up through the oil pan to check if they put the billet main caps on it. My back is just messed up, takes me longer to do these checks now.

The oil that came out with 9 miles on it is already pitch black and had more metal in it. The work, on paper showed that my block was supposed to be used because its is vin matched to the car.

Whipple super charger is non functional as it blew the seals. Whipple sent the parts to replace it. Pettys wants the car back at my cost. But, they have very dishonest, to include Eric Hruza. Hruza even spoke to me on the phone, begging me not to say that he was talking to me. ASked me 4 or 5 times if I was recording. It seems though, based on that conversation, I was told "Pettys knows they screwed up. They are trying to limit the cost at this point.". Whether that statement from Hruza is true or not, I dont know. I told him last night when I discovered that :

1. The picture he sent me of "your motor" was not my motor. Not even a hellcat BGE. Not even the motor that is installed in my car now.
2. The motor in the car matches with a 2011 to 2017 6.4 BGE block. Vin prefix is a JH which seems to indicate it was a 392 block. ITs not the same.

While the HC 6.2 does get plate honed. The eraly 392 BGE motors did not have the same water jacket design, I checked on that.

The car vin and motor vin are linked as well. What they sent me, its not the block that was in the car when I sent it in. IT is supposed to have been.

I told Eric Hruza he is a lying sack of sh*t. I just got off the hone with the police up that way. This could possibly be considered Theft by conversion if they can not produce my block.
Yep if you have it in writing in a contract they were supposed to use your vin matching block and different block is in there not much they can do sounds open/shut to me

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think ur getting a little ahead of urself here...... Different blocks are used all the time its very common. Of course if my motor went there with my original block and now it has a different I would surely want to know why?

Sometimes shit breaks while street tuning or dyno tuning but they usually tell u that tho lol but the replacement of a block being a 6.4 is fine.

Im not trying to get u anymore upset than u already are but it seems like ur just leaving out some details. How did the whole different block come to ur attention anyway?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If you do decide to part out I’ll give you 3k and a low mile supercharger from a 2018 already pullied (not that litens clutched crap) for the whipple along with Fi supercharger spacers, AAD supercharger idler pulley/bracket, Jlt intake with spare brand new in package filter, along with stock air box/tube. delivered in person @shademaker

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
I think ur getting a little ahead of urself here...... Different blocks are used all the time its very common. Of course if my motor went there with my original block and now it has a different I would surely want to know why?

Sometimes shit breaks while street tuning or dyno tuning but they usually tell u that tho lol but the replacement of a block being a 6.4 is fine.

Im not trying to get u anymore upset than u already are but it seems like ur just leaving out some details. How did the whole different block come to ur attention anyway?

Well, when I started going through everything that was sent to me by Hruza I came across a picture of the block vin where he texted me with "Just wanted you to have the vin off your block." . Well, thats the wrong block. It was not even a hellcat block. So, given the metal in the oil and everything else, I decided to rent a bore scope and get under the car to see what I could verify. Thats when I found that the block was not correct for my car. This car was built for me, like many others on this forum. Its important to me, which is why it was called out in the quote, that the stock block beused for the build.

With the transmission not seeiming to be new or correct, I just started looking at the details of what I had physically in front of me. Thats how I found out. Hruza telling me on a call that "...Pettys is trying to limit the cost at this point." . It raised flags. I started digging into it.

And the blocks are not the same. the 9 prefix BGE, from research, has a different and stronger water jacket. The bores are siamesed further down the cylinder. OUtside of it not being what I gave them money to do, it is also a weaker block. Multiple web site that go into the difference of the blocks and how to identify them.

The trans. Well, they blew the one up, so they told me, that was in the car as shipped. They stated it blew doing 35 mile per hour. A Mr. Moffit told me that. Tremec, SRT, and the Dodge dealer ship shop that installed it, seemed to feel that story was horse sh*t. Either way, it is not vin tied to the car or block. I agreed to it being replaced as long as it was a OEM Hellcat TR6060. Whats in the car has had all the part number stickers removed. It sounds like the planetary gears are dogged out, shifts notchy as hell when the car was being driven. I think they swapped in a scat pack trans. NOBODY was able to get the TR6060 for a hellcat at that time. They came up with a unmarked, what appears to be a rebuild, in 1 day, delivered to the shop on the 2nd day? Nah, sounds like bs to me. Looking under the car, looks like BS as well.

Bottom line, I am only posting this so others know to be very careful when dealing with Pettys or Eric Hruza. It would be nice if everyone believed me, I know they wont. But, I am sharing details of the physical stuff that is in my possession right now. It shows EXACTLY what was done.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If you do decide to part out I’ll give you 3k and a low mile supercharger from a 2018 already pullied (not that litens clutched crap) for the whipple along with Fi supercharger spacers, AAD supercharger idler pulley/bracket, Jlt intake with spare brand new in package filter, along with stock air box/tube. delivered in person @shademaker
Not a bad deal

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fair enough...... Again, sorry ur going thru this I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy! Cant imagine the frustration u must be going thru. Would not wanna be in ur shoes thats for sure. U put ur trust in a shop and expect a turn-key bad-ass car and obviously that is NOT what u got!

U should sell me that Whipple tho.....lol J/K.

Well, when I started going through everything that was sent to me by Hruza I came across a picture of the block vin where he texted me with "Just wanted you to have the vin off your block." . Well, thats the wrong block. It was not even a hellcat block. So, given the metal in the oil and everything else, I decided to rent a bore scope and get under the car to see what I could verify. Thats when I found that the block was not correct for my car. This car was built for me, like many others on this forum. Its important to me, which is why it was called out in the quote, that the stock block beused for the build.

With the transmission not seeiming to be new or correct, I just started looking at the details of what I had physically in front of me. Thats how I found out. Hruza telling me on a call that "...Pettys is trying to limit the cost at this point." . It raised flags. I started digging into it.

And the blocks are not the same. the 9 prefix BGE, from research, has a different and stronger water jacket. The bores are siamesed further down the cylinder. OUtside of it not being what I gave them money to do, it is also a weaker block. Multiple web site that go into the difference of the blocks and how to identify them.

The trans. Well, they blew the one up, so they told me, that was in the car as shipped. They stated it blew doing 35 mile per hour. A Mr. Moffit told me that. Tremec, SRT, and the Dodge dealer ship shop that installed it, seemed to feel that story was horse sh*t. Either way, it is not vin tied to the car or block. I agreed to it being replaced as long as it was a OEM Hellcat TR6060. Whats in the car has had all the part number stickers removed. It sounds like the planetary gears are dogged out, shifts notchy as hell when the car was being driven. I think they swapped in a scat pack trans. NOBODY was able to get the TR6060 for a hellcat at that time. They came up with a unmarked, what appears to be a rebuild, in 1 day, delivered to the shop on the 2nd day? Nah, sounds like bs to me. Looking under the car, looks like BS as well.

Bottom line, I am only posting this so others know to be very careful when dealing with Pettys or Eric Hruza. It would be nice if everyone believed me, I know they wont. But, I am sharing details of the physical stuff that is in my possession right now. It shows EXACTLY what was done.

Reactions: shademaker

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk "stock"
218 Posts
Pulling the same Shit Hennessey was doing to the Viper community.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,146 Posts
Honestly, life's short and the less headaches the better. Get an attorney, turn it over to them, and let them sort it for you is my advice. Eric Hruza has a long history of this exact thing and is a large part in why the previous company he ran went under, A2Speed, and why Arrington Performance went under and was bought out under his management. It's crazy people still work with him.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts