SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1000 hp. Existing Hellelephant engine.
Being produced now.
Source: RacerX (very legit youtube source).

Thoughts on MSRP?

Demon #2, value drop accordingly?

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
I think if true it would be AWESOME. Hope to see it soon. MSRP, guessing 130k? With dealer markups your not getting in for at least 200k is my thoughts (unless your White Trash RIP).

I think DEMON will hold it's value, it won't drop. A halo car will boost all the cars values, it brings attention to the brand and hellcats overall....
Demon was/is a special car in regards to firsts and also the crate, etc.

This all happened before, think last vipers. All viper's appreciated, not just the ACR and last special editions. The ACR actually helped all vipers.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,906 Posts
If true, it would have to be a non street-legal car akin to the Dragpak or Mustang Cobra Jet.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If true, it would have to be a non street-legal car akin to the Dragpak or Mustang Cobra Jet.
Why?

That engine is 900hp on pump, and 1000hp on e85. Why can't that car pass emissions? That would be a main thing they have to do.

They already have a drag pack and that is more than 1000hp anyway.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Engine selected is 1 of the 4 Hellelephants featured at SEMA. My guess is the C170.

Road & Track -
"The original 1000-horsepower supercharged Hellephant V-8 is now one of four Hellephant variants, with Dodge adding versions with cast iron blocks and E85 capability right out of the box. The cast-iron Hellephants have been given a host of upgrades to improve power, including new internals, bigger throttle bodies, an improved supercharger, and more. Here are all the details, from the automaker:

-A30 Crate Engine: Formally known as the Hellephant 426 Supercharged HEMI crate engine, the A30 makes use of a 426 cubic-inch bored and stroked GEN III HEMI aluminum block and features 4340 H-beam rods with forged aluminum pistons and 3.17-inch supercharger pulley to achieve 1000 horsepower on premium fuel

-A170 Crate Engine: Building on the performance of the A30 with upgraded fuel system with flex fuel capability, the A170 delivers over 1100 horsepower with E85 fuel, based on preliminary estimates

-C30 Crate Engine: This new entry in the Hellephant lineup starts with an upgraded 376 cubic-inch cast-iron long block and features a 3.0L IHI supercharger with larger throttle body, stronger rods, pistons, upgraded hardware, and an improved valvetrain to produce approximately 900 horsepower on premium fuel, based on preliminary estimates

-C170 Crate Engine: Building on the performance of the C30 with upgraded fuel system and flex fuel capability, the C170 will deliver over 1000 horsepower with E85 fuel, based on preliminary estimates "

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,794 Posts
Chances that anyone on this entire forum get one from the factory Is 0. Will see how many people try to flip them that’s when you’ll actually be able to get it but for a steep price probably 200k. My guess is they’ll make 200 or less units with the direct connection engine with the 3.0 blower

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
2,194 Posts
I’m guessing after the colossal ADM’s topped with the juice, out the door you’re probably looking at Italian supercar numbers, how’s your portfolio?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,662 Posts
I'm bummed they are calling the 6.2L crates hellephants. Ruins the play on 'elephant' which was historically a 426 block. They could've just gone with "hellion" for the 6.2L offerings (see "lion" in there--bigger version of a cat...) I think their marketing missed a great naming opportunity...

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,906 Posts
We will see. Quoting this post to memorialize.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Just remember that I was originally replying to the rumor that it was coming with the 426 Hellephant (which is not certified for street legal use at present). I just don't see Dodge certifying that engine just to make a limited run of cars. They'd probably have to pay more in EPA and CARB certification related costs than the profit they'd make by making them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know. I know. However...
RacerX has been tied into Dodge for a while. And his reporting has been spot-on.

Check his site out for yourself, you of little faith.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Just remember that I was originally replying to the rumor that it was coming with the 426 Hellephant (which is not certified for street legal use at present). I just don't see Dodge certifying that engine just to make a limited run of cars. They'd probably have to pay more in EPA and CARB certification related costs than the profit they'd make by making them.
The rumor is they are using one of their NEW crate engines (there were a few revealed a month ago or so for direct connection). This engine is a 6.2L(looks to be the same as a Red Eye motor) with a 3.0L blower, and can run on pump or E85. E85 is 1000hp.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,324 Posts
My guess i posted on the other site
Carbon Wheels
E85
hybrid trans (the electric super charger bullshit plus Dodge bought a bunch of these things and havent used them)
3.0L blower
Demon suspension/trans brake etc
150k MSRP plus markups
at least 2k build out
9 flat claims with Leah bringing an 8.80-8.90 ET pass and another NHRA "banned" letter.

This is Demon 2.0

1 - 20 of 51 Posts