SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

So my modified 2.80 Griptec pulley, catless mids, ID 1050 Injectors, JLT Intake and tunefor race gas by team hellcat kitty made 803 RWHP on a dynojet through a 6 speed manual.

Because I am not ready for drag racing due to stock driveshaft and clutch, i have been testing using 60 - 130 on the racelogic V-box. Here is what I have found

First Run : 76 degrees
2nd - 4th gear = 7.2 sec

Second Run : 71 degrees
2nd - 3rd gear @ 6700 rpm = 6.8 sec

Third Run : 65 degrees
2nd - 3rd gear @ 6700 rpm = 6.3 sec

Forth Run : 72 degrees
2nd - 3rd gear = 6.6 sec

I have attached images below but here is what I learned so far.
- start at 45 mph
- take each gear to almost redline (mine is 6900 with tune)
- make sure your IATs are cool as possible
- try to be on a flat non sloped surface

My Future Goals :
- try again on a 50 degree day with negative Air density for a 6.1 sec time
- add smaller 2.75 pulley, heat exchanger, short shifter, upgraded clutch, retune for 860+ rwhp = 5.8 sec or lower time

Attachments

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,343 Posts
Now that's hauling butt.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,695 Posts
Hey Guys,

So my modified 2.80 Griptec pulley, catless mids, ID 1050 Injectors, JLT Intake and tunefor race gas by team hellcat kitty made 803 RWHP on a dynojet through a 6 speed manual.

Because I am not ready for drag racing due to stock driveshaft and clutch, i have been testing using 60 - 130 on the racelogic V-box. Here is what I have found

First Run : 76 degrees
2nd - 4th gear = 7.2 sec

Second Run : 71 degrees
2nd - 3rd gear @ 6700 rpm = 6.8 sec

Third Run : 65 degrees
2nd - 3rd gear @ 6700 rpm = 6.3 sec

Forth Run : 72 degrees
2nd - 3rd gear = 6.6 sec

I have attached images below but here is what I learned so far.
- start at 45 mph
- take each gear to almost redline (mine is 6900 with tune)
- make sure your IATs are cool as possible
- try to be on a flat non sloped surface

My Future Goals :
- try again on a 50 degree day with negative Air density for a 6.1 sec time
- add smaller 2.75 pulley, heat exchanger, short shifter, upgraded clutch, retune for 860+ rwhp = 5.8 sec or lower time
Looks like you were figuring it out. That is a very stout time you are running. Low 6 second is beating lots of supercars and sports cars. Once you get into the high 5’s you are now running against sport bikes and stomping most everything. Low 5’s and you are darn near untouchable unless whatever your running is highly modified.

Keep it up man.

I would also think your shift is slowing you by at least .2-.4 seconds as the A8 just shifts faster.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,621 Posts
What’s your 0 to 100 on the street? Are u in the 6s or low 7s?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,338 Posts
I had some great conditions in a Redeye early last Monday morning, DA was about 1500'. I looked at a few laps for 60-130 mph. Best a stock RE is about 9.7 sec! I had to do some math, because the only spot I can get a 60-130 is between laps, but I think I did it right, I looked at about six combos. Lots of high nines.

You are flying!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had some great conditions in a Redeye early last Monday morning, DA was about 1500'. I looked at a few laps for 60-130 mph. Best a stock RE is about 9.7 sec! I had to do some math, because the only spot I can get a 60-130 is between laps, but I think I did it right, I looked at about six combos. Lots of high nines.

You are flying!
That number sounds high, what speed are you starting from?

My estimate for a redeye should be 7.6 - 7.8

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,695 Posts

You are flying!
That does seem too slow. You need a vbox or dragy

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,338 Posts
Maybe I have a slow one. I sampled several laps on a road course. For the hell of it, I just timed it manually watching the video. Get upper nines. Looked at the old Hellcat videos also just to check, manual timed one lap at nine and another at 9.5 seconds. Same two cars blow away about every Corvette and any other car up this straight. You are flying!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,338 Posts
Maybe because I am easing into it at the 60mph coming out of a corner, we have the couple second problem?? It is not a WOT at 60, it takes a few to get it open and confident we are not going to turn it to spinning gunk as we need to go over the starting line at BIR and up the straight.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,695 Posts
Maybe because I am easing into it at the 60mph coming out of a corner, we have the couple second problem?? It is not a WOT at 60, it takes a few to get it open and confident we are not going to turn it to spinning gunk as we need to go over the starting line at BIR and up the straight.
Yeah I think it’s something like that. It’s hard to judge it based of a video and just trying to time it.

Make a clean it with a recording device and check it. I would say high 7’s for sure.

9seconds think about 1/4 mile times. If you high 9’s from 60-130 then just add the 0-60 from the hit and you got a 1/4 mile time.

Your a solid 11 to high 10 second car. So do the math.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts