SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m looking for a single turbo hellcat that can match the times of an 106mm turbo LS powered challenger doing 8.19 in the quarter. If you have an info on a hellcat with one power adders doing at least 8.1 seconds. Thanks. This is to prove that the 6.2L Hemi is able to handle the same amount of power as the LS platform.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,167 Posts
I m looking for a single turbo hellcat that can match the times of an 106mm turbo LS powered challenger doing 8.19 in the quarter. If you have an info on a hellcat with one power adders doing at least 8.1 seconds. Thanks. This is to prove that the 6.2L Hemi is able to handle the same amount of power as the LS platform.
ok, I am looking for a GM that weighs the same weight as a hellcat, can you help me?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm here for legitimate responses. I'm doing some research on Hellcat owners. The only GM vehicle that's even remotely close is the 95 Chevy Impala SS, which comes in at around 4200lbs. Does anyone have plans to turbo their Hellcat or have you already Turbo'd your Hellcat or Challenger? I'd like to know if any of you have managed to get 8.1 or better in the quarter. thanks.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,733 Posts
Does the LS have stock internals? If not, what’s the point? Just about any platform can be beefed up and boosted to the moon.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the LS turbo Challenger. Anyone have a similar set up but with the OEM Motor?
[WIKI][/WIKI]

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
With that much in mods, it's just a race car!

Could be any body panels...

Reactions: GOMER

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,006 Posts
The response should be...
Don't need a turbo, stock block and 8.7 is in the books
You forgot stock trans.......plus you can drive it home!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
310 Posts
Other than trolling - I am not sure what you are after but since you are trying to compare to purpose built race car...I would think something like this would serve for comparison GENIII Hemi and 7.07's.

or you could go with NHRA legal Stock Eliminator car that goes 8.0's on supercharger alone and at 3,500lbs. - Geoff Turk Posts Quickest Run in NHRA Stock Eliminator History, On the Cusp of 7s! | NMCA

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
664 Posts
This platform has every bit of capability the LS does, except price point. If you're serious, I'm building a 399ci twin turbo, 6.2 based package with Thitek heads and it'll easily do what your asking.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
359 Posts
Here's the LS turbo Challenger. Anyone have a similar set up but with theOEMMotor

Isn’t that a lot like comparing an apple to a paper clip.

Why don’t you put a stock hellcat engine in a full chassis Camaro n put some big ass tires on it and awnser your own research question.

My response would be who cares. You can put a 1100hp engine in any 3000lb
car and run 8.10s and any modern engine can be built to 1100 hp.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,285 Posts
Using a simple math trick, your question is really which engine produces more power with a single power forced induction adder? A LS or a 6.2 L Hemi? Give me a break about what you will bolt in a common platform so we can just get rid of the Challenger and concentrate on the engine, right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts