SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Labor Day family hope all has been going well. I have been reading a lot of automotive articles and seem like with all these electric vehicles in our near future seem like us old timers are going to start getting smoked by a 2023 Ford Focus or a 2023 Chevy sonic or a 2023 Nissan Altima all standard with 700hp electric motors lol guess we all need to start learning to drive in the slow lane guys ha ha

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Some of those electric cars are beasts. AWD, instant torque, no shifts ETC. I think it’s pretty cool and would love to drive one with equal or more power that the Hellcat. There is something, however, about the Hellcat that is so fun to drive. It’s not perfect, but it sounds awesome, has gobs of torque, shifts hard and looks badass. It’s a visceral experience that I don’t know if a EV can match.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,672 Posts
Good Labor Day family hope all has been going well. I have been reading a lot of automotive articles and seem like with all these electric vehicles in our near future seem like us old timers are going to start getting smoked by a 2023 Ford Focus or a 2023 Chevy sonic or a 2023 Nissan Altima all standard with 700hp electric motors lol guess we all need to start learning to drive in the slow lane guys ha ha
Yeah but what’s the top speed? Are they going to hit 150 on 215-235’s tires lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Boy, that grass sure is greener over there, isn't it? Early this spring I was wearing a Hellcat jacket and a high school-age kid came up to me and asked "Do you really drive a Hellcat?" When I said I do, he smiled and nodded and said "Cool.". In fact, nearly every time I wear a Hellcat jacket or baseball hat I get asked if I own one. Ever see anything like that happen with a Ford Focus or Chevy Sonic or Nissan Altima? Or Tesla?

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
100 Posts
Boy, that grass sure is greener over there, isn't it? Early this spring I was wearing a Hellcat jacket and a high school-age kid came up to me and asked "Do you really drive a Hellcat?" When I said I do, he smiled and nodded and said "Cool.". In fact, nearly every time I wear a Hellcat jacket or baseball hat I get asked if I own one. Ever see anything like that happen with a Ford Focus or Chevy Sonic or Nissan Altima? Or Tesla?
This right here. When I had my Scatpack, I would get a lot of compliments and from time to time I would see someone posing with my car for a picture or whatever. I've had my Redeye since last week and I don't think that one day has gone by where I haven't had some kid or even grownup ask if it was mine or give a compliment on the car.

Last night I was out to dinner with a couple long time friends; one who owns a very modified Tesla Model X and the other a nicely modified Model S. My car was parked next to theirs and we were just bs'ing, and literally no less than a dozen different people walked past us and as they did, I'd get a "nice hellcat" or something similar. A few would even ask if they could take a picture and would mention something about only seeing them in magazines and this was the first time seeing a real one. Strange to me, but whatever. My one tesla buddy said literally no one ever gives his car a second look, let alone wants to take a picture.. I guess to most, a Tesla is a Tesla is a Tesla...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw a Plaid the other day and it looks...like a Tesla. They're a boring looking car.
And...That's why I'm buying one.
It's a sleeper and the older I get the more that appeals to me.
Well that and the power curve...
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Audio equipment

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
407 Posts
This right here. When I had my Scatpack, I would get a lot of compliments and from time to time I would see someone posing with my car for a picture or whatever. I've had my Redeye since last week and I don't think that one day has gone by where I haven't had some kid or even grownup ask if it was mine or give a compliment on the car.

Last night I was out to dinner with a couple long time friends; one who owns a very modified Tesla Model X and the other a nicely modified Model S. My car was parked next to theirs and we were just bs'ing, and literally no less than a dozen different people walked past us and as they did, I'd get a "nice hellcat" or something similar. A few would even ask if they could take a picture and would mention something about only seeing them in magazines and this was the first time seeing a real one. Strange to me, but whatever. My one tesla buddy said literally no one ever gives his car a second look, let alone wants to take a picture.. I guess to most, a Tesla is a Tesla is a Tesla...
Modified Tesla…is that a thing? How does one modify a Tesla? It must be a short mod list.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
448 Posts
Some of those electric cars are beasts. AWD, instant torque, no shifts ETC. I think it’s pretty cool and would love to drive one with equal or more power that the Hellcat. There is something, however, about the Hellcat that is so fun to drive. It’s not perfect, but it sounds awesome, has gobs of torque, shifts hard and looks badass. It’s a visceral experience that I don’t know if a EV can match.
More fun pushing the needle from left to right on a tachometer than an ammeter!

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
487 Posts
Guys, I'm sure we all love our Hellcats, but facts are facts. Recently the BMW M5 CS completely embarrassed a Hellcat Redeye and a Tesla Plaid would certainly embarrass a M5 CS. Keep your Hellcat. Take good care of it. They may be worth something in 25+ years. But the future of performance can't be denied.

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
100 Posts
I should probably rephrase that.. "customized", not modified. Aftermarket wheels, modified factory ride height to lower the car, custom aero parts, etc.

I'm not a fan of Tesla's or EV's by a long stretch, but I've seen a few sharp looking ones, and we all have to admit that EV is going to eventually be a norm..

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
I should probably rephrase that.. "customized", not modified. Aftermarket wheels, modified factory ride height to lower the car, custom aero parts, etc.

I'm not a fan of Tesla's or EV's by a long stretch, but I've seen a few sharp looking ones, and we all have to admit that EV is going to eventually be a norm..

Oh I'm not a hater , just a joke

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
407 Posts

I see…sort of boring for those who enjoy wrenching.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts