SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

808 HP ZL2 in the works

17759 Views 66 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  hellcat1
Just read an article that GM is bringing to market the ZL2 camaro, with an lt6 motor,, 396 cid, and twin turbo, making 8 pounds of boost,,, my guess is that , one is a joke, or that there hunting our hellcat's...what do you forum members think,,I will get the name of the site posting it.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Somebody is going to top 707 soon. It's only natural.... Hellcat has a big target it right now HP wise.

Reactions: BossHawg

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
52 Posts
Who leaves their car stock anymore anyways? There comes a point where you stick with the decision you made and play catch up if you MUST have the biggest baddest car on the road....Otherwise, enjoy what you have and suck it up if get smoked by a faster car. Who cares?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm happy with my hellcat, this will be the last muscle car I buy,,I will not get Caught up in chasing the biggest and best,,I would of bought a challenger back in 2011 if it wasn't for the ugly interior..

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
I just started the hellcat from being in storage for four months,, that car is a beast, looks ten times better the a camaro
Mine coming out of hibernation TOMORROW! :cool:

Reactions: hellcat1

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Anyone familiar with Chevy will know that even if they had an 800 hp Camaro coming....it will be 3 years before it hits the market.

I'm sure someone will top 707 hp...eventually. I'm guessing Ford will be the first to take back the pony car hp title.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Dodge says 707, but with dyno numbers, aren't we really around 760HP?
Agreed... I've seen 670 rwhp and over 600 rwtq on the A8.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
728 Posts
Dodge says 707, but with dyno numbers, aren't we really around 760HP?
Actually.... higher than that... it takes 80 Horsepower to run the supercharger.... and they are measuring 707 at the flywheel. So the engine is actually putting out closer to 800 hp.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
52 Posts
Actually.... higher than that... it takes 80 Horsepower to run the supercharger.... and they are measuring 707 at the flywheel. So the engine is actually putting out closer to 800 hp.
Umm, well you can't really count how much hp it takes to turn the supercharger as hidden hp and add it to the total motor output. For people who want to know a more accurate hp assessment will find a load based dyno and use the SAE numbers at the tires to calculate motor hp by dividing drivetrain loss, for example 12%. That will be a better indicator of hp at the motor. Dynojets can show pretty numbers, but at the end of the day they're just pretty numbers.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
728 Posts
Umm, well you can't really count how much hp it takes to turn the supercharger as hidden hp and add it to the total motor output.
True... my point was that the engine had to make more than 707 to get 707 measured at the crank.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
all those waiting for a HC should be praying for that 396 Camaro........it will take sales away from the HC and bring prices down and availability up

its going to happen at some point....chevy and Ford arent going to sit around letting Dodge beat them

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
The Hellcat engine has untapped potential that the SRT Engineers designed in so they can easily up the game when the time comes........In the business we call it a safety factor......Chrysler did not spend all of the money on R and D to have the title lost in 1 year........My guess is the engine max potential is about 850hp to 900hp with not much more than tuning and maybe a cam adjustment.........

Reactions: Rock Petrick

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
they would have to up the trans and driveline too....

Dodge doesnt seem to change HP and up things...i think its going to be 707hp for 3 years no matter wha

when the 5.0 came out Dodge didnt up their 392 HP to get ahead....they were happy staying where they were and tying the 5.0 on the drag strip

Ford changes HP every year or every other year on the GT500's.....they are the only company i see who is willing to do it.

It took Dodge 4+ years to get the HC going....they are slow to move, slow to change....i dont see Dodge responding to anyone on a year to year basis

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.